Posted Documents- Forgot To Self-Certify Passport (Uk Fiancee Visa)

Hi,

In my haste to catch the post before the bank holiday, I forgot to self-certify the copies of my passport pages. Fiancee is due to hand in documents on 16th April so not a lot of time to get a signed copy over to BKK what with the Easter weekend. How important is it to have these self-certified? Could I sign a copy then scan and email them to fiancee or would that not be acceptable? My fiancee has got my old passport copies which were certified by our vicar, but signed back in 08.

Thanks for any advice on this, kicking myself now!

You can sign copies and scan them over to Thailand. Add a letter of explanation to go with application. Hopefully, common sense on the part of the ECO will prevail. If the application is refused solely on the grounds that the passport copies were not certified, then you will have a right of appeal against that. The Embassy won't let it go to appeal on those grounds. I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for the reply Visasplus. I'll do like you say and pop the originals in post. I'll leave a note with the copies to say that if they need the original signed copy then to contact fiancee. I looked into couriers- £50 for a few pages of A4!! Thanks for all the help on this application.