Most Oppose Amnesty For Thaksin: Poll

webfact

Poll: Most Oppose Amnesty for Thaksin

BANGKOK: -- According to a recent opinion poll conducted by the National Institute of Development Administration, 64 percent of those polled oppose amnesty for ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, but instead want him to return to Thailand to fight his cases.

The National Institute of Development Administration has announced the results of its recent opinion poll conducted on the issue of national reconciliation and political situation.

According to the results, 48.6 percent of the respondents believe that the country will fall back into another political confrontation if former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is granted amnesty.

At the same time, only 20.09 percent see that the amnesty will improve the situation while 18.12 percent do not think that it would bring any change.

When asked what Thaksin should do, 64 percent urge the ex-premier to return to Thailand to fight his charges while 16.3 percent do not think that he should return at all.

Only 8.39 percent of the respondents see that he should come back once he is granted amnesty.

About plans for national reconciliation, 45.41 percent are unsure if the King Prajadhipok's Institute's report should be incorporated into the plans while 28.64 percent see that it should be included.

Meanwhile, 25.95 percent reject the report, saying the reconciliation effort depends solely on the government.

On their concerns about the current political climate, 61.08 percent are worried about possible protests from various groups and 25.34 percent do not want another coup.

The poll was conducted among 1,246 people randomly selected from all parts of the country.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-04-05

footer_n.gif

Thaksin Shinawatra has done nothing wrong. He says so here.

This video is very old but he maintains his innocence of any wrongdoing.

Amnesty not required for an innocent man.coffee1.gif

Edited by ratcatcher

64 percent of those polled oppose amnesty for ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra

Will the "Man of the People" listen?

No.

It's not like he ever gave a rat's arse about people.

Johm, I suggest you read article again "64 percent urge the ex-premier to return to Thailand to fight his charges ". Thi just might sugest that many Thais think that if he wins a favourable ruling the issue will be resolved.

They are quite aware of this already. They know they don't get a majority of the popular vote during elections, and that even fewer would support an outright amnesty for Thaksin, especially with no yellow shirt boycott to help them. It's going to be a tricky business getting his amnesty and returning the 46 billion he stole from the Thai people.

64 percent of those polled oppose amnesty for ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra

No.

Johm, I suggest you read article again "64 percent urge the ex-premier to return to Thailand to fight his charges ". Thi just might sugest that many Thais think that if he wins a favourable ruling the issue will be resolved.

And if he gets a just ruling, then it goes into high gear again.

I think, if he is a brave man he is going back and fight in the court or, maybe the easiest just do the two years. Two years of his life cannot be worth all the mess going on. And it cannot be worth that Thailand is going to hell. If he love Thailand and its people he will return, or otherwise he don`t love Thailand and its people, but than he should speak out and tell the trut.

No.

<Altered quoted post removed>

blink.pnghuh.pngwacko.png

slow down, Albert.

John, I suggest you read the article again "64 percent urge the ex-premier to return to Thailand to fight his charges ". This just might sugest that many Thais think that if he wins a favourable ruling the issue will be resolved.

Does this help? Will you retract your incorrect statement now?

Edited by metisdead
Removed quoted post in which the wording had been altered.

No.

Somehow I don't think he's going to change his mind based on the opinions of 1,246 people out of a voting electorate of 40 odd million eligible voters.

I cannot what he needs to fight agaisnt. He was convicted and sentenced, he should go to jail in first place. After that he can fight the rest of pending cases which were not bring to court in absentia.

convicted by the coup makers

• Like 1

I cannot what he needs to fight agaisnt. He was convicted and sentenced, he should go to jail in first place. After that he can fight the rest of pending cases which were not bring to court in absentia.

The Supreme Court made the coup?

crazy.gifcrazy.gif

crazy.gifcrazy.gif

If somebody is telling u "u don't see ur family anymore if ....................."or somebody is telling u"u should leave thailand if..............."then its kind of easy to do what somebody wants u to do.Here is takatukaland not USA,Canada or Germany with independant judges and courts.If Mr.Thaksin is guilty of whatever.then sure others are guilty too,but those others are not interesting for the coupmakers,Do u really think Mr.Thaksin is the only one who filled or is filling his pockets here in Thailand?

crazy.gifcrazy.gif

If somebody is telling u "u don't see ur family anymore if ....................."or somebody is telling u"u should leave thailand if..............."then its kind of easy to do what somebody wants u to do.

