Myanmar Tourist Visa Online

sbk

bummer, went through to Apply Online and it says its still testing and will be in operation soon. Hope so, that would be great.

thanks sbk

I am sending an email to [email protected] to ask how long before the testing is over...

Good idea. I hope they will reply (and that you let us know what they said.) :)

• Like 1

bummer, went through to Apply Online and it says its still testing and will be in operation soon. Hope so, that would be great.

thanks sbk

I am sending an email to [email protected] to ask how long before the testing is over...

Good idea. I hope they will reply (and that you let us know what they said.) smile.png

Received this reply already !

Thank you for your inquiry. Our online visa system is now under pilot

testing and cannot be fully functioning until end of April 2012. We

will announce the date of our official launch and all the online application

can only be processed after the official launch. Therefore, we regret to

inform you that we cannot process your application until our official launch.

Kindly get your visa from one of the nearest Myanmar Embassy if

your travel schedule is before our official launch.

We look forward to providing our service to you in the near future.

Best regards,

Myanmar Ease Net

• Like 1

thanks sbk

Good idea. I hope they will reply (and that you let us know what they said.) smile.png

Received this reply already !

Thank you for your inquiry. Our online visa system is now under pilot

testing and cannot be fully functioning until end of April 2012. We

will announce the date of our official launch and all the online application

can only be processed after the official launch. Therefore, we regret to

inform you that we cannot process your application until our official launch.

Kindly get your visa from one of the nearest Myanmar Embassy if

your travel schedule is before our official launch.

We look forward to providing our service to you in the near future.

Best regards,

Myanmar Ease Net

Thank you for posting the reply here! If it really starts at the end of April, that's really fast.

Impressive they emailed back so quickly too

Actually I sent a quick e-mail back to thank them for their efficient and fast response

and say I wasn't personally planning to go there until August and they sent this further reply

Dear Sir

By the time you are travelling to Myanmar in coming August, our system will be fully functioning and ready to serve you. Please do apply via our website. You can apply maximum 35 days in advance before your arrival date in Myanmar.

Edited by midas

No fees listed on that one.

And why are they outsourcing visas to businesses that charge $40 dollars in fees? (Remembering that the fees for a Cambodian E-Visa is $5).

The Travel Agents are willing to do this service to be able to solicit other business like ticketing and hotel booking. But it is up to the travelers to decide. Some travelers away from Myanmar Embassy can get this Pre-arranged visa on arrival at the comfort of their office or homes. Charges are only 70$ of which 30$ goes to the government. 40 bucks is not all into the Agent's pocket. They had to recreate all documents with copies for 3 different government ministries at Naypyidaw the new capital 300 km away. Send all physical documents with courier and pay the return postage as well. And on top of that they have to take responsibility of each and every travelers under their name. If one goes astray and make minor problems ("minor" to to travelers) it can become a big deal which end up in suspension of their license or closing shop all together. See 1. http://scholarshipsforburma.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/magado-travels-bureaucrats/

2. Kirk's Twitter http://twitiq.com/kacevedo01

My suggestion is to communicate with the agent to find out if they are professional at their business.

Edited by sonnyamo

Clever of the government.

Outsource it to sca... 'businesses' who then need to 'buy' more government 'documents' who then forward the cost, which is 130% of the actual visa onto the tourist. Add some PR and nice words so we feel pity for all the difficult work they're doing for us and hey presto, Online Visas for Myanmar.

Of course why the government doesn't manage it themselves is a worthy question, though those of us living in SEA for years will understand why. :)

• Like 1

Outsource it to sca... 'businesses' who then need to 'buy' more government 'documents' who then forward the cost, which is 130% of the actual visa onto the tourist. Add some PR and nice words so we feel pity for all the difficult work they're doing for us and hey presto, Online Visas for Myanmar.

Of course why the government doesn't manage it themselves is a worthy question, though those of us living in SEA for years will understand why. smile.png

If you don't want to use the e-visa option, you don't have to.

And using agencies for visa applications is a common B2G concept, I understand Australia does that in Thailand too.

Of course why the government doesn't manage it themselves is a worthy question, though those of us living in SEA for years will understand why. smile.png

And using agencies for visa applications is a common B2G concept, I understand Australia does that in Thailand too.

Ooer, get you. More than a bit defensive... Wonder why?

Well done to the Cambodian government for running an E-visa system free of scams with with a simple $5 processing fee.

It seems the Burmese government and some posters on here don't feel quite so moral. :(

This site offers them for US$70. $40 of which are fees.

http://www.myanmarvisa.com/

rolleyes.gif

Is there going to be one official government one, or are the scamsters going to be paying them so they can set up a few over-charging dodgy ones?

This sounds like more of a pessimistic statement than an actual question.

This sounds like more of a pessimistic statement than an answer to a valid question asked.

Well done to the Cambodian government for running an E-visa system free of scams with with a simple $5 processing fee.

It seems the Burmese government and some posters on here don't feel quite so moral. sad.png

You must not travel much. The fee for Burma visa is not that expensive when compared to many other countries of the world. Yes, many are cheaper, but also, many are more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the Burmese government and some posters on here don't feel quite so moral. sad.png

Why do you think this is defensive? Myanmar and Cambodia are examples of governments giving a choice to the visa applicant. If you think the online fees are too expensive, don't pay them. Stand in line for a couple of hours and then come back another day to pick up your passport, as I did last time when applying for my Myanmar visa. No sir, I'd rather pay the fee and do it online.

I guess it's about what the service is worth it to each individual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't use the e-visa on-line service. More expensive and fraught with danger. I was charged $25 twice on my credit card and after 2 months I am still fighting to get a refund. The Cambodian office is giving me the run around saying that a refund has been approved etc, etc, etc. I will have to now approach the credit card company. Not worth it!