Myanmar Tourist Visa Online

sbk

The fee for Burma visa is not that expensive when compared to many other countries of the world.

Which other countries charge 133% fees for an online visa?

Calm down, strollling, It's not the government adding a surcharge, it's a private agency, who are free to charge whatever they like.

Has anyone tried this one?

http://myanmarvisaon.../procedure.html

$30-35 plus $20 visa fee.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing it this way:

Dear Mr. ,

Thanks for your mail and attached of your data.Now we can start your visa application and we will send the approval letters to you when we receive from the Myanmar visa authorities. You can enter Yangon with that approval letters and also we will inform your Yangon incoming airline about your Myanmar visa so that the airline will let you board your flight to Yangon on your arrival day.

One of our airport meet and greet staff will welcome you at Yangon Airport on your arrival day and you can pay US $ 75 per person to that staff who will give you a valid signed receipt.

ENTERING VISA ON ARRIVAL SECTION ARRIVAL LOUNGE

Once you climb down from the escalator into the arrival lounge you will see “ Visa On Arrival Section “ sign board firstly, check in there please and you will have your filled “ entry visa forms “ with your scan photos pasted by us. You sign on these and please give back to the counter. You don’t need to “ settle a dime “ as we will have already settled the entry visa fee to the counter. You then proceed to the “ arrival lounge “ where you will meet our staff holding a placard your name on it. This staff will clear you out attending to your Immigration & Customs formalities and you can pay US $ 75 per person to that staff who will give you a valid signed receipt. Then will transfer you to outside of the arrival lounge. Our service will end here.

CANCELLATION FEE

For no show the cancellation fee will be US$ 45 / person.

PAYMENT AND CURRENCY CONDITION

We only accept cash on arrival Yangon and kindly bring new US $ notes with no torn edges or corners, no stain - black mark - discolouration and the serial number of US $ 100 note should not start with "CB" heading ( CBxxxxx - - - ). This is what our local money changers demand and also what we must abide. Request your kind understanding. Also for your information --- everything is cash basic and NO USE of Credit / ATM / VISA / Master cards here in Myanmar.

Should you need any clarification / information – you are welcome and we are at your service !.

With My Best Regards

Their website is: www.myanmarvisaonline.com

Edited by saengsureeya

Bit off Topic.......

Do you need a Myanmar Visa to fly in and fly back the same day, not leave the airport just activate the next 90 days ?

I think.......or I'm pretty sure you need a Myanmar visa for that.

You NEED a entry-stamp and exit-stamp from the Myanmar Immigration and since you pass Immigration you need a visa.

Thai Immigration will check this, especially if you just fly forth and back in one day.

It's the same as a border-run to Cambodia........you need a visa for Cambodia for that.

Bit off Topic.......

Do you need a Myanmar Visa to fly in and fly back the same day, not leave the airport just activate the next 90 days ?

You NEED a entry-stamp and exit-stamp from the Myanmar Immigration and since you pass Immigration you need a visa.

Thai Immigration will check this, especially if you just fly forth and back in one day.

It's the same as a border-run to Cambodia........you need a visa for Cambodia for that.

Thanks........... You do not need a Myanmar Visa crossing the Land boarder into Myanmar, you get your passport stamped just a small round stamp in and out, picture taken and 500 baht cash.. Just no idea if you fly in and out same day, you needed one.

I spoke to a Burmese Embassy staffer in Bangkok the other day regarding the government online visa service....He was rather coy, but after a brief discussion I got the impression that it has been put on hold for a while for reasons of revenue. ie they are stalling it because the current system is such a good earner of cash at the embassy, and the online visa service will certainly reduce the amount of people paying in person.....

...if that makes sense

I spoke to a Burmese Embassy staffer in Bangkok the other day regarding the government online visa service....He was rather coy, but after a brief discussion I got the impression that it has been put on hold for a while for reasons of revenue. ie they are stalling it because the current system is such a good earner of cash at the embassy, and the online visa service will certainly reduce the amount of people paying in person.....

