Bombing In The South

oldsailor35

When are the govt., and army going to get serious about this terrorism. I read where a few soldiers just drive around in pick up trucks, presenting themselves as targets. Don't blame these young inexperienced soldiers. Its their poor leadership, the myriad of useless golf playing generals who need a kick in the ass! As a young soldier serving in Malays back in the 50's we were up against against a similiar situation. But we had the whole country absolutely "bottled up" road blocks everywhere, an ant could'nt move without being stopped and searched. However here in southern Thailand, gangs of armed men can just cruise around on motorbikes attacking whoever they like. Apparently these terrorists can steal vehicles, load them up with explosives and then drive them to their destination of terror. This could never have happened in Malaya back in the 50's they would'nt have got past the first checkpoint.

We stopped everything, i remember stopping a cyclist in Perak who claimed to be a school teacher on his way to class. He showed me, amongst other things a jar full of rice, which i took off him, putting my hand inside i found a hand grenade! This is the type of security we need in the south today, not stupid statements from government officials and army generals. Its time to get real, look at how Malaya survived, learn some lessons.

• Like 1

. Apparently these terrorists can steal vehicles, load them up with explosives and then drive them to their destination of terror.

If you think its bad in Thailand, try oklahoma.

And it gets worse. In some parts of the America it seems pretty easy to steal a few aeroplanes and drive their to your destination of terror.

Imagine that.

oldsailor35:

don't forget that many people make good business with it and have interests.

think there would be no terrorism in the south and no border conflicts:

Downgrade of the army would happen.

The south has big resources of oil and gas. So there are interests on this as well.