Opposition leader ready to disclose information on Thaksin’s alleged secret talks

Lite Beer

Opposition leader ready to disclose information on Thaksin’s alleged secret talks

image_2012040819342091F2A8C5-FDFF-A5EC-D640EBEE149DE896.jpg

BANGKOK, April 8 – The opposition is ready to disclose information on alleged talks between ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra and southern insurgent leaders, said Opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Sunday.

His remarks came after the government told the opposition to reveal information regarding its claims that ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra held talks with insurgent leaders.

The opposition side stated they are willing to reveal this information privately, as this is an important matter and the existing problem is related to several ongoing matters.

All parties concerned should be present to acknowledge the information, which he said does not only come from websites but also from confirmation of parties involved in the talks.

Regarding Pol Col Thawee Sodsong, secretary-general of the Southern Border Provinces Administration Centre meeting an entrepreneur of the Tom Yam Kung club, which operates restaurants in Malaysia, Mr Abhisit said they have met several times and the opposition has gathered information from many parties including Malaysian authorities.

Meanwhile, Anusorn Iamsa-ard, the acting government spokesman affirmed that Mr Thaksin is not involved in intervening in the government’s policies and called for the opposition leader to disclose their evidence and take legal action if he has pictures or video clips. He said the opposition should not accuse Mr Thaksin without evidence.

The spokesman said the government and the army have no policies to negotiate with insurgents.

Songkhla MP Thaworn Senneam on Thursday cited informed sources as saying that Mr Thaksin recently held talks with the Pattani United Liberation Organisation (PULO) in a neighbouring country.

The Democrat MPs asked the government to investigate the PULO website where Mr Thaksin was said to be pictured embracing its leader.

The pace of violence has picked up since militants first raided an army base in Narathiwat early 2004, reviving long-running tensions and triggering an insurgency along the Muslim-majority region bordering Malaysia. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-04-08

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if Thaksin or anyone else can get a group of muslims to stop bombing innocent people anywhere in the world that has to be a good thing, as long as it's for real of course and not just a sham like the war on drugs.

Edited by bigbamboo

The opposition side stated they are willing to reveal this information privately, as this is an important matter and the existing problem is related to several ongoing matters.

Oh, and there I was all excited thinking this was going to be like the "All New Information" he promised at his last pre Election Address at Racthaphrasong and,

well, it's exactly like that, we never did find out what the all new information was about.coffee1.gif

Any attempt to get Peace is a good thing. It should be the honour of any PM to have tried to solve this issue. Weaponry will not solve the problem, diplomacy and discussions are the only way to get an agreement.

Basic: to stop a war or a guerrilla, diplomats and discussions and evidently the first contacts are always 'secrete" as the military pressure has to be maintained in order to keep some pressure and attain a balanced agreement.

So Abhisit should stay quiet, it is a non event. But if on his side, he has done nothing during his time as PM, History will not be on his side...

T is incapable of doing anything that doesn't stink of keeping his name on the front pages of newspapers and/or getting richer. Both of which he's pretty good at. If he wants to try to lessen the problems in Thailand's south, he should work with Thai government. He should not negotiate independently.

One of the major reasons there's so much strife in the south is because of T's mishandling of protests there via his Army chiefs. Just as damaging, is the fact that neither T nor any of the culpable Army brass was ever disciplined for their grave mistakes - which led to unnecessary deaths of about 100 young Muslim men. T has a lot of Muslim blood on his hands.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Anusorn Iamsa-ard, the acting government spokesman affirmed that Mr Thaksin is not involved in intervening in the government’s policies and called for the opposition leader to disclose their evidence and take legal action if he has pictures or video clips. He said the opposition should not accuse Mr Thaksin without evidence.

Fugitive criminal k. Thaksin is the subject here, it does seem a wee bit strange to have a government spokesman making this type of statement. In my innocence I thought the current government led by the Pheu Thai "it's not about Thaksin" party ?

Anyway with defamation laws in Thailand as they are, I expect k. Noppadon representing k. Thaksin to file a defamation case against a few Democrats. With K. Thaksin too busy with his Songkhran holiday trips, we may expect more development early next week. wink.png

Edited by rubl

Any attempt to get Peace is a good thing. It should be the honour of any PM to have tried to solve this issue. Weaponry will not solve the problem, diplomacy and discussions are the only way to get an agreement.

Basic: to stop a war or a guerrilla, diplomats and discussions and evidently the first contacts are always 'secrete" as the military pressure has to be maintained in order to keep some pressure and attain a balanced agreement.

So Abhisit should stay quiet, it is a non event. But if on his side, he has done nothing during his time as PM, History will not be on his side...

It could also be said that withholding information concerning the security of the country would be deemed as treason...............

Even if the Dems provide proof of T negotiating independently with insurgents or whatever, PT will deny its veracity. In other words, PT party will diss or suppress anything that's not to their advantage, no matter how real it is.

Even if the Dems provide proof of T negotiating independently with insurgents or whatever, PT will deny its veracity. In other words, PT party will diss or suppress anything that's not to their advantage, no matter how real it is.

Or else they will follow Churchill's famous maxim........"'if you can't convince, confuse"

Fugitive criminal k. Thaksin is the subject here, it does seem a wee bit strange to have a government spokesman making this type of statement. In my innocence I thought the current government led by the Pheu Thai "it's not about Thaksin" party ?

Anyway with defamation laws in Thailand as they are, I expect k. Noppadon representing k. Thaksin to file a defamation case against a few Democrats. With K. Thaksin too busy with his Songkhran holiday trips, we may expect more development early next week. wink.png

Perhaps Abhisit has found those missing web pages rubl, you know, the ones with photo of Thaksin embracing the rebel leader or some such nonsense, the ones that were there but aren't now. Probably those folk in the "Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty the King's 80th Birthday Anniversary" building are responsible.

