Early Pattaya Photos

gohok

I'm surprised... I would have thought there would be some Samlors on the Sois.

post-52310-0-01719800-1333979133_thumb.j

They were popular all over Thailand during the Vietnam War to move American servicemen around towns.

Edited by BB1950

Looks to me like it's around where the SCB head office is now. Look at the building 2-3 houses further down, it look like the one on the corner of Beach Road and Pattaya Tai - where there incidentally is a jewelry store now.

Correct. The jewelry store stands on the corner where Dolf Riks Indonesian Rijstaffel restaurant was for years and years. That's the place with the red and white striped bits in the picture. The picture was probably taken from outside Chris's Rolling Stone Bar.

I first came to Pattaya in 1973 and visited many times from my base in Bangkok over the next 10 years or so. I remember it very vividly, especially the bars that used to be on the beach itself.

Does anyone recall that beachside club where Lam Morrison used to play in the late 70's?

Among others, I remember bringing the Scorpions and the Michael Schenker rock groups down there for R&R after they had performed in Bangkok. Some of them jammed with Lam and werer quite impressed with his musicianship.

I wish I had been keen on photography in those days as the pics would be fascinating to look at now. Unfortunately, wine women and song were my main occupations....

If anyone else has any pics of Pattaya in the early days, please try to post them here. Maybe we can get a little collection together.

Mobi

Great pics, I think the one with the monk looking over Pattaya beach is the most telling. Very interesting.

OMG! You can see my house!

Ok crudy, what's your issue with my old Cortina then?

I have no issue with your Cortina dude, infact my very first car was a Cortina. A bit newer than that one but nevertheless a Cortina lol. I progressed to a Sierra soon after hehe.

photos 1985 baby a gogo (now super baby)

have a lot of photos in gogo's 85-till late 80'

they didnt mind you taking them then

only hassel was draging the camera around but glad we did

cant post a lot of them (topless,bottomless)

post-74207-0-07917100-1334670043_thumb.j

post-74207-0-61357200-1334670073_thumb.j

post-74207-0-04695000-1334670104_thumb.j

post-74207-0-95673100-1334670303_thumb.j

post-74207-0-36651000-1334669489_thumb.jpost-74207-0-36651000-1334669489_thumb.jlam played at the saloon bar walking street for many years,entrance was just near the big tree.

as far as i know the room they used to play in has been empty ever since.

Ron Amero had the bar then and actually bought Lam his first guitar. Rest in peace Ron, "A tiger never dies"

The one with the Cortina is one I can't imagine where was taken? Obviously near the water somewhere, but where?

This picture was either debated on another picture thread here or on another forum but my guess is opposite the fish market in Naklua, looking north where the main road narrows, goes over a bridge and then a sharp right turn up to Sukhumvit beside the Banglamung Amphurs office?