New Regulations

wellred

Firstly if this is already knocking about elsewhere then mods please close this one and direct me to the existing thread. Cheers

So I was reading Stickmans latest offering about 2 new regulations that are set to kick in aimed at the bar scene. The first is getting girls to register for some sort of ID card but the 2nd is getting foreigners to have to sign them in at the hotels so the info can be passed onto immigration. What does this mean for a regular joe foreigner who may happen to be visiting Bangkok to see his non sex worker gf?

On a side note he also talks about girls now having to get regular health checks by government hospitals only. Looks like a good move to tackle the STD issue but I really am concerned for when I'll be visiting. I suppose I don't mind the information being recorded but what will it be used for?

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2012/Naughty-Boys-Hell.htm

Link to the article is below

It's so they can form a table of statistics to determine which nationality spends the most money on bar girls,the results will be used to the advantage of immigration by offering special visas to those that contribute the most to the Thai economy.

• Like 1

Hmm it's possible then again he only ever publishes the weekly on a Sunday so would he waste a column for an April fools joke?

I think you should take the day of the month into consideration...rolleyes.gif

Hmm it's possible then again he only ever publishes the weekly on a Sunday so would he waste a column for an April fools joke?

I think he would....

I think he would....

I can't see why he would bother with his column any other Sunday of the year.

SC

The logistics of this type of enterprise seem downright impractical. How many farangs can you track back from Sukhumvit, to their hotel, make them sign in, add additional information, leave fingerprint samples, DNA samples, hair samples, ___________, just to "hang" with "Oi" on Soi 4?

I admit, I was "had" about an hour ago, but I had an epiphany a few minutes later: TIT.

I think Stick has lost it. He has published a story about a 15 year old Swiss hooker and claims in Germany that, “What they have now are hundreds of rape-clubs where you can force yourself upon young and underage sex slaves kidnapped from Eastern Europe.”

Too bad there are not many shrinks in Thailand because he surly needs one now.

Not saying this in a derogatory way but the man needs some help.

Edited by kerryk

I think Stick has lost it. He has published a story about a 15 year old Swiss hooker and claims in Germany that, “What they have now are hundreds of rape-clubs where you can force yourself upon young and underage sex slaves kidnapped from Eastern Europe.”

Get real guys - its was an April Fools joke and IMHO a pretty good one.

I like his site and have read it for several years - I think he barely puts a foot wrong - and his spelling is better than yours.

Those are stories that are submitted by the readership, those are not written by Stickman.

In regards to his weekly column being an April Fools joke, of course it is, he claims that he is a Libertarian near the end. Please, aren't all Kiwis commies??????

Those are stories that are submitted by the readership, those are not written by Stickman.

In regards to his weekly column being an April Fools joke, of course it is, he claims that he is a Libertarian near the end. Please, aren't all Kiwis commies??????

Stickman reads and approves all the reader submissions and advises writers not to be sexually graphic except in the case of demonizing punters which is OK as in, “a story about a 15 year old Swiss hooker and claims in Germany that, “What they have now are hundreds of rape-clubs where you can force yourself upon young and underage sex slaves kidnapped from Eastern Europe.”

He is an ex punter turned creepo married guy putting up stories about sex slaves kidnapped from Eastern Europe and because it is a Thai centric website by implication that punters who come to Thailand are also into sex slaves. Who knows maybe he has moved back to New Zealand already.

I just think he has lost it and is biting the hand that fed him for so many years so he comes off as PC with the new breed of Thai fops inhabiting the Bangkok boozers.

• Like 2

Stickman reads and approves all the reader submissions and advises writers not to be sexually graphic except in the case of demonizing punters which is OK as in, “a story about a 15 year old Swiss hooker and claims in Germany that, “What they have now are hundreds of rape-clubs where you can force yourself upon young and underage sex slaves kidnapped from Eastern Europe.”

He is an ex punter turned creepo married guy putting up stories about sex slaves kidnapped from Eastern Europe and because it is a Thai centric website by implication that punters who come to Thailand are also into sex slaves. Who knows maybe he has moved back to New Zealand already.

I just think he has lost it and is biting the hand that fed him for so many years so he comes off as PC with the new breed of Thai fops inhabiting the Bangkok boozers.

Quite a jump in your argument there.

I completely disagree. I think it's an excellent site; I always read his weekly column and often read the readers submissions. Its original raison d'etre may well have been as a site to cater for mongering expats, but my impression is that it has broadened out over the last year or two and a range of Thai and SE Asian topics are now covered. The trip reports from some of the regular contributers have been excellent recently, and his own trips to some of the Northern towns and neighbouring countries have been well-put together.