Surely if Thaksin or anyone else can get a group of muslims to stop bombing innocent people anywhere in the world that has to be a good thing, as long as it's for real of course and not just a sham like the war on drugs.

You can rest assured that anything that Thaksin has a hand in, he is involved ONLY to further his own agenda and not that of the country.

Well this turned into a real farce even the Thaksin lovers are trying to make him out as evil.

I read the article and it said nothing about Thaksin joining forces with the terrorists or giving them advice.

Could be he was seriously talking to them about a truce. People tend to forget that even tho he will go to jail if he comes back to Thailand he is still the PM and might be trying to help solve the problem.

That is if he met up with them.

I am defiantly not a fan of Thaksin's but I am willing to give him more credit than his loyal supporters.

If he did meet up with them I doubt it would have helped matters. I still say the problem will only resolve itself when the Muslims in the southern provinces say we have had enough.

They know who the people that are responsible are.

To be fair Khun Abhisit did negotiate with redshirt terrorists when he was PM so guess nothing wrong if the PM in Dubai negotaites with the southern ones ...

He even reached a agreement with them. Of course they backed out of it.

The Nation is going to put up and exclusive article about Thaksin's negotiation on their website at midnight, just in half an hour. In the meantime here's a link to a Malaysian site on the talks between Thaksin and separatists

http://www.kwongwah.com.my/news/2012/04/04/11.html

And Google translate of that article

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kwongwah.com.my%2Fnews%2F2012%2F04%2F04%2F11.html

I wonder how PTP will deny that one.

The Nation is going to put up and exclusive article about Thaksin's negotiation on their website at midnight, just in half an hour. In the meantime here's a link to a Malaysian site on the talks between Thaksin and separatists

http://www.kwongwah....2/04/04/11.html

http://translate.goo...%2F04%2F11.html

It was a fake Thaksin...

"Meanwhile, Anusorn Iamsa-ard, the acting government spokesman affirmed that Mr Thaksin is not involved in intervening in the government’s policies"

---

And here was silly me thinking Thaksin had just recently said he is about to 'reshuffle' the current goverment house!

-mel.

http://www.kwongwah....2/04/04/11.html

http://translate.goo...%2F04%2F11.html

Thank you for the link.

Were there is smoke there is fire.

Perhaps Abhisit has found those missing web pages rubl, you know, the ones with photo of Thaksin embracing the rebel leader or some such nonsense, the ones that were there but aren't now. Probably those folk in the "Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty the King's 80th Birthday Anniversary" building are responsible.

Now I'm really wondering about you, dear PPD. Do you mean these chaps:

"The National Human Rights Commission of Thailand

Office of the National Human Rights Commission of Thailand

The Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty the King's 80th Birthday

Anniversary 5th December, B.E. 2550 (2007)

120 Chaengwattana Road, Laksi,

Bangkok 10210"

or these:

"Constitutional Court of Thailand

ศาลรัฐธรรมนูญ

The Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty the King's 80th Birthday Anniversary, 5th December, BE 2550 (2007), Building A, No. 120, Mu 3, Thanon Chaeng Watthana, Khwaeng Thung Song Hong, Khet Laksi, Bangkok"

Edited by rubl

Was it truly only THREE days ago our Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm said

"Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm however denied the reports.

"Mr Thaksin was neither involved nor had he spoken (as reported) as he had no authority to do so. The sure thing is Thaksin was concerned about the situation," Mr Chalerm responded to the query on behalf of the prime minister who was observing Thai-Singaporean military drills in northeastern province of Sa Kaeo."

It is really only THREE days ago I posted:

"Talk about "Déjà vu"! It's hardly TWO weeks ago that we had the 'Thaksin detained in Italy' controversy. If things are proceeding in a similar fashion we can look forward to further statements of the Minister of Foreign Affairs k. Surapong saying he's not aware, Thaksin's legal adviser Noppadon Pattama saying the former PM was just enjoying his vacation and Dept. PM Gen. Yuthasak explained that there had been a misunderstanding.

In the mean time I'm perfectly willing to believe our dear PM if she were to say "I can deny the rumour, no one told me about it" smile.png

One thing I'm sure of though: this will not stop some of our fellow members to remind us that k. Thaksin's conviction was truly political, a corruption of justice and Abhisit really said "kill me some red shirts".

Well, I guess k. Noppadon will not file a defamation case after all cowboy.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

And do you really think Thaksin will go down in History as the greatest thing that happened to Thailand??? or the worst thing that Bu****ed

up Thailand???

Oh, and there I was all excited thinking this was going to be like the "All New Information" he promised at his last pre Election Address at Racthaphrasong and,

well, it's exactly like that, we never did find out what the all new information was about.coffee1.gif

This clown wants to be somebody really bad, but he's a nobody. Always has been, always will be. He didn't do anything while in office, so now he wants to keep the pot stirred up as much as possible. He can't accept being defeated.

You can rest assured that anything that Thaksin has a hand in, he is involved ONLY to further his own agenda and not that of the country.

Exactly. Thaksin only does things for himself and to further his immediate family's heaps of money and to keep his mug on the front pages of Thai newspapers. He doesn't have an altruistic bone in his body. Expecting T to do anything for the good of others (who are not in his power circle) is like expecting the hard rock group Megadeath to dance Swan Lake wearing tutus.

T is the greatest poser since Nixon, though Nixon had a slight sense of humor.

Edited by maidu