Facebook Ipo

but imagine being able to say to people

i lost $ 2 billion last week but i am still smiling .........rolleyes.gif

The 28-year-old’s fortune fell to $14.7 billion yesterday from $16.2 billion on May 25, as shares of the world’s largest social-networking company dropped 9.6 percent to $28.84. That extended the stock’s losses to 24 percent from the worst- performing large initial public offering in the past decade.violin.gif

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-29/zuckerberg-drops-off-billionaires-index-as-facebook-extends-fall.html

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Facebook has always seemed to me to be about a load of idiots talking crap to morons (so rather like most of the rest of the internet in fact).

Pretty much sums it up.

With this IPO they have just brought wbankers into the equation.

And it looks like even the bankers shot themselves in the foot with this one, which of course they richly deserve.

Remember the .com bubble?

I'm not sure how the bankers have shot themselves in the foot . . . the estimated fees for advisers (banks, underwriters, lawyers etc) on an IPO of this size will be a cool $100 million.

Morgan Stanley has made some dosh on processing the IPO, but they have screwed themselves six ways from Sunday in the way they handled it. MS has pissed off a lot of people in the last three weeks over the debacle on valuation, shares available in the initial offering, not being able to handle the trading volume and misrepresentation. They better enjoy the profits they made on this IPO as I doubt anyone will drop a deal this big in their laps again, not to mention the lawyers that are lined up to file suits over the FB IPO.

http://www.jdjournal.com/2012/05/30/lawyers-line-up-to-sue-facebook-over-ipo/

whats with the Apple and Facebook comparisons?

Correct me if im wrong but dont Apple actually make things to sell and make a whole pile of money ?

What dose facebook do?ermm.gif

Exactly.

And there's talk of a Facebook phone. Seriously? Nobody is going to buy a Facebook phone, except for maybe 14 year old girls. They should try to improve their smartphone app, it's bloody slow!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...