I completely disagree. I think it's an excellent site; I always read his weekly column and often read the readers submissions. Its original raison d'etre may well have been as a site to cater for mongering expats, but my impression is that it has broadened out over the last year or two and a range of Thai and SE Asian topics are now covered. The trip reports from some of the regular contributers have been excellent recently, and his own trips to some of the Northern towns and neighbouring countries have been well-put together.

Your argument does not stand up to scrutiny. Check out the paid advertising of the opening page of the website. About 80% of the paid ads are from brothels. Pray tell what is the market of the average Farang brothel in Thailand?

Your argument does not stand up to scrutiny. Check out the paid advertising of the opening page of the website. About 80% of the paid ads are from brothels. Pray tell what is the market of the average Farang brothel in Thailand?

You think he's lost it - I think its an interesting site that is diversifying into other aspects of expat life in Thailand and SE Asia - he has to pay the bills though I suppose - sex sells licklips.gif

And I did think last Sunday's column was a pretty good April Fool.

Edited by londoedan

You think he's lost it - I think its an interesting site that is diversifying into other aspects of expat life in Thailand and SE Asia - he has to pay the bills though I suppose - sex sells licklips.gif

And I did think last Sunday's column was a pretty good April Fool.

How many married expats with kids want the wife and kids looking at the ads that flash on Sticks page? Fetish clubs! Oh come on. 80% of his market is old sex tourists. That is why he gets so much static on Thai Visa. Thai Visa thinks they have very few old sex tourists.

• Like 1

I know of a number of hotels in Pattaya that won't let unregistered women into rooms. And, many of the medium priced hotels insist on having the girl turn over her ID card before she goes to a room with a customer. However, I hadn't heard where the information was turned over to immigration. It sounds like another attempt to track illegal immigrants from neighbouring countries. There are so many "walk up" sleeping rooms that really wouldn't qualify as being a hotel, that I believe the program would be a failure. I highly doubt it will have any effect on the punters. I seriously doubt that immigration would do a "study" on who comes to Thailand and keep a track of their whereabouts..

I think the ads come from the establishments complying to the new rules..................

Funny so many fell for it. But smart punters only take girls that require ID, and of course they've already checked it if her age is in question.

No ID no money is always wise.

And arrange with the staff that you get a photocopy of the ID for future reference, it's come in very handy for me more than once over the years.

Funny so many fell for it. But smart punters only take girls that require ID, and of course they've already checked it if her age is in question.

And arrange with the staff that you get a photocopy of the ID for future reference, it's come in very handy for me more than once over the years.

Correct. When ever I spend time with a bar girl, I tell her beforehand that the hotel will require to make a copy of her ID... and I always make sure that my valuables are inside the hotel safe even before I leave the room to "surf" around the bars... basic security measures that can protect you from the worst

Correct. When ever I spend time with a bar girl, I tell her beforehand that the hotel will require to make a copy of her ID... and I always make sure that my valuables are inside the hotel safe even before I leave the room to "surf" around the bars... basic security measures that can protect you from the worst

Its best to check that they have an ISO 9001 Quality Management System as well.

• Like 2

Its best to check that they have an ISO 9001 Quality Management System as well.

Nice if they have that paperwork... but as a potential long-term customer, I tend to do some personal on-site and in-deep in-depth quality checks on my own before signing any long-term contracts giggle.gif

Went to check into on in Patts the other night and both myself and my friend were required to hand our ID over.

There was talk before about this coming in to track foreigners. Most large hotels insist on ID at check in anyway.

Went to check into on in Patts the other night and both myself and my friend were required to hand our ID over.

There was talk before about this coming in to track foreigners. Most large hotels insist on ID at check in anyway.

What is "check into on in Patts" mean in English. What kind of ID. Are you a bar girl?

Edited by kerryk

Despite Stick really sticking to his usual tone and writing style this should have been obvious as a April fools joke?!?

Some hotel safes have a default 0000 entry to open, so check and many can be opened using a "slim jim" to hit the reset button so be careful.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

"Smart punters only take girls that require ID." --Johnny

Please clarify: You mean a woman is going to ask to see my ID, or I should be checking hers?

Also:

"No ID no money is always wise." --Johnny

Please clarify: No ID on my person, no money on my person? No ID on BG, no money exchanged with BG?

Again, please clarify.