...if that makes sense

Makes sense. I don‘t know about the Myanmar embassy, but it is not unheard of that embassies or consulates have to cover their cost through visa fees.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

This is an email I received today from the web portal provider for the govt's online visa - Myanmar Ease Net

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry. Our system is now ready to launch and we

are now waiting for the green light from government. We will announce

our official launch date together with visa fee once we got

confirmation from the government. Now this duration is our testing

period. So we down the site and we show the login page in the site.

Best regards,

Myanmar Ease Net

Bit off Topic.......

Thanks........... You do not need a Myanmar Visa crossing the Land boarder into Myanmar, you get your passport stamped just a small round stamp in and out, picture taken and 500 baht cash.. Just no idea if you fly in and out same day, you needed one.

Actually, Thai immigration does not generally check passports for stamps from other countries when entering by air. Not sure why not, but this could be because each country has different entry requirements and many countries don't stamp passports at all, so it would be too tedious for officials to check all this as it would hold up all the other passengers waiting in line.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

• 4 weeks later...

I owe you a report on my findings with the VISA ON ARRIVAL procedures.

Got my letter and list from the Myanmar authorities through an agency: www.myanmarvisaonline.com

Procedures prior to my trip very clear and efficient.

Until my arrival in Yangon: no penny paid.

Armed with the letters, list, passport and 2 photo's I headed for Myanmar Immigration after leaving the flyer.

The VOA booth did have my paperwork ready waiting for me; I didn't need my paperwork and photo's on hand.

Within 10 minutes I could join the "regular" travelers in the short ques for immigration.

After passing immigration, there was the guy from the agency; I paid him USD 75 and he didn't leave before he was sure that I was safe and sound in a taxi. (one of his mates probably, but hey!)

If this service is consistent and they keep up this good work an absolute worthwhile experience.

USD$ 75 is quite a lot to pay for this service.

saengsureeya - Out of interest where were you travelling from - ie what country were you in when you applied for this VOA?

Doesn't matter where you are traveling from. What matters is that your are eligible for a VOA.

I applied from Thailand and USD 75 is the total cost including the VOA which is regularly USD 50.

It saved me 2 trips to Bangkok and approx. 7 days without a passport.

There are more agencies offering this service and the fee is varying between USD 75 and USD 120

Doesn't matter where you are traveling from. What matters is that your are eligible for a VOA.

I applied from Thailand and USD 75 is the total cost including the VOA which is regularly USD 50.

It saved me 2 trips to Bangkok and approx. 7 days without a passport.

There are more agencies offering this service and the fee is varying between USD 75 and USD 120

Well it does matter where you are travelling from, which is why I asked - however you have now answered it for me, many thanks for replying.

The fact that you are in Thailand, yet the VOA service saves you 2 trips to Bangkok - tells me you are far from Bangkok and that you are paying for a convenience. Obviously you are only going to apply for a VOA if you are from an eligible country.

My question was related not to nationality, but to where you were located that made it necessary or convenient to need a VOA service.

Note for others who may be reading the thread - you can obtain a visa for Myanmar on the same day from the embassy in Bangkok (lodged in the morning, pay 1240 baht tourist visa express, collect in the afternoon). Otherwise the longest it takes is 3 days (lodge morning of day 1, collect afternoon day 3, cost 810 baht tourist visa). Business visas take the same time (ie quickest turnaround same day, longest 3 days) just different costs.

So if you have 3 days in Bangkok, you can get a 30 day tourist visa for less than $27.

If you are not in Bangkok - then $75 certainly saves an extra trip and a nights accommodation if you were heading back somewhere else instead of straight through to Myanmar.

Personally, given the popularity of Myanmar now leading to larger queues at the Bangkok embassy - it will be good when the direct government VOA service is finally up and running. So much fanfare for its re-launch several months ago, pity it never eventuated....