Gout Treatment In Chiang Mai

Mekong Bob

Yes, over the counter at any drugstore.

Note that this reduces uric acid in the blood, and is therefore a longer term mitigation, along with some dietary change. (The local wisdom is to avoid chicken specifically ('anything with wings on it').. Which is strange as I don't read that anywhere else.)

For acute gout, you're looking for colchicine and some anti-inflammatory medication.

And Sang Som. smile.png

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I also am a sufferer.

Although I do not use allopurinol - I have a neighbour, with extreme gout, who does and he finds it highly effective.

Although there is some controversy on the subject I take bicarbonate of soda (baking powder) dissolved in water morning and evening. For me, if I have the discipline to remember, it keeps the gout at bay. For those times that I forget and it rears it's ugly head again I use Voltaren Gel and tablets to counter the symtoms. Latter day I have moved on from the Voltaren tablets to an equally effective and cheaper brand -Subsyde CR.

Which ever medicine that you may use wish you well. No one who does not suffer can comprehend the pain.

Edited by Gladiator

Yes, over the counter at any drugstore.

Note that this reduces uric acid in the blood, and is therefore a longer term mitigation, along with some dietary change. (The local wisdom is to avoid chicken specifically ('anything with wings on it').. Which is strange as I don't read that anywhere else.)

For acute gout, you're looking for colchicine and some anti-inflammatory medication.

And Sang Som. smile.png

Yes my Doctor had also warned me of eating to munch chicken. I have known for years tat the skin was not really good for you. I was told it had a very minor chemical in it that was not good for humans.

I was told that long before my doctor told me chicken was not good fr my uric acid level.

If you look at the list of food that has the potential to cause high uric acid there isn't much left. I have an ocassional attack and use colchichine when I have an attack lots of water as well will benefit you as well. saw a naturalpath in the states a few years ago and hes theory was too much sugar was the problem and not protien. Getting back on my thyroid medication also helped me to reduce the number of attacks.The whole process starts in the liver as you donot produce an enzyme that breaks down purins in food causing elevated levels of uric acid.