Man Arrested After Taking Wife Hostage: Bangkok

webfact

What drugs are readily available in Thailand that, if used, could cause someone to behave in this way?

The country is awash with methamphetamine.

It is the Worlds hub for meth trafficking. Maybe a hub accolade they don't want but a deserved one nonetheless.

Judging from appearance and behaviour, how can anyone doubt Darwin ?

An excellent point. Fortunately, Darwin was wrong, maybe not about evolution, but certainly about the role of God and reality of Jesus as a living sacrifice for our sins, should we accept it.

Where did the bottle of water come from?

I'm not trying to be a wise-cracker either. Anyone who holds a knife to his own wife's neck is deranged, in my opinion, plain and simple. I pity both of them, her for being his wife, and him for being who he became.

• Like 1

The police not controlling the perimter is a concern, anyone remember the incident in Bangkok a few years ago, a drugged up nutter held a knife to a young girls throat in the back of a pickup truck? The negotiations lasted for a while and then the crowd stormed the pickup truck, the gril had her throat cut (and died) seconds before the mob got to him and he was beaten to death, the police cleared up the bodies and the mess, after the crowd disbursed and later said they had learned their lesson about securing the perimiter, guess what, they didn't.

why was this guy not taken out by a head shot ?

4 hours in.he could have drawn the knife across her throat in seconds. she was low-so , so mai pen ri.

christ, i really hate this country.(then go home).

loved this country to bits 10 years ago, now its just turned to <deleted>. sad, really sad. (then go home if u dont like it)

just thought i wud get in early with the go home shots b4 the rest did.

I really try to see the best in Thailand everyday, but by the evening i end up resenting the country and its people.

then I start again, giving thebenefit of the doubt.

Its like ground hog day here, every day.

Don't you see or read the world news, this type of thing happens in every country in the world, and in the country you come from, Don't think any counry in the world would suit you. you must have a very sad life, would hate to be you, what a miserable life you have.

• Like 1

Judging from appearance and behaviour, how can anyone doubt Darwin ?

An excellent point. Fortunately, Darwin was wrong, maybe not about evolution, but certainly about the role of God and reality of Jesus as a living sacrifice for our sins, should we accept it.

Your praise of the false God is off-topic.

But I would be interested in how you can claim Darwin was wrong - supposedly there is evidence around that help you form this theory.

why was this guy not taken out by a head shot ?

4 hours in.he could have drawn the knife across her throat in seconds. she was low-so , so mai pen ri.

christ, i really hate this country.(then go home).

loved this country to bits 10 years ago, now its just turned to <deleted>. sad, really sad. (then go home if u dont like it)

just thought i wud get in early with the go home shots b4 the rest did.

I really try to see the best in Thailand everyday, but by the evening i end up resenting the country and its people.

then I start again, giving thebenefit of the doubt.

Its like ground hog day here, every day.

Don't you see or read the world news, this type of thing happens in every country in the world, and in the country you come from, Don't think any counry in the world would suit you. you must have a very sad life, would hate to be you, what a miserable life you have.

Thanks for that pearl of wisdom.

• Like 1

If we give him the same consideration, that many gave to the farang on the BTS a week or so ago, then I would guess all his behaviors after being clubbed on the head are excusable.

What? No one was clubbed. Wrong thread or were you clubbed and therefore thinking irrationally?

sorry you are having trouble with your reading comprehension, but it states he was clubbed quite clearly in the OP. Do try to keep up.

After returning to their apartment, he got into an argument with his wife as he believed she told the police to arrest him.

His sister-in-law struck Sakdawut with a club which provoked him even more.

He dragged his wife out to the street and demanded a taxi.

If we give him the same consideration, that many gave to the farang on the BTS a week or so ago, then I would guess all his behaviors after being clubbed on the head are excusable.

What? No one was clubbed. Wrong thread or were you clubbed and therefore thinking irrationally?

sorry you are having trouble with your reading comprehension, but it states he was clubbed quite clearly in the OP. Do try to keep up.

After returning to their apartment, he got into an argument with his wife as he believed she told the police to arrest him.

His sister-in-law struck Sakdawut with a club which provoked him even more.

He dragged his wife out to the street and demanded a taxi.

He's already apologized for missing the club incident, do you have to be so facetious?

I thoroughly enjoyed the bit about Nisa being clubbed on the head hence his totally irrational posts... would explain a great deal to me!

To try to compare this incident where a man gets arrested, then attacks his wife, gets clubbed by his wife's sister and drags his wife into the street at knife point to another involving a balloon dispute and an assault by a security guard you clearly have to be thinking irrationally.

Certainly suggests to me that Nisa may well have taken a knock to the head somewhere along the line...

