Purchase On The Ebay

AzarovDmitriy

Hi everyone.

I just would like to know your experience in getting your purchase which you ordered on the EBay.

I live in Pattaya. And my son often asks for me to buy something on the EBay. I am not sure in that a purchase will be delivered to me. From my experience, once I had left my driving license in my home country, I asked my parents to mail one, I got an envelop which was opened by someone before but my driving license was there inside.

At that time I could not understand who opened my envelop. And now I am afraid that I will get nothing. Please, tell me about your experience. Thanks in advance.

Everything I've ordered has arrived just fine, but we're in Pathum Thani.

Use EMS or an equivalent signed-for service (not FedEx, DHL etc).

You'll occasionally get a demand for duty / VAT but it's never ridiculous unless you've used FedEx, DHL etc.

Everything I've ordered has arrived just fine, but we're in Pathum Thani.

Use EMS or an equivalent signed-for service (not FedEx, DHL etc).

You'll occasionally get a demand for duty / VAT but it's never ridiculous unless you've used FedEx, DHL etc.

I stay in Bangkok: Don't use EMS here.

Post delivers....50 % chance of no duty

FedEx, UPS, DHL: duty

EMS: a letter to go that clearing place and that costs you half a day. If you send a Thai person they tell a complete inflated duty or pay half under the table. And that half is still more than you would pay everything correct.

If you pay with Paypal and it doesnt arrive your covered so whats the problem. just get the money back.

Never ever had any issues though, as said above Couriers like Fed Ex will hit you hard for duty.

Signed for service is best but if all fails just get the money back via Paypal.

• 4 months later...

I am trying to get an account with EBay but they send me to the Singapore site which will NOT accept my debit card and I am stopped at that point.

When I want to go to the contact us, either online or by email it sends me back to the Singapore website which locks me up again.

Is there any way I can contact EBay WITHOUT going through a locked up site in Singapore?

When I get back to that page it won't let me go anywhere else.

I spent 1 1/2 hours last night and another hour this morning getting nowhere.

I am trying to get an account with EBay but they send me to the Singapore site which will NOT accept my debit card and I am stopped at that point.

When I want to go to the contact us, either online or by email it sends me back to the Singapore website which locks me up again.

Is there any way I can contact EBay WITHOUT going through a locked up site in Singapore?

Can you use a Debit Card on eBay?

I would think you must have either a Credit Card (or a Charge Card) because a Debit Card must have an available balance in order for a Seller to receive payment or eBay to collect fees, Chargebacks etc. and there is no way anyone can confirm that you have a balance available - a Credit Card can be charged and then you will receive a Bill from them.

Patrick

I would think you must have either a Credit Card (or a Charge Card) because a Debit Card must have an available balance in order for a Seller to receive payment or eBay to collect fees, Chargebacks etc. and there is no way anyone can confirm that you have a balance available - a Credit Card can be charged and then you will receive a Bill from them.

Patrick

I have my debit card linked to my personal single name account and I keep a couple of hundred baht in it.

PayPal are happy with that and eventually after 2 hours pissing about I got through to EBay Singapore on their live help line and found the reason it was refused is because they assume everybody

is a seller. After I explained that I ONLY want to buy it was approved (EBay assume you are a seller and a buyer) and I managed to link my EBay account and PayPal account together. At least I think I have because the PayPal bit came up in Thai and I clicked what I think was the right box.

Now when I want to buy something on EBay I go to PayPal and get a currency exchange rate from baht to whatever and bung a few extra baht in as well. Hopefully that will work.

I have found using a Thai Name helps to avoid some issues. Farlang name is a invite to screw you.

Bull.

Crap.

I've bought & sold literally hundreds of things on eBay. Never been screwed. I'm not sure if you think eBay or the P.O. would screw you, but it's never happened to me. 100% delivery by Thai Post Office (Banglamung/Pattaya) whether EMS, Registered or regular airmail. And that applies to things sent from Amazon, LandsEnd, bookstores, friends, etc.

Only one thing sent from China went missing and that was replaced.The original item showed up much later.

Edited by Suradit69

I had a similar problem at first because my credit cards had a US billing address but I wanted to have purchases sent to me in Thailand and my sales had to show that things would be sent from Thailand.

If you go to the Singapore eBay website and click on the customer service button, upper right, and wade through the various options under "contact us" you should eventually find a way to send them an email. They sorted the problem for me and it's never been an issue since.

The people in Singapore seem far more helpful than eBay staff in the US or Hong Kong (who tend to deny a problem exists and then follow up only in Chinese).

i received electronics equipment worth over 300 USD purchased on ebay and shipped from china yesterday.

took 3 days after order to arrive.

I have also purchased a 900 camera and that was a non event as well.

years back i used to have vinyl shipped weekly.

I've ordered a lot of vintage football shirts on ebay. I used to use regular airmail and the packages would all arrive OK, then all over a sudden about 90% started going missing...I'm guessing some guy at the post office figured out what the packages were and started nicking them.

After that I switched to always using/asking for registered/signed-off mail, those seem to always arrive (maybe the postman is afraid to mess with those ones?)

i received electronics equipment worth over 300 USD purchased on ebay and shipped from china yesterday.

took 3 days after order to arrive.

