Ex-Thai PM Thaksin To Address Rally In Cambodia

webfact

Link to Photo of Reds Shirts in Cambodia:

http://www.google.co...b9b.8a1&index=0

A Thaksin Shinawatra supporter.

AFP

It is quite interesting that the red shirts use the foot clappers to show support for Thaksin at their rallies. As we all know, in Thai culture the head is the most sacred part of the body and the feet are the lowest and filthiest. One should never show the soles of the feet to anyone or use the feet to point to anything.

In the attached thumbnail Thaksin's photo is on the sole of the foot. I wonder why that is?

No attached thumbnail so couldn't possibly tell you.

Ok maybe now you can tell me? If you can't maybe GK can. I have always wondered this. Not spamming, I'm serious.

post-46292-0-63871000-1334448470_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimay11

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the attached thumbnail Thaksin's photo is on the sole of the foot. I wonder why that is?

They are crab claws.

ok if they are crab claws I stand corrected.

But I would still like the answer to the following by one of the red supporters on TV. It is quite interesting that the red shirts use the foot clappers to show support for Thaksin at their rallies. As we all know, in Thai culture the head is the most sacred part of the body and the feet are the lowest and filthiest. One should never show the soles of the feet to anyone or use the feet to point to anything. Why do the reds use foot clappers.

so let me get this right, The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship is going to hold a rally in a country where democracy doesnt exist and dictatorship rules supreme to worship a fugitive former prime minister who resigned his position in a fit of pique and they don't feel a bit hypocritical?

do you have an alternative country to suggest?

Somehow I don't think that's relevant to the points in the post from moruya.

so let me get this right, The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship is going to hold a rally in a country where democracy doesnt exist and dictatorship rules supreme to worship a fugitive former prime minister who resigned his position in a fit of pique and they don't feel a bit hypocritical?

Somehow I don't think that's relevant to the points in the post from moruya.

They are unable to defend Thaksin against the fact that the Red Shirts' prime idol is a close eternal friend of a cruel despot, so they instead try to change the topic or come up with jokes.

Thailand - Pattani Yala or Naratiwat could use the tourist dollar right now

Thailand - Pattani Yala or Naratiwat could use the tourist dollar right now

Why do the reds use foot clappers.

Didn't the yellow shirts use yellow hand clappers when they stormed the airport ? Would seem a semi-logical try of ridicule. And apart from using red heads or some other attached body parts, you'll run out of limbs very quick.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

There is another member that is unique to the male that might be more appropriate to those who feel the urge to use such things. At the risk of offence I shall refer to them as diminished Richards