Facebook Ipo

If Facebook rolls out an IPO, how would one tell when its a good time to cash out? I reckon there's going to be a lot of speculation involved and artificial manipulation of the stock to increase the value for short profits.

So how would you tell when the speculators are starting to sell?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before getting your hopes up of becoming a new millionaire unless you are already 'in' like shown on the list in the below article. wink.png Maybe a long time before Joe public can even get any and then it will have hit the peaks already.

Reminder: The $5 Billion Facebook IPO won't make you rich.

I got connections wink.png

Well, if you've got connections, surely they would be able to answer your original question... not one of us. What do ya think?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What do you guys think? They don't really make a lot of profit. They really only have a couple revenue streams, advertising and patent holdings. I'm just a regular Joe, but I think this is kind of hyped up. At least Google has actual products that they sell and they invent cool things.

Are you guys gonna buy shares today?

I had a limit order in at the open, but due to the volume of retail orders the exchange froze for 30 minutes at the open. My orders never got executed and I cancelled it when it ran up to $45 and fell back...

Opened at $38, ran up to $45, and is now sitting back on $38.01 with 14 minutes left in the trading session.

Facebook Inc (FB) Faces $15 Billion Lawsuit on IPO Day

By Kenny Winnigan

May 18, 2012

Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) whose shares started trading today on Nasdaq is facing a lawsuit in which the plaintiffs are seeking more than $15 billion in damages over a perceived tracking of their web usage.

The complaint that was filed in a federal court in San Jose, CA was brought forward by a couple of Facebook users who said that the giant social networking firm, was tracking their activities even after they had logged out of the social networking site.

The cases, twenty one in all, have been consolidated in the court, and this latest filing is on behalf of Facebook users from the US who had joined Facebook from May 2010, to around September 2011.

Read more: http://www.valuewalk...uit-on-ipo-day/

Facebook shall open at 43 close at 39.5

Has anyone got the issue at 38 and how many shares from their broker at that price

I got none allocated by the broker. Bought some for USD 38.00 on Nasdaq, placed a limit order before the open, executed at 15:49 EDT, got the confirmation only about an hour later.

I can't figure out why in after-hours trading the price range is so wide, from 38.00 to 42.00, occasionally even higher.

post-21260-0-52285800-1337377574_thumb.g

I think it's a fad that will eventually fade away. Of course I also thought smart phones were a fad that would fade out. It appears that both Face Book and smart phones depend on each other.

Yes, I have a smart phone but mine is now stupid. I keep the data turned off unless there is something on the Internet I want to see. I check my email when I want and not when the phone wants. My data plan is five hours per month and this month I had 39 minutes left.

I did sign up on Face Book at the urging of my daughter and then tried to cancel my account. That was a couple of years ago and I still get spam from them. It appears that it is difficult if not impossible to cancel the account.

Email and phone calls suits me just fine. I don't use any of the social networking gadgets. I take no pleasure from being contacted by strangers. The few forums I belong to provide plenty of that type of activity.

if there was going to be any kind of short term pop that would have been yesterday.The stock valuation always looked barmy but many (incl me) felt it would be carried up on a wave of euphoria.

The technical position for the stock now looks perilous, esp with a whole chunk of new sellers off the leash from end August and the buying support looking fragile. FWIW i suspect the shares will break below 38 over the next couple of days and there will be chances to buy in the 20,s (for those who want to) during this year.

• Like 2

Mmmm, I missed Google because my broker said I already had tech in a fund. Aren't all the shares tied up to institutional investors?? How are you guys buying?

It is indeed a fad, but one thats taken hold and they now pretty much have a monopoly. They've gone past that saturation point it takes to win this race. Good for another 5 years before an equivalent fad comes along I'd say.

The next few days will be really interesting and I can't see those that paid $42 ever getting their

four dollars loss back based on the reaction of some Facebook users ( i.e. ordinary people out on the street )

who were stopped and asked if they would ever consider paying for use when everyone asked reacted by

saying " hell no - never " !

but now it is being revealed very slowly that this could be Facebook's big plan to raise revenue and

I just cannot see it working?ermm.gif

Failbook’s Epic Fail: Does Zuckerberg Want Users to Pay?

http://azizonomics.com/2012/05/19/failbooks-epic-fail-does-zuckerberg-want-users-to-pay/

The next few days will be really interesting and I can't see those that paid $42 ever getting their

four dollars loss back based on the reaction of some Facebook users ( i.e. ordinary people out on the street )

who were stopped and asked if they would ever consider paying for use when everyone asked reacted by

but now it is being revealed very slowly that this could be Facebook's big plan to raise revenue and

http://azizonomics.c...t-users-to-pay/

plus one on that !!!

http://azizonomics.c...t-users-to-pay/

plus one on that !!!

part of me keeps wondering if this group of new billionaires and millionaires

have been sitting around this weekend laughing to themselves at how

they legally and totally legitimately convinced so many people

to pay for nothing but hopium

• Like 1

http://azizonomics.com/2012/05/19/failbooks-epic-fail-does-zuckerberg-want-users-to-pay/

He's proposing a pe of 5-10 for fb? They made a billion dollars last year on revenues of 3.7 b dollars Sounds like a real smart guy. Sorry who is he again?

Mmmm, I missed Google because my broker said I already had tech in a fund. Aren't all the shares tied up to institutional investors?? How are you guys buying?

It is indeed a fad, but one thats taken hold and they now pretty much have a monopoly. They've gone past that saturation point it takes to win this race. Good for another 5 years before an equivalent fad comes along I'd say.

I understand that the institutional investors bought the shares for $38 on Thursday and then sold them at market on Friday. When the market price dropped to $38, the same institutional investors were buying everything up again at $38 to prevent the price from dropping below that level. Looks like they had to buy a lot in the post-market session.

I see that the FB shares are also traded in Germany and it will be interesting to see at what price they trade on Monday when he German markets open at 03:00 EDT, later on NASDAQ where the pre-market session opens at 07:00, the normal session at 09:00

Shares down sharply this morning currently trading around 33 bucks.

As usual whenever banksters are involved its fishy bah.gif

Price Decline Raises Stabilization Questions

As Facebook Inc. (FB) shares declined below their IPO price on its second day of trading Monday, its bankers' role in supporting the stock price is taking center stage.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120521-708805.html