I have also purchased a 900 camera and that was a non event as well.

years back i used to have vinyl shipped weekly.

When you say "non event", do you mean your packages were not intercepted by customs and you didn't have to pay duty or VAT?

Patrick

I have my debit card linked to my personal single name account and I keep a couple of hundred baht in it.

PayPal are happy with that and eventually after 2 hours pissing about I got through to EBay Singapore on their live help line and found the reason it was refused is because they assume everybody

is a seller. After I explained that I ONLY want to buy it was approved (EBay assume you are a seller and a buyer) and I managed to link my EBay account and PayPal account together. At least I think I have because the PayPal bit came up in Thai and I clicked what I think was the right box.

Now when I want to buy something on EBay I go to PayPal and get a currency exchange rate from baht to whatever and bung a few extra baht in as well. Hopefully that will work.

My Ebay account is Australian. I have both Aus and Thai paypal accounts linked to it.

Order stuff from eBay frequently and have them shipped to pattaya. Never had a problem nor have I had any duty added on an eBay purchase.

Everything I have received is sent via normal air mail. FedEx and dhl and you are almost guaranteed to pay extra duty fees.

If you do have a problem with using a debit card (which you should be able to use without any problems) you can if you have a kasikorn bank account you can get a virtual credit card or also if you have a kasikorn bank account you can setup your debit card for online shopping.

When I fanally managed to get all the bits together in a row I selected what I wanted, tapped use PayPal, the order was confirmed and I had an SMS from the bank saying my account tied to the debit card had been debited in less than 2 minutes and I was still online to EBay.

After that both EBay and PayPal sent me an email confirming the transaction.

It is coming from the USA and should be here in 7 to 11 working days by post and when it does I will come back and report.

Order stuff from eBay frequently and have them shipped to pattaya. Never had a problem nor have I had any duty added on an eBay purchase.

Everything I have received is sent via normal air mail. FedEx and dhl and you are almost guaranteed to pay extra duty fees.

It's funny, I hear that from others in Pattaya as well. I order from Ebay 2-3 times per month and only about half of it gets delivered, unless it's tracked, then there is no problems. Financially it's a non-issue as Ebay cover it - in fact I always just contact the seller and they make a refund to avoid hassle with Ebay - but as delivery to Thailand is an average of 3 weeks it's a hassle having to reorder and wait another 3 week, sometimes several times before the goods are delivered.

It's funny, I hear that from others in Pattaya as well. I order from Ebay 2-3 times per month and only about half of it gets delivered, unless it's tracked, then there is no problems. Financially it's a non-issue as Ebay cover it - in fact I always just contact the seller and they make a refund to avoid hassle with Ebay - but as delivery to Thailand is an average of 3 weeks it's a hassle having to reorder and wait another 3 week, sometimes several times before the goods are delivered.

Interesting to hear a different experience to my own. It would be a total PITA if you had to go to the hassle of having the stuff reshipped and the added delay. Could this be a problem with your specific carrier? Maybe you got flagged by your delivery guy as the guy with good stuff and he knocks off some of the parcels. Fact is if you are not getting shipped package then someone knocked it off. Not really sure what the answer for that is.

When I fanally managed to get all the bits together in a row I selected what I wanted, tapped use PayPal, the order was confirmed and I had an SMS from the bank saying my account tied to the debit card had been debited in less than 2 minutes and I was still online to EBay.

After that both EBay and PayPal sent me an email confirming the transaction.

It is coming from the USA and should be here in 7 to 11 working days by post and when it does I will come back and report.

It was posted on August 23rd by USPS priority mail and was waiting on my desk at home this morning, 01 September, when I got back from the village just before 11 am.

I am impressed at the speed of delivery and as the value was declared at USD $44.99 and no duty payable.

Edited by billd766

When the parcel is damage on post way in the past eBay don't cover it!

I got many problems with PayPal when item areived faulty espasaly you sale something!

For many cheaters!that bought same item in faulty condition, then buy from you a working one contact PayPal after 2 or 3 weeks from buyers protection your account is in minus over one month, then the buyer send you a faulty item back with another serial number, keep your working item of same modell type on eBay , and think can also consult PayPal buyers protection!

I am on eBay since nearly 10 years and over 1000 auktion, and got many bad experience !

Mostly a cheating buyer got your money back,also when you told PayPal that serial number is not same. You send!

Buyer has double profit, keep your working item, send faulty item back to you, and resale working item again profit 200 procent!

Important notice never receive any money on PayPal , when your account is in minus, your money will be gone!

PayPal lies to there customers telling them have there own insurance, In real the take the money from you when you sale something and got a cheater at the other end!

Not everything sunshine in the system..!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

And the best joke of all is sale something in USA or Canada , money is pending 3 weeks until you got positive feedback!

When the buyer give no feedback on time I wait 1,5 month for my money after I called the support in Singapore the money was coming!

Maybe I could imagine when the buyer give negative feedback, you never got your money!

Since that bad experience I stop sales in USA and Canada!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app