Epson With Ink Tank Ghost / Double Printing Some Things

MisterMan

hi, I have an Epson with the modified ink tank which i think is fabulous.. best advice I ever got on TV!

However I printed about 90 sheets and then it made a weird noise but worked fine. The next day I went to print it is ghost printing / double double printing printing.. urg. however not everything. But most things. Wierd. an image from the itnernet printed fine. but not a statement from my banking online..

So frustrating..... urg.

Any ideas? I have aligned the print heads about 10x, the test sheet prints fine but on the align sheet the numbers duplicate on the top row.. if that makes any sense. Thanking you in advance.

MisterMan~ I have the Epson TX101 with mod. ink tank and like you, I love it. I'm from the States and I'd never seen an after market ink tank setup before...I guessing a vast conspiracy between the printer manufactures (but that's another story). Anyway, here's what you have probably tried already to fix your "ghost" character printing problem.

Under the printer properties for your installed Epson, you see a Maintenance tab - try a few of the clean your printer type buttons.

If above doesn't get the job done, here's a video that might help:

If that doesn't work..PM me and I'll set you up with my wife (so to speak) and she'll get you sorted.

Good luck!

Yes love my printer and have speant 100 baht in a year in a half on ink refil. Just black. The guy in Phuket in the parking lot-escalator has been away.. urge. He is who I bought it from . Will take it to him. None of the maintenance functions worked.

I wonder if you could go to jail in America with something like that?