Retirement Visa – Requirement

I know this have been asked a million times but I can’t find the current requirements needed to apply for an extension of stay based on retirement. I only found the info for O-A from abroad on the website to MFA Can I apply for this extension when now on a multiple non immigrant O based on marriage which was issued end July last year and have a “enter before date 20 of July 2012” or do I have to get a new 90 days non immigrant from abroad and then apply for an extension.

Thanks

- being over 50 of course) and

have an income of 65,000 baht a month

OR

have 800,000 baht in the bank in thailand for at least 2 months the first time and 3 months every next time

OR

have a combination of yearly income and money in the bank in Thailand, totaling toghter at least 800,000 baht.

Income can be from aboraod, must be certified by your embassy with a letter. Money in the bank requires a letter from your bank and bank book.

- being over 50 of course) and

have an income of 65,000 baht a month

OR

have 800,000 baht in the bank in thailand for at least 2 months the first time and 3 months every next time

OR

have a combination of yearly income and money in the bank in Thailand, totaling toghter at least 800,000 baht.

Income can be from aboraod, must be certified by your embassy with a letter. Money in the bank requires a letter from your bank and bank

book.

Thanks, but can I do this on my current Non O Multiple and how long before the "enter before day" ?

No problem to get a retirement extension if you have obtained a non-o even as married to Thai national.

The extension process can be made within 30 days before your stay will expire so if you enter before 20 july you will get 90 days so you have enough time to plan fpr your extension.

Edited by Bengt

No problem to get a retirement extension if you have obtained a non-o even as married to Thai national.

The extension process can be made within 30 days before your stay will expire so if you enter before 20 july you will get 90 days so you have enough time to plan fpr your extension.

Can I get retirement visa just having tourist visa and going to immigration office while in Thailand?

Yes, but you might have to do it in Bangkok and it also depends on how many days you have left.

Just turn up at immigration with the proof you qualify for a permsion to stay based on retirement and fill in a form to transfer from a toruist visa to a non-immigrant visa.

After 14 years working on same work permit I went with my human resources company manager to Bangkok Imm. at CW with my 800,000 Baht in HSBC for 3 months plus statement and letter from HSBC.

Immigration office wouldnt accept the HSBC statement and said must have bank book. HSBC done many 100's of these in past so they couldnt understand problem.

Secondly just having Baht 800,000 was not acceptable as she wanted to see activety on account i.e payings in and withdrawels for pensions etc. What was I actually living on if account was static and I said salary cos I have been working for past 14 years. Said too many ex pats just deposit Baht800,000 to get visa or renew and then withdraw.

She needed evidence of living expenses being paid from the account so in actual fact you may now need 1 million baht to be able to withdraw down to min requirement.

Did I get a particularly difficult person or was the fact that she was covered with medal ribbons and lots of gold on epoulettes to make her feel like a 5 star general and therefore could make up the rules as she went along.

After 14 years working on same work permit I went with my human resources company manager to Bangkok Imm. at CW with my 800,000 Baht in HSBC for 3 months plus statement and letter from HSBC.

Immigration office wouldnt accept the HSBC statement and said must have bank book. HSBC done many 100's of these in past so they couldnt understand problem.

Secondly just having Baht 800,000 was not acceptable as she wanted to see activety on account i.e payings in and withdrawels for pensions etc. What was I actually living on if account was static and I said salary cos I have been working for past 14 years. Said too many ex pats just deposit Baht800,000 to get visa or renew and then withdraw.

She needed evidence of living expenses being paid from the account so in actual fact you may now need 1 million baht to be able to withdraw down to min requirement.

Did I get a particularly difficult person or was the fact that she was covered with medal ribbons and lots of gold on epoulettes to make her feel like a 5 star general and therefore could make up the rules as she went along.

When I was doing my extension last week a guy waiting with me had the same problem using the money in the bank method, He produced a bank book only showing the 800,000 baht with no acivity and was turned down. He was really upset and walked out so I don't know how he fixed it, also he was using a visa service and the person with him couldn't get it done.

Sometimes immirgation indeed not only want to see a bank book with 800,000 in it, but also that you spend some money.

A way to solve it is to show some recent ATM slips if you draw money from your account at home by ATM.

Great, Thanks for the info!

http://www.thaivisa....plication-form/ (click on download on the right of the screen)

TM7 form. 1 form only is needed, print double sided! (Not on two separate pages).

Thanks, since i can't print double sided I'll have to get it from the Immigration on the day,

Depending on your printer, follow these steps and Bob should then be your uncle:-

(1) Click File/Print, then the Page option and enter 1

(2) After the first page has been printed, replace in your sheet tray with the printed side facing down

(3) Click File/Print, then the Page option and enter 2

• 2 months later...

........some more questions........smile.png

Extension of stay (Retirement)

What to write in the Tm7 under “I wish to extend my stay of another period of…….. days”

365 days or deduct the days since last arrival?

Multiple Re- entry based on the above extension

How accurate and specific do I have to be on the Tm 8 form under “herby apply for re-entry …….leaving Thailand… day/month/ year …..mode of transport…….for (purpose of visa)………….and shall return to Thailand about……day/month/year” ? I know I will be going last week of August but not sure if I can make it back end of October or early November!

Thanks again!

Btw, how old can the embassy letter be? (months)

Edited by lopburi3
correct font

Extension: just write 365 days.

re-entry permit: just leave blank or give an aproximate date.

Embassy letter depends a bit on the immirgation office, 2 months should not be a problem and older often also not.

Thank you!

I've been questioned about the lack of activity in my 800,000 baht account and merely produce the Bangkok Bank bankbook for the joint account of Hubby and me. No letters, no copies of that joint book, just a simple verbal statement that Hubby's retirement pension is enough to support both of us, would you like to see the account activity? They've never actually studied that joint bank book, just glanced thru and saw lots of activity and a balance that is always maintained in the low six figures.

I think they just want to know you're able and willing to freely spend money in the Kingdom.

Edited by NancyL

Extension: just write 365 days.

re-entry permit: just leave blank or give an aproximate date.

Embassy letter depends a bit on the immirgation office, 2 months should not be a problem and older often also not.

Thank you!

I have tried to use a Certificate of 2011 pension income, dated June 2012 and issued by the Swedish Govt. I need to use this certificate for my July 2012 visa renewal, because I have only 600,000 in the bank. ( Last year, I was married to a Thai, so this was enough to qualify - but I got divorced last month (May 2012). Krabi Immigration refuses to accept my application of a combination of 600,000 in the bank for 3 months and a Certificate of 2011 pension income eualling 480,000. Anyone know why they would be doing this? Also, they insist that I must have all of my papers and my reenewal application for a retiremeent visa submitted 30 days BEFORE my current visa expires. Which is July 20 so anyone who can offer advice quickly would be welcomed. pat

You are required to present a letter from your Embassy of income - not a pension statement (although your Embassy can likely use that to provide the letter). Suspect they were saying during the last 30 days rather than more than 30 days (which is not normally allowed anywhere without special permissions).