A 300 Bahts Burger In The Sticks

surayu

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7/11 Burgers......

Two all rubber patties, bitter sweet sauce on a sesame seed sponge. errhhgggg not really a gourmet burgher laugh.png

The trick is in squeezing in as much free lettuce/tomatoes/onion and cucumbers, then dress it up, very generously, with a free sauce of your choice (i always go for the moustard), and as soon as you have finished your tasty vegetarian meal, just throw away the rest......

Can't really complain for a 20-30 Bahts investment

laugh.png

Maybe the 42" TV put people off.

Is there really a necessity to have TV's in this quality of restaurant ?

Was the shape of your companion relevant to this story ?

We wouldn't have known she was a ladyboy, otherwise.

Though still, possibly not relevant.

SC

Pity actually, because it is nearly impossible to find a hamburger, other than KFC abominations, in the whole Jungwat.

...have you ever heard of a place called 7/11 ? laugh.png

Yes, they don't sell hamburgers, only a mess that looks similar in their photos. spamsign.gif

7/11 Burgers......

Two all rubber patties, bitter sweet sauce on a sesame seed sponge. errhhgggg not really a gourmet burgher laugh.png

I like the Burger Steak Gai at 7-11. You get a nice piece of real chicken meat instead of those pieces of rubber their normal 'burgers' use. It's actually pretty good

Yes, I understand you maybe surprised at the cost of building a great burger, but the closest decent burger shop is 2hrs away at best, same with pizza. Yes, the cheese is a killer, same with decent steak, often bake my own bread rolls if Tops is out of stock, by the time is it loaded up with goodies like real bacon and stuff, it quickly adds up , but my goodness it is so worth it.

I don't need much western food, but I can't handle the crap that is served up around here and called pasta, pizza, burgers, steak.

A good nachos is also very expensive by the time you get Hass avo's for the guacamole and again ....... cheese, cheese bloody cheese... but so worth it !!!!

Best tip, buy an oven and encourage your misses to play with it with a cooking book. A good pork roast with roast pumpkin and spuds can be done so cheap here though, you win some and loose some.

Powerbuy has a gas over for 9000b I saw 2 weeks ago.

I like the Burger Steak Gai at 7-11. You get a nice piece of real chicken meat instead of those pieces of rubber their normal 'burgers' use. It's actually pretty good

i eat those but its a paltry substitute for a proper chicken steak burger you would get in a real western restaurant

i eat those but its a paltry substitute for a proper chicken steak burger you would get in a real western restaurant

unfortunately those are in the size of nuggets

Well, it isn't as good as a chicken burger at a real restaurant, that is definitely true. But it is pretty good and at least it's a nice piece of real meat, and it's only 37 baht and 7-11 is everywhere. I'll get 2 and I'm set. Usually will put a bit of blue cheese on it as well, really nice

The new packaged chicken burgers they have near the hotdogs and bologna at 7-11 aren't any good though, the piece of meat is so tiny.

Edited by DP25

now i have to apologize for the above post. just made a trip to 7/11 and had only seen the new chicken steak burger. of course i bought it =) i thought you were referring to the cp ones in the shelves along with salapao. got the new burger over the counter, actually not that bad, alittle small but its bigger and much more reasonable than the cp nugget size burger

Edited by barefoot1988

now i have to apologize for the above post. just made a trip to 7/11 and had only seen the new chicken steak burger. of course i bought it =) i thought you were referring to the cp ones in the shelves along with salapao. got the new burger over the counter, actually not that bad, alittle small but its bigger and much more reasonable than the cp nugget size burger

Yeah, you want the chicken steak burger behind the counter. Way better.

First time I bought one those chicken steak burgers on the shelves, I thought they made mistake. I couldn't believe they gave me so little chicken, literally the size of a single chicken nugget. So I immediately bought another one...and it was just as small. It tasted alright, they just need to give you 3 or 4 more nuggets so you can fill up the bun.

I've had several such experiences with nicely shaped "friends", and have come to the conclusion that such establishments pay a commission to the person that brings the sucker in the door.

It's a good thing that you specified "whom" had this unfortunate experience, usually selecting "nicely shaped friends" outside of the "establishments" helps, in fact, the choose of the term "friend" was not casual....biggrin.png

Buy one get one free?

In Thailand that would translate as "buy one and buy the one advertised as free too" !

Have a look at the price tags next time you do your shopping, have a calculator handy, and you will see that it's a case of fake advertisement, i mean, blatantly cheating customers...what? cheating in Thailand? nooooo, never partytime2.gif

you want the chicken steak burger behind the counter.

