Buy/Order Vehicle At Auto Shows

When one orders a vehicle at one of the major auto shows, like the current one in Bangkok, how does it work? Since many models are back-ordered for months, I assume one doesn't pay all in advance...does one make a deposit and then pay the balance on delivery? If so, what is the standard deposit amount (assuming an cash sale). Also, again I assume delivery is made by the nearest dealer to one's residence in Thailand. Another question, when you buy at the shows, is one buying from a dealer or the manufacturer...or are you dealing with the manufacturer and they assign one's purchase to the nearest local dealer?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I got my car at the show

Local dealer was saying 6 months +

gave a 5000 Bt. deposit with credit card, cash works too

Made my deal with extras I wanted and freebies

I am from CM and was told to pick it up in 3 days from a BKK dealer

It was all ready and just like I wanted

Will gladly do it agian at the show

From my experience at the recent motor expo, when you order at the show you pay a small deposit of say 5000baht. It's more of a reservation. They fill out a reservation form and give you a copy. The reservation is with that dealer and that is where you will take delivery, because the people you will be talking with are from a particular dealership. I'm not aware if there are several dealers' sales people at the show for a particular manufacturer. So I suppose your first question would be, "what dealer are you from?". Also this is the time where you would try to bargain on the price and haggle over the freebies because they will write it down on the reservation slip.

If financing is needed, then they will arrange a meeting to go through the paperwork in the following weeks. Otherwise skip that step if you are paying cash.

Then wait for the vehicle, which apparently for some truck models is taking several months. It's my understanding that (for cash sale) you pay the remaining total (sans the 5000baht reserve) at the time of delivery. *I haven't gotten that far yet, because I'm still waiting. Choose wisely on your choice of dealerships because service varies greatly. I'd also suggest that when you reserve that you ask if the reserve deposit is refundable and have them write is down on paper and sign it. Good luck and have fun!

Can confirm most only want 5000 baht deposit, but backorder depending on model is an issue right now, a friend had an Accord on order and they gave him his money back "Don't know when can deliver", at the show Jazz, 4 months unless you get the jap import, City 1 year, Swift from Suzki October, Vios 2-3 months, only Ford had next day delivery on Fiesta, gee i wonder why.