Credit Card Charge

oopapasan

:D I thought when you make a contract (businesses) with a credit card company you agree not to charge extra for the service.A lot of places hit you for extra.I know it costs them,but why do the credit card companies not cancel them if they get complaints?Maybe I am wrong? :D:D:o

I had this alot with Amex, so I cancelled it, Visa is alot better but there are still places that insist on the 3% credit card charge.

You can report these stores to the credit card companies, but I reckon the stores will just stop accepting those credit cards then...

Edited by Thairish

Depends where your card was issued. There is specific law in the UK which allows merchants to make surcharges on credit card transactions where the credit card was issued in the UK.

If you have bargained the price down to the last baht

then a surcharge is reasonable.

If you are paying the marked price then say no and start to walk out.

If the shopkeeper has any common sense he will call you back.

I know "common sense" is not usually available in Thailand :o

but you might get lucky.

:D

If you have bargained the price down to the last baht

then a surcharge is reasonable.

If you are paying the marked price then say no and start to walk out.

If the shopkeeper has any common sense he will call you back.

I know "common sense" is not usually available in Thailand :D

but you might get lucky.

:D:D I have done a lot of walking,but if I really need something I pay.I now book all air tickets online.They get greedy and they lose.Satang wise Baht foolish.To me it is the same as stealing 1 baht or 100 baht.What do I know ,I am just a retired cop.Been there done that. :o:D:D:D:D

I had this alot with Amex, so I cancelled it, Visa is alot better but there are still places that insist on the 3% credit card charge.

You can report these stores to the credit card companies, but I reckon the stores will just stop accepting those credit cards then...

Seems to me Thairish that it's blanket charge, doesn't matter what card you have.