Bad Decisions

khunphilip

After watching the chelsea - wigan game the offside goals the linesman mistakes these bad mistakes happen all to often. Andy Townsend once said why not use the fourth official instead of standing there and holding up the subs. number board he could be wacthing the game on the t.v monitor and when the ref. or linesman screw up contact them and sort it out in seconds. It would be interesting to find what the F.A. overpaid high ups thing of that

If you want an example of a bad decision then Lerners choice of McLeish as manager and astonishingly making him one of the highest paid in the league (3m a year!!) takes the biscuit. The master of negativity, the guru of taking clubs down to the championship, a true pox of a manager.

Joking apart, its only really Sepp that doesn't seem to understand the need for a change.

Norwich v Everton

The ref Marriner was a disgrace. Baines produced enough yellow-card input for three sendings off, but was not

That blatant handball by Jagielka was a stonewall penalty. And Marriner even deserved two yellow cards himself for his own blatant obstruction and for turning a blind eye to the Everton guy`s "scissor" obstruction. If this was cricket, there`d be a match-fixing investigation.

Take the buffoon off the Refs` List!! Has to be the most horrendous display of inept refereeing anywhere this Season.

Boss Paul Lambert, shows just why he is a class act, by not outwardly criticizing the ref.

“I asked him if he was going out in Norwich tonight,” said Lambert. “He said he was going for a Chinese."

If you want an example of a bad decision then Lerners choice of McLeish as manager and astonishingly making him one of the highest paid in the league (3m a year!!) takes the biscuit. The master of negativity, the guru of taking clubs down to the championship, a true pox of a manager.

Joking apart, its only really Sepp that doesn't seem to understand the need for a change.

FIFA will never sanction technology because they don't want it.Why?Because clubs,especially the big ones,don't want it.If FIFA were to introduce it,it will upset the nice,comfy little status quo they have with each other.The reasoning behind this is that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.When a player:

1) Dives.

2) Feigns an injury by rolling over five times.(you'd think that referees would have got to the bottom of that particular ruse by now!)

3) Pulls and tugs on an opposing player in the penalty area and then raises his arms and eyebrows in an expression of innocence.

Why is he doing it? He's doing it because he's been TOLD to by his club.It knows that,under the present system, the worst he can get for items 1) and 2) are a yellow card for simulation and item 3) nothing, because everybody else is doing it.

The advantages are enormous.He can get an opposing player sent off,a penalty decision and,more importantly,will lead to three points or progression to the next phase of a competition.These players don't do this off their own backs.Why should they? They run around for 90 minutes without all that extra curricula work,thankyou very much. No,they are coached,trained and taught the art of simulation at their respective clubs in order to gain an unfair advantage because the clubs know they have nothing to fear.Meanwhile,there is much wringing of hands,every decision is analysed and the most vulnerable in this cesspit of lies and greed are the referees and their assistants,who get hung drawn and quartered without a slither of help from their governing body.No changes will ever be made because.Barcelona are the top exponents of this 'art' and are the darlings of FIFA.

As a Man U supporter I was embarrassed at how easily Young went over against QPR. Hand on his shoulder or not, off side or not, he dived. But assessing these problems 'immediately', even with the latest technology would take time, plus be confusing and disruptive (especially for the fans) when the game is constantly stopped and brought back for an incident that ocoured even just several seconds before.

The problem could be solved easily if the powers that be really wanted to though.

Just about every professional match is videoed, most of them from countless different angles. If a panel of experts were to review the video of every match, specifically to look for things like simulation, shirt pulling, off the ball incidents, serious foul play, etc, etc. Then every time a player is caught make the punishment really harsh. For example ban the player for ten games for a first offence (fifteen for a second) plus deduct three points from his team if it's a league match or exit from a cup competition, regardless of the score, in cup games. They could also fine the player all his salary for the length of his ban.

Practically all offences would be detected so how many managers would let their players cheat if they new they would loose both the player (for a long time) plus league points for every offence? How many players would risk being out for over a quarter of the season and lose all that money? I know not every incident can be assessed 100% but how many managers would risk letting their players cheat in the hope that it can't be assessed properly?

Knowing they would (probably) get caught coupled with the severe punishments would, I think, mean players would stop cheating virtually overnight.

Referees and their assistants bad decisions could also be assessed at the same time.

Of course that would also mean there would be very little controversy for any of us to argue about thoughsad.png.

Totally agree about the Chelsea goal. It was given at a crucial moment and changed the game.

Earlier on, Man United got given another penalty for a 10/10 dive. Again, a key decision that changed the game and the way Villa were set up.

but "it all evens itself out over a season". of course it does mister ferguson.

As a Liverpool fan, I just hope Martin Atkinson won't be playing for Chelsea in the final...

he can't. nor can webb 'cos they reffed the semis. which means we'll probably get that other blurt lee mason.

Fattie Dowd more likely (actually he has slimmed down a bit this season)

Earlier on, Man United got given another penalty for a 10/10 dive. Again, a key decision that changed the game and the way Villa were set up.

What a silly comment. Did you actually watch the game?????