• Like 1

Having read that last post back I thought I'd better clarify:

- Nisa I don't advocate you being clubbed over the head; contrary to many others on here I don't believe that your irrational behavior alone would warrant that!

Confused and irrational behavior is one thing, violence is quite another...jap.gif

• Like 1

A drug -rage man---was bailed out ??? for intoxication ??  bailed out, if he was drug raged he should have been kept locked up---but T money they got ??? then had to go through all this--what for-publicity?? photo shots ?? someone said they felt sorry for her--Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters.

I bet your the life of the party wherever you may roam.  Happy, happy, joy, joy!  Who is the nutter???  Actually, a really tragic story and perhaps he was once a good guy when they wed.  No need to be judgmental.

what happened in their earlier married life, I don't know--it was what is happening with them NOW--feel sorry for any kids, most of all-but posters skipped that to pick out the bits they could attack easy, to be in that situation myself I would class myself as being a nutter to put up with it. If as confirmed by the sister-that he was on the drugs, sorry I would be hightailing it out of his way to protect my kids or myself---NOT paying bail money to the bib.  Lets be honest with ourselves---would you be bailing out your misses--to get him out off the bibs hands to come back home. ==to do this ???  I spoke honestly, yes to my mind she was stupid--if he was like this and she had put up with it before-as the sister suggested, then she wants help or IS stupid. Like it or lump it---as for me being sort of bad company at a party--who now is being judgmental eh! ??? To sum up If she has kids and stays with him, I would think that she is not thinking about her children's welfare. People together in a partnership and knowing the score have to make the bed and lay on it.  Sorry if my answer is not what you want, give us your opinion so I can tear into your post.  Easy also for you to pick and mix without your version. so lets hear it.This answer also can apply to Bagwan -who was scathing -

Edited by ginjag

A drug -rage man---was bailed out ??? for intoxication ?? bailed out, if he was drug raged he should have been kept locked up---but T money they got ??? then had to go through all this--what for-publicity?? photo shots ?? someone said they felt sorry for her--Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters.

I bet your the life of the party wherever you may roam. Happy, happy, joy, joy! Who is the nutter??? Actually, a really tragic story and perhaps he was once a good guy when they wed. No need to be judgmental.

what happened in their earlier married life, I don't know--it was what is happening with them NOW--feel sorry for any kids, most of all-but posters skipped that to pick out the bits they could attack easy, to be in that situation myself I would class myself as being a nutter to put up with it. If as confirmed by the sister-that he was on the drugs, sorry I would be hightailing it out of his way to protect my kids or myself---NOT paying bail money to the bib. Lets be honest with ourselves---would you be bailing out your misses--to get him out off the bibs hands to come back home. ==to do this ??? I spoke honestly, yes to my mind she was stupid--if he was like this and she had put up with it before-as the sister suggested, then she wants help or IS stupid. Like it or lump it---as for me being sort of bad company at a party--who now is being judgmental eh! ??? To sum up If she has kids and stays with him, I would think that she is not thinking about her children's welfare. People together in a partnership and knowing the score have to make the bed and lay on it. Sorry if my answer is not what you want, give us your opinion so I can tear into your post. Easy also for you to pick and mix without your version. so lets hear it.This answer also can apply to Bagwan -who was scathing -

It's a sad fact of nature that many wives beaten by their husbands will continue to defend and love their abusive partner without question, many feeling some misguided sense of loyalty or even guilt for the situation.

Unfortunately thinking so clearly and rationally when directly involved in what is obviously a highly dysfunctional, abusive situation is not always easy, being a vicious little cretin from the safety and anonymity your keyboard affords you is... bravo clap2.gif

• Like 1

I've seen this happen before. In the US, SWAT would have shot him for sure. But here, they try to negotiate. This one they Tasered. I think these guy are looking for attention. And I think the negotiator know they are looking for attention, and try not to make this a lethal encounter. Anyway, kudos to the Thai negotiators for using restraint. Cops in the US seem to be way too eager to shoot first.

Don't you see or read the world news, this type of thing happens in every country in the world

Indeed, but in my experience it happens here in Thailand with more regularity than any other country I have lived or worked in.

A direct result of the country having a massive and uncontrollable methamphetamine problem.

Thankfully, vigilante mob justice, torture and extra-judical killings of suspected criminals happen much less often in most other countries.

A drug -rage man---was bailed out ??? for intoxication ??  bailed out, if he was drug raged he should have been kept locked up---but T money they got ??? then had to go through all this--what for-publicity?? photo shots ?? someone said they felt sorry for her--Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters.

