Visa: non b

Hello,

I phoned the Hull Consul to enquire the terms of a Non Immigrant B visa. I was told that I need a letter from a company confirming my placement for work and undertaking to cover any costs of repataration back to the U.K.

As I will be seeking work after I arrive in Thailand, this now appears an impossible visa route, unless I am prepared to go into deception and hope it does not backfire anywhere along the line, or you can assist with more details of what to do? A proven method/example around this problem?  

I am confused, as many other members appear to obtain this B visa, presumably without already having a job in Thailand?

Thank you.

I got my 'B' visa last week in only 2 days, but this was based on the fact that I own my own UK business which wants to launch into Thailand.  As the director of this company, I was able to 'guarantee' my own repatriation etc.  I also provided my latest accounts the the consul so they could see that my business could indeed afford to repatriate me.

An explanation, but it probably doesn't help you much in your own quest for a 'B' visa..

Simon

Twix, you just change the letter and be a bit creative, saying that you are now RESEARCHING a new business and are PLANNING to start up a Thai company, employ a few Thais, apply for a work permit, open a company bank account to transfer funds into Thailand etc.

For all these actions you are required to have a NON-B, and the Hull consul will propably give you a multiple NON-B if you request so.