Don'T Bother With Pattaya Nissan

rmicheald

I went to Pattaya Nissan with quotes from two other dealers. I showed them the quotes and asked if they would match them. They didn't even act at all interested. I guess they have so much business that they don't have to deal. Well there are other dealers OUTSIDE OF PATTAYA who will give you a good deal, so please vote with your feet and go to other dealers...

Edited by rmicheald
  • Like 1

--For some reason, customer service doesn't exist in many businesses in Thailand. From the West, we take this for granted assuming it is common sense but it isn't a built-in instinct for a sales person in many countries. They have to be trained (and a commission helps). Sometimes I treat myself and eat at a 5 star hotel restaurant or at HARD ROCK CAFE --not that the food is that much better than a locally owned place but because I want good customer service with no frustrations.

Care to enlighten us all what was the good deal OUTSIDE OF PATTAYA that you obtained that the Pattaya dealer was not interested in matching, Or should we blindly vote with our feet on your good hearsay word.

• Like 1

Care to enlighten us all what was the good deal OUTSIDE OF PATTAYA that you obtained that the Pattaya dealer was not interested in matching, Or should we blindly vote with our feet on your good hearsay word.

Agree...will we make-up in a better deal what we spend on the extra gas for all the trips out of town to find and then negotiate and then pick-up this great deal (sounds like 3-4 return trips to me to either the Rayong or Chonburi City areas)?

Most car dealers are pretty much just order takers and offer pretty much the same deals. I assume it's mostly because there are way more buyers than product for sale for most makes/models at the moment (as has been the case for some time) so why would a dealer/seller work very hard or discount to make a sale? Just basic economics...no need to make dispersions on Thailand or Thai business culture; it would be the same in any country under similar conditions.

We bought a Honda 2 years ago. We went to every dealer between Rayong and Chonburi. No discounts on price, only extras were negotiated. And all gave the same stuff if you pushed them a bit. Order takers. I think it's worse now that they don't have much stock. So why discount? Supply and demand.

Maybe try Bangkok? I have a friend who bought the same car in Bangkok and got a bit of a discount. But it wasn't enough for me to justify the hassles (travel, BKK red tags, etc.)

I had two quotes from dealers outside of pattaya giving me every extra available except the Navigation system.

Special offer ... We hope this offer make you smile

1. Exhaust finisher 9. Key ring

2. Mirrored Lamps 10. Roadside assistant 24 h.

3. Door Visor 11. Licence Plate

4. Floor Mats

5. Cargo Liner

6. Upper Glove Box

7. LED Kick Plate

8. Wax + anti rush

The Pattaya Dealer offered #8 - #10 and #11

One of them quoted a package price for the Nav system:

*** DVD+NAVI 7inch system + Rear cam + TV 3/5/7/9 ***

*** Bluetooth + USB + MP3 + Touchscreen + i-pod/i-phone ***

Special Price = 28,000 Bath/package

The Pattaya Dealer wanted almost 20K more for the same package and wouldn't budge.

They obviously don't need the business. With TWO other dealers giving identical quotes (except for the nav package) it leads me to believe you can get a MUCH better deal elsewhere.

I had two quotes from dealers outside of pattaya giving me every extra available except the Navigation system.

Special offer ... We hope this offer make you smile

1. Exhaust finisher 9. Key ring

2. Mirrored Lamps 10. Roadside assistant 24 h.

3. Door Visor 11. Licence Plate

4. Floor Mats

5. Cargo Liner

6. Upper Glove Box

7. LED Kick Plate

8. Wax + anti rush

The Pattaya Dealer offered #8 - #10 and #11

One of them quoted a package price for the Nav system:

*** DVD+NAVI 7inch system + Rear cam + TV 3/5/7/9 ***

*** Bluetooth + USB + MP3 + Touchscreen + i-pod/i-phone ***

Special Price = 28,000 Bath/package

The Pattaya Dealer wanted almost 20K more for the same package and wouldn't budge.

They obviously don't need the business. With TWO other dealers giving identical quotes (except for the nav package) it leads me to believe you can get a MUCH better deal elsewhere.

Most of this stuff is just standard manufacturer's package you can get from any dealer for any truck if you are a good negotiator. I see you are not getting useful things like tinted windows but inexpensive useless cosmetic stuff like a finished exaust and a key ring...but I guess the little things in life make you happy.

• 6 months later...

i had the same problem with honda when i wanted to buy a new jazz only extra offered was tinted windows so i went to ford and bought a fiesta and got a load of extras including insurance, also yrs ago went ti izuzu and they didnt seem to want my bussiness so same again took my trade to toyota who were really keen to take my money.

When I was in Surin and buying a Pajero sport the people at the Mitsu dealership didnt seem interested at all. I read on a thread somewhere that they can offer 75,000 in incentives to get you to make the deal. I asked for a camera for reversing and the windows to be blacked out with the best film, free insurance for a year and a few other bits and bobs. I knew I could get it as I was told by someone who had just got one themselves from another city.

Anyway they offered the camera, cheapest film for the window, insurance and nothing else and wouldnt budge. The film for the windows was 5,000 extra and I said thats all I want forget anything else, just the camera, insurance and the best film for the windows. He said ok but we are going to add a service charge of 5,000 onto the bill. I said shove it, 5000 baht just cost you 1.375m. They phoned back the next day, I said to the wife, ahh they have given in, but no they said someone is here for the car do you want it or not, again I said shove it.

Phoned the dealship in Korat, didnt need to ask for anything, they OFFERED me what I wanted + more extras. Cost was about 2500 baht for the taxi was well worth the trip and their customer service was excellent.

I visited Nissan Pattaya and found them to be a complete waste of time, though pleasant enough.

I got a much better reception from Nissan Laem Chabang. They had vehicles in stock and were prepared to have them test-driven, and appeared very keen to negotiate and make a sale. In the end I bought a different brand for other reasons, but I'm sure than Laem Chabang would have done a good deal.