I bet your the life of the party wherever you may roam.  Happy, happy, joy, joy!  Who is the nutter???  Actually, a really tragic story and perhaps he was once a good guy when they wed.  No need to be judgmental.

what happened in their earlier married life, I don't know--it was what is happening with them NOW--feel sorry for any kids, most of all-but posters skipped that to pick out the bits they could attack easy, to be in that situation myself I would class myself as being a nutter to put up with it. If as confirmed by the sister-that he was on the drugs, sorry I would be hightailing it out of his way to protect my kids or myself---NOT paying bail money to the bib.  Lets be honest with ourselves---would you be bailing out your misses--to get him out off the bibs hands to come back home. ==to do this ???  I spoke honestly, yes to my mind she was stupid--if he was like this and she had put up with it before-as the sister suggested, then she wants help or IS stupid. Like it or lump it---as for me being sort of bad company at a party--who now is being judgmental eh! ??? To sum up If she has kids and stays with him, I would think that she is not thinking about her children's welfare. People together in a partnership and knowing the score have to make the bed and lay on it.  Sorry if my answer is not what you want, give us your opinion so I can tear into your post.  Easy also for you to pick and mix without your version. so lets hear it.This answer also can apply to Bagwan -who was scathing -

It's a sad fact of nature that many wives beaten by their husbands will continue to defend and love their abusive partner without question, many feeling some misguided sense of loyalty or even guilt for the situation.

Unfortunately thinking so clearly and rationally when directly involved in what is obviously a highly dysfunctional, abusive situation is not always easy, being a vicious little cretin from the safety and anonymity your keyboard affords you is... bravo clap2.gif

A vicious little cretin---Ha Ha---I was speaking how I would have acted in that living situation. I do understand that there are love hate relationships and others that cannot part-whatever. I wouldn't stay in that style of life--they are by the look of it--and surely they hav more dangers ahead of them. We do not know what their life has been like, I was getting the gut feeling it was not good for a family--in a home (kids) come first NOT drugs or booze, or nasty angry. I am far from perfect-we are all the same in that score BUT === It was a terrible situation yes and I am sorry it's happened, but more so for any kids involved (law of averages says they will have some)

A vicious little cretin---Ha Ha---I was speaking how I would have acted in that living situation. I do understand that there are love hate relationships and others that cannot part-whatever. I wouldn't stay in that style of life--they are by the look of it--and surely they hav more dangers ahead of them. We do not know what their life has been like, I was getting the gut feeling it was not good for a family--in a home (kids) come first NOT drugs or booze, or nasty angry. I am far from perfect-we are all the same in that score BUT === It was a terrible situation yes and I am sorry it's happened, but more so for any kids involved (law of averages says they will have some)

"Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters"

A cretinous and vicious statement if ever I heard one. But now your real concern is the welfare of their fictitious kids that you have assumed they have? Spare me the BS, you were having a laugh at the expense of others less fortunate.

Sorry tale, on balance well done the BiB, better him taken down than her stabbed in the street. Still questionable that he was released earlier if still intoxicated but he may well have been in a more stable frame of mind at that time.

• Like 1

got your brownie points """ your reply looks good, BUT my reply was aimed at the event and leading up to it, sorry SIR if you thought it was bad, Being here 31 years, and having witnessed these happenings on hundreds of occasions, all this is about is right and wrong, no matter what your goodie goodie reply is. just look at the all too common situation, most of it comes down to lack of parental control in the early years. guidance -love-.......... I was fortunate I had it. Fictitious kids maybe BUT may well not be as I said IF so does your attitude change a little ??

Others less fortunate than myself,, for a start they had bail out cash, he can afford booze-maybe drugs, how rich are they ??? I know they need help BOTH of them thats my point---nutters YES until cured. They choose to live this style, I comment on it. You have no Idea they are less fortunate than me. You are picking at some truths I posted--and because they don't look good on paper, you try your best to make me out the worlds worst. " He may have been more sober when the police released him" praising the bib and making the married pair out to be less fortunate only---get real.

got your brownie points """ your reply looks good, BUT my reply was aimed at the event and leading up to it, sorry SIR if you thought it was bad, Being here 31 years, and having witnessed these happenings on hundreds of occasions, all this is about is right and wrong, no matter what your goodie goodie reply is. just look at the all too common situation, most of it comes down to lack of parental control in the early years. guidance -love-.......... I was fortunate I had it. Fictitious kids maybe BUT may well not be as I said IF so does your attitude change a little ??

Others less fortunate than myself,, for a start they had bail out cash, he can afford booze-maybe drugs, how rich are they ??? I know they need help BOTH of them thats my point---nutters YES until cured. They choose to live this style, I comment on it. You have no Idea they are less fortunate than me. You are picking at some truths I posted--and because they don't look good on paper, you try your best to make me out the worlds worst. " He may have been more sober when the police released him" praising the bib and making the married pair out to be less fortunate only---get real.