I did try them all (only the ones "behind the counter"), and those "surrogates" are okay if you want a quick hot meal, but just good enough to be considered edibles...(IMHO)

I've had several such experiences with nicely shaped "friends", and have come to the conclusion that such establishments pay a commission to the person that brings the sucker in the door.

It's a good thing that you specified "whom" had this unfortunate experience, usually selecting "nicely shaped friends" outside of the "establishments" helps, in fact, the choose of the term "friend" was not casual....biggrin.png

Sorry, no idea what you're trying to say here. It was me and I did meet her outside, several days beforehand actually, not really "unfortunate", just chalked it up to experience, and of course "friend" in this case = "Thai girl who goes with farang for money but everyone pretends it's not prostitution".

I'm also genuinely curious what these gems may mean:

> a truly cheese deal there....

> the day i saw a muffin being travestite as a "mini Panettone"

Sorry, I'm not usually grammar police-ish like this, but it's such a lovely pair of malapropisms. . .

• Like 2

That's ok, i will further elaborates....

"cheese" should have been "cheesy"

and

"the muffin being travestite as a mini panettone" was referred to a cake currently being sold at the Tesco's bakeries, where you can find a muffin wrapped up with a particular kind of paper used for a Christmas cake called "Panettone", and if you look closer at it you will see that they actually printed up the words "panettone" on it too.

To make a comparison, let's say one day you find a marshmallow on the shelf, wrapped up with the "rock candy" package and words, or a Lao-Khao with the label of a Jack Daniel..... hope it is clear now laugh.png

That's ok, i will further elaborates....

"cheese" should have been "cheesy"

and

"the muffin being travestite as a mini panettone" was referred to a cake currently being sold at the Tesco's bakeries, where you can find a muffin wrapped up with a particular kind of paper used for a Christmas cake called "Panettone", and if you look closer at it you will see that they actually printed up the words "panettone" on it too.

To make a comparison, let's say one day you find a marshmallow on the shelf, wrapped up with the "rock candy" package and words, or a Lao-Khao with the label of a Jack Daniel..... hope it is clear now laugh.png

yeah, I write posts when I'm drunk too.

I saw 300 baht Hamburgers in Kanchanaburi too, the place was about half full, mostly Thais... explain? We had a Thai meal outside for about 300 for two.

Some people are easily convinced that something is of higher quality just because it costs more. In some cases they don't have enough experience with the product category to actually know whether its any good or not, and in others they wouldn't want to admit they've been ripped off so everybody pats each other on the back about what great value it is and how they're all having such a great high-status time together consuming.

Both syndrome are ripe for the plucking here in the LOS. But of course not limited to here.

• Like 1

Pity actually, because it is nearly impossible to find a hamburger, other than KFC abominations, in the whole Jungwat.

...have you ever heard of a place called 7/11 ? laugh.png

Yes, they don't sell hamburgers, only a mess that looks similar in their photos. spamsign.gif

7/11 Burgers......

But sheer ambrosia compared to those Esso Tiger Mart abominations that are sat next to the till ( though really that should have set off the alarm bells). Requires 2 sachets of that dreadful Rosa tomato sauce to allow it them to slide down my gullet.

As an aside. Rosa tomato sauce. In a country where Heinz is readily available in sachets it's a crime to even consider using it. Tastes like what wino's jizz sucked through a sweaty sock would be like ( I would imagine he added hastily).

• 3 weeks later...

As of yesterday, my willpower almost succumbed to the idea of a properly well made beef burger, i was just to stop and go inside to ask for it, then i remembered that the place doesn't have a wi-fi connection, so i went to town instead.

I wonder if Mr Fuu will give it a try....laugh.png

a 300 thb burger ................

today i fancied a bit of real food so decided id have a farang style sandwich

(i bought al ingredients in the big C )

i bought a small loaf of brown wheat bread -99 thb (called village loaf topped with oats )

3 slices of barbequed ham (from the thai -german meat co ) 55thb per slice =165 thb

small block of mature cheddar cheese -199 thb

some butter and lettuce - around 100 thb i think

563 thb from thailands cheapest supermarket to get stuff to make a proper sandwich

and worth every thb ............intheclub.gif

• Like 1

today i fancied a bit of real food

Wana, that "bit" of food sounds as it's going to be enough to feed a whole family for at least a couple of days biggrin.png

well,its all gone already ..... whistling.gif

delicious though,i must say

my compliments to the chef ....