The Supreme Court was issuing threats?

:blink: :blink:

crazy.gifcrazy.gif

Do you type that in the hope a few newbies will believe your cause. All the top people in the army, air force, navy and yes the judiciary all end up in a very prominent group controlled by the coup maker. From this position he calls the shots The only thing not confirmed bcos Sondthi wont reveal is who call the coup maker to start the ball rolling. Was it an individual (doubtful) so which group of faceless people are keeping this country in the dark ages by removing and cobbling together new governments(in army bases) when there vast wealths are threatened. Why did Thaksin make a phone call from USA, as the coup started, to arrest the person he thought responsible(That information came from wikileaks via a cable sent from the American Ambassador reporting on his meeting with the coup maker the very next day) Unless all those cables are fake or the ambassador is lying. These neandrathals who like to keep this country in the dark ages are great when they keep all the information in house but when it leaves these shores via an extremely trustworthy official all the anti Thaksin cr4p posted on here looks what it is...ridiculous

No.

Which ruling the one he is proven guilty of now or the other ones hanging over his head.

The article should have asked how many people believe he will live very long if he returns.

What is your take on this quote

"25.34 percent do not want another coup" What about the other 74.66% do they want one.

Truth is I don't believe there is a qualified pollster in Thailand they are all just a joke. 1,246 people polled out of 66,000,000 million.

No.

And if he gets a just ruling, then it goes into high gear again.

Quite right if he get's a just ruling then he will never see the light of day again.

And the peaceful Red Shirts will be in town again to peacefully protest again.

It would be a great chance for the yellow shirts to move in to the red shirt towns and make them Yellow shirt towns.

crazy.gifcrazy.gif

Do you type that in the hope a few newbies will believe your cause.

Whatever my "cause" { huh.png } is, that is not why I typed that.

I typed that because the poster wrote that Thaksin was "convicted by the coup makers."

As Thaksin was convicted by the Supreme Court, it seemed like a logical question to ask.

Edited by Buchholz

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity? ~Steve Polyak

Is that what you mean when you wrote,

"Here is takatukaland"

You make me smile,i'm off to bedclap2.gif impossible to defeat ignorance with arguments,sawasdee good night

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity? ~Steve Polyak

"Here is takatukaland"

You make me smile,i'm off to bedclap2.gif impossible to defeat ignorance with arguments,sawasdee good night

You babble something incoherent, then, when questioned, expound on some other nonsensical tangent.. and then tell other members they are ignorant.

Good night and good riddance.

crazy.gifcrazy.gif

If somebody is telling u "u don't see ur family anymore if ....................."or somebody is telling u"u should leave thailand if..............."then its kind of easy to do what somebody wants u to do.Here is takatukaland not USA,Canada or Germany with independant judges and courts.If Mr.Thaksin is guilty of whatever.then sure others are guilty too,but those others are not interesting for the coupmakers,Do u really think Mr.Thaksin is the only one who filled or is filling his pockets here in Thailand?

No one told Big T to leave he request permission to travel outside the country and it was given he never came back. If you are going to post nonsense at least state it at the end of your post. I thought you where in bed

"Here is takatukaland"

You babble something incoherent, then, when questioned, expound on some other nonsensical tangent.. and then tell other members they are ignorant.

Good night and good riddance.

I sent a Pm to u

The Supreme Court was issuing threats?

blink.pngblink.png

It was the Supreme Court that had threats issued against them. Voice of Thaksin printed the names, home address, and telephone number of every judge ruling on his 76 billion baht directly after an article about political assassinations

http://2bangkok.com/...tions1002b.html

Interesting note, from the isp that we have in the office several 2bangkok.com pages or perhaps the full site is blocked 'by order of MCOT' (I can read it from home however, sofar).

Why would pages critical of PTP and Red Shirts need to be banned? It will be hidden behind other reasons, but...