Truths? I'm not picking at any "truths" you posted, had you used any factual material to back up your rant I might be able to.

"Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters"

Hardly a factual statement is it?! Then you end your post with:

"Sorry if my answer is not what you want, give us your opinion so I can tear into your post."

So why take offense when someone does what you ask? Unfortunately your critique of my response was limited to name calling, further speculation and a complete lack of factual reference. Why am I not surprised?!

Truths? I'm not picking at any "truths" you posted, had you used any factual material to back up your rant I might be able to.

"Sorry if my answer is not what you want, give us your opinion so I can tear into your post."

So why take offense when someone does what you ask? Unfortunately your critique of my response was limited to name calling, further speculation and a complete lack of factual reference. Why am I not surprised?!

When did I name call you ??? and as for calling me a cretin because the picture that was given me was of 2 not normal acting people, my response was because these people make me sick, behaving in a way that causes distress to all.

you remind me of one of these judges who would say---the police acted good-released him as he may well have been ok at the time he over reacted that day because he was having one of those days. The lady is a super lady sticking by him through thick and thin (even within deaths door). We have to assume that this could well have happened before, we have not got much background have we. But I certainly frown upon their type of life. Do you think it was a one off??? never to be repeated ??? sorry doubt it. I was strong initially--but look at the pics--I cannot bring myself to say be good don't do it again. Or congratulate her for sticking by him.

Don't you see or read the world news, this type of thing happens in every country in the world

Indeed, but in my experience it happens here in Thailand with more regularity than any other country I have lived or worked in.

A direct result of the country having a massive and uncontrollable methamphetamine problem.

Thankfully, vigilante mob justice, torture and extra-judical killings of suspected criminals happen much less often in most other countries.

Obviously you have not visited or worked in the US wink.png

Obviously you have not visited or worked in the US wink.png

Nope, and no intention of doing so either.

Why do you hate the place that you come from so much?

I don't hate it in the least bit and didn't at all imply that ... did you miss the "wink.png" ?

When did I name call you ??? and as for calling me a cretin because the picture that was given me was of 2 not normal acting people, my response was because these people make me sick, behaving in a way that causes distress to all.

you remind me of one of these judges who would say---the police acted good-released him as he may well have been ok at the time he over reacted that day because he was having one of those days. The lady is a super lady sticking by him through thick and thin (even within deaths door). We have to assume that this could well have happened before, we have not got much background have we. But I certainly frown upon their type of life. Do you think it was a one off??? never to be repeated ??? sorry doubt it. I was strong initially--but look at the pics--I cannot bring myself to say be good don't do it again. Or congratulate her for sticking by him.

You assume a stand point that I have not taken because I took you to task for reveling in the misery of others at your own invitation.

How would you describe that statement?

As I've made quite clear I feel sorry for all involved, congratulate the BiB for taking him down before the situation escalated and hope they both get the help necessary to turn their lives around, rather than simply being made objects of cheap derision by those clearly more fortunate.

As you went onto point out, contradicting yourself:

" You have no Idea they are less fortunate than me"

"most of it comes down to lack of parental control in the early years. guidance -love-.......... I was fortunate I had it"

Seems little point in debating anything with someone that can contradict themselves within a single post. Have a nice day...coffee1.gif

A drug -rage man---was bailed out ??? for intoxication ?? bailed out, if he was drug raged he should have been kept locked up---but T money they got ??? then had to go through all this--what for-publicity?? photo shots ?? someone said they felt sorry for her--Ha Ha the stupid woman-she looks as bad as him-what a good pair they make--wed in harmony for life---I think they must be sadists, bleeding nutters.

There is nothing in the story to back up his being drug crazed except his behavior. However, it does work EXTREMELY well as a news story and getting people onboard with more harsher crack downs on drug users. The guy very could be under the influence of drugs but he also might just be drunk or had a mental episode. Bottom line is it would have been nice if they explained why they were saying he was on drugs and if he was on drugs were they taken after his arrest for being drunk in public and was he still under the influence when they let him bail out? They have drunk tanks for a reason .. to let people sober up before letting them out to avoid this kind of issue (actually in the west to avoid the drunk getting into a car and driving and then having the police get their behinds sued off when he mows down some innocent family).

oh please, this has meth written all over it!

the same situation has happened many times.

If we give him the same consideration, that many gave to the farang on the BTS a week or so ago, then I would guess all his behaviors after being clubbed on the head are excusable

and as for that post... nothing, i got nothing.