If Villa had changed the way they were playing I could understand what you are saying. But they didn't, From the first minute they defended in depth and hoped for a lucky breakaway goal (although at least they did have a shot in the first minute) and ninety minutes, and four goals, later they were still playing exactly the same way. Neither the penalty decision nor the four goals caused them to change from their original tactics one iota. United totally dominated the game from start to finish. If the penalty had caused Villa to change tactics and start attacking it was early enough for them to have am influence on the game, but they didn't. That an attacking (?) Villa managed just 39% of possession says it all.

Once again Young made the most of what contact there was though. Like I'd said in a previous post I wish the FA would set up a panel to look at the video of every game and severely punish every player (and their club) when they're caught cheating.

One problem at the moment is that a referee won't give a penalty unless the player 'goes to ground'. Years ago a foul was a foul, regardless of whether the fouled player stayed on his feet or not (and if it was inside the box it was a penalty) but these days, especially inside the box, if a player even tries to stay on his feet the ref won't give it. How many times have we all heard a commentator say 'that was a foul, if he'd gone down instead of staying on his feet he'd have got a penalty'. This only encourages players, such as Young yesterday, to 'go down easily' and CHEAT.

But the blame should be laid firmly at the feet of the people who (change the rules to ?) give the referee's their directives as well as cursing the players that cheat.

Yes I did watch the game. Take your red blinkers off and you may agree. Of course Villa set up for defending, they weren't set up for attacking. Most teams do when they go to OT. Nothing wrong with that. But the ref got conned and made a wrong key decision. End of.

Yes I did watch the game. Take your red blinkers off and you may agree. Of course Villa set up for defending, they weren't set up for attacking. Most teams do when they go to OT. Nothing wrong with that. But the ref got conned and made a wrong key decision. End of.

I think you should take off your bitter Bertie Magoo specs off and then you would of seen that Young was actually tripped.....the way he went down was dramatic but it was a penalty no doubt,end of.wink.png

• Like 1

But my point was it didn't change the way Villa were set up or change the way the game progressed after the penalty. Villa remained the same defensive team they were before the penalty. They continued to allow Man U loads of possession. I agree it 'should' have been a game changing moment and it should have meant Villa needed to change tactics and start chasing the game more to try to get back on level terms but they didn't do that did they. They carried on in the same defensive manner that they started the game.

So, as I said, the penalty decision DIDN'T change the way Villa were set up.

I think you should take off your bitter Bertie Magoo specs off and then you would of seen that Young was actually tripped.....the way he went down was dramatic but it was a penalty no doubt,end of.wink.png

Well I think your on your own again MrRed. He's a diving git who conned the ref and now they'll be on the look out for him. Don't be surprised if your on here next season moaning that he never got given a stonewall penalty.

Here you go MrRed. Just opened skysports and there is an article from Gordon Taylor on diving. Funny how he's calling for this the day after the United match, when the only Penalty on that day was given to your diving cheat. Or maybe it's just coincindence...eh !! Take your RAG giggs off.

Taylor wants diving crackdown

PFA chief calls for zero tolerance over cheating

Full story. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7677809/Taylor-wants-diving-crackdown

And here's another article on the diving cheat Young.

From skysports:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7676835/Young-branded-a-cheat-

Young branded a 'cheat'

Taylor blasts United winger, while Wenger calls for ban action

Ashley Young has been blasted for his latest theatrical tumble, with Newcastle's Ryan Taylor branding the Manchester United winger a 'cheat' and a 'disgrace'.

England international Youngspacer.gif has seen his actions scrutinised over recent weeks after winning two debatable penalties.

First, he went down under a Shaun Derry challenge to earn United an early spot-kick against Queens Park Rangers,spacer.gif before repeating the trick in Sunday's meeting with Aston Villa.spacer.gif

Replays suggest Villa defender Ciaran Clark made little contact with Young, but his desire to go to ground earned United the opportunity to take a seventh-minute lead.

Young's actions have been widely condemned, with Sir Alex Ferguson admitting his player has been going down too easily, and Magpies defender Taylor has led the calls for a clampdown on simulation.

"Ashley Young is an absolute disgrace," Taylor posted on Twitter.

"Ashley Young is an absolute disgrace. He's the biggest cheat in the league. His antics are a joke."

no he wasn't. the defender waved a leg, withdrew it, young threw himself. "contact" does not a foul make. there was no intent, no legitimate physical contact to foul, it was cheating pure and simple.

Here you go MrRed. Just opened skysports and there is an article from Gordon Taylor on diving. Funny how he's calling for this the day after the United match, when the only Penalty on that day was given to your diving cheat. Or maybe it's just coincindence...eh !! Take your RAG giggs off.

Taylor wants diving crackdown

PFA chief calls for zero tolerance over cheating

Full story. http://www1.skysport...iving-crackdown

And also you could post a link to Gary Neville's excellent analysis on sky sports about the subject, it was a penalty and yes it was a dive to, he made the most of it like most of the players in the game do.

Never any mention of the decisions that go against united always talk about the ones in our favour, but that would not fit Rawk and bluemoon agenda would it, maybe it is a conspiracy hey.55555