Small Number Plate

murray122

FYI the one on my bike is about 61/2 x 61/2, How much smaller do you want?

Don't know but if you fit non standard or modify one you will be paying 500 baht every now and again.wink.png

What would happen in the US if you display a non standard plate?

Edited by VocalNeal

There are some scooter shops in the small alleys off of Soi Nathong (Ratchada) that trim plates, then put a backing on them to make them stronger. Really cheap - just wander about the Soi Nathong area and you're bound to find one of the shops that can do this for you.

There are some scooter shops in the small alleys off of Soi Nathong (Ratchada) that trim plates, then put a backing on them to make them stronger. Really cheap - just wander about the Soi Nathong area and you're bound to find one of the shops that can do this for you.

Great, thanks. I'll have a wander around.

Most motorbike shops can do it for you. Also, the Harley shop in Pattaya will make any plate you want, any size, any number, any color. They make novelty plates. I asked and he said he could take my large plate and make a small plate with my plate number, like the old design, where there is a red stripe in the middle and the province name is abbreviated. Cost 500 baht and a few days. He said that the new plate wouldn't be legal, but would pass most inspection points. It would not have the hologram like the original, but I have never had anyone look that closely.

Interesting. I just looked, mine doesn't have an embossed stamp in the right hand bottom corner.

It looks like this

Motorcycle_License_plate_of_Thailand.JPG

Ah OK I see mine is in the centre left of the red stripe.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

I have a small plate on my bike with the province abbreviated. Been pulled once so far at On Nut, 200b tea money took care of it.

I can live with 200 baht once in a while to look cool wink.png

Most motorbike shops can do it for you. Also, the Harley shop in Pattaya will make any plate you want, any size, any number, any color. They make novelty plates. I asked and he said he could take my large plate and make a small plate with my plate number, like the old design, where there is a red stripe in the middle and the province name is abbreviated. Cost 500 baht and a few days. He said that the new plate wouldn't be legal, but would pass most inspection points. It would not have the hologram like the original, but I have never had anyone look that closely.

Where abouts is the Harley shop in Pattaya? The big place at Prattamnak? I don't live in Pattaya but it's much closer to me than Bkk.

I have a small plate on my bike with the province abbreviated. Been pulled once so far at On Nut, 200b tea money took care of it.

I can live with 200 baht once in a while to look cool wink.png

Where abouts is the Harley shop in Pattaya? The big place at Prattamnak? I don't live in Pattaya but it's much closer to me than Bkk.

Someone here can probably direct you better than me. I only visit Pattaya when I have to, and only been to this shop once. It is on Thepparasit (spelling) Road in South Pattaya, between Pattaya and Jomtien. Left hand side if you are coming from Sukhumvit. The owner/mechanic speaks english.

I think this is it

GPS 12.916183,100.866802

Hot Rod

Updated Aug 24, 2010

Custom Bike Builder and Harley Dealer.

352/12 M12 Pratamnak 3

Patamnak Road, Pattaya City Thailand

66(0)86326-4546

Mon-Sat 0900-1800

http://www.hotrodpattaya.com