Where Has The Rain Gone

petercallen

I had to lower the pump in the well today.

Must be the difference in location. Up in them, thar, hills in Rawai the water level in our well is one meter from the lid which is 50 cm above ground. Any doubters PM me for address. You can check.

We irrigate and water all plants daily, tomorrow same level.

You are lucky you have a underground stream on your property

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to lower the pump in the well today.

Must be the difference in location. Up in them, thar, hills in Rawai the water level in our well is one meter from the lid which is 50 cm above ground. Any doubters PM me for address. You can check.

We irrigate and water all plants daily, tomorrow same level.

You are lucky you have a underground stream on your property

Not a matter of luck, rather a though investigation of the lay of the land before my wife purchased

Not that it matters much at the moment, except we're also high and dry. 75 mm in the last 24 hrs. Even beach volley ball was cancelled today. Looks like more on the way.

its amazing how plants respond to rain vs. watering from well water. well water keeps them alive but the rain just makes them want to party.

There is a reason for that. There is nitrogen in rainwater that isn't present in groundwater. http://www.newton.de...99/env99429.htm

This was interesting. I tough that the rain water is clean from the impurities, but now know that the N20 (and other gases) can dissolve to it. Both answers were good.

Never mind Glastonbury or the isle of wight festivals for mud, Patong today is rivers of mud everywhere, Nai na road it's running of the mountain, the drains are over flowing, the back jungcylon road was closed, rat u tit was flooded and the beach road at the far end flooded, so any worse rain and you couldn't get from one side of patong to the other, it looked as though every drain on every road was blocked, when are they going to learn especially when building all that loose earth and disturbed land has to go somewhere when it rains, who's accountable, who's responsible ????

Finally the continuous rain paused!

My outdoor temperature meter displays 23.1C. I can not remember noticing this low temperature here in Phuket. Need more warm clothes!

What is the all time low you have experienced or in general?

Just cheked: The lowest recorded temperature in Phuket has been 17.4C. Lowest on July 21C

http://www.weatherreports.com/Phuket,_Thailand?units=c

http://www.meteorologyclimate.com/extreme-temperature-records.htm

Edited by Guest

Finally the continuous rain paused!

My outdoor temperature meter displays 23.1C. I can not remember noticing this low temperature here in Phuket. Need more warm clothes!

What is the all time low you have experienced or in general?

Just cheked: The lowest recorded temperature in Phuket has been 17.4C. Lowest on July 21C

http://www.weatherre...hailand?units=c

http://www.meteorolo...ure-records.htm

My thermometer say it's 25.8ºC outside here in my part of Rawai. The humidity has been about 91% all day though. Very pleasant really...

I just opened the first link you posted. It says it's 26º. Although I usually set my aircon at 27º, so I may have to turn off some fans and I do have many of the windows closed.

Edited by Jimi007

I guess the few degree difference feels quite a lot. I use fans on my home, not aircons and therefore when ever the temperature drops below 24-25C I feel cold.

Shot: I understand your kids.. currently the unheated water on shower is freezing :)

It's quite amazing how the body adapts to the ambient temperatures. As an young man, we went to winter camping while it was -10 to -20C outside (not by own choice). It was not pleasant, but doable. Now.. even +15C would probably feel the same.

I guess the few degree difference feels quite a lot. I use fans on my home, not aircons and therefore when ever the temperature drops below 24-25C I feel cold.

Shot: I understand your kids.. currently the unheated water on shower is freezing smile.png

It's quite amazing how the body adapts to the ambient temperatures. As an young man, we went to winter camping while it was -10 to -20C outside (not by own choice). It was not pleasant, but doable. Now.. even +15C would probably feel the same.

I totally agree with your last sentence. I was back at my home in coastal California for three months (March 15 through June 18) and I was freezing most of the time, although it wasn't really cold. I see tourists over here dripping wet, when I'm comfortable. One does acclimate to where they chose to live, one would hope. It seems as though you and I have.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Edited by Jimi007

• 1 month later...

In July we had 5 days when it rained i mean decent showers and the average is 20 days

9 of August now and no rain this month average 20 rainy days again

We are using more tap water than we did in January or February which is the driest time of the year in Phuket

Driest i can remember it being in the 6 years i have lived here, must be a drought

i was thinking the same, really dry for this time of year. when it rains, it pours, so to speak, then nothing.

my well is looking good so i'm not worried but i'd sure like to see a change in the weather but nothing on windguru

how's the rest of the country?

just looked, seems like plenty of rain up north

http://www.tmd.go.th/programs/uploads/cdms/Daily/DailyObserved7AM-en.pdf

maybe work its way down soon i hope

Edited by stevehaigh

It rained Monday around 1 pm for all of five minutes, as I was driving over Patong hill. Just enough to make the road treachorously slippery and the car dirty again (after I had just finished washing it). dry.png

It rained Monday around 1 pm for all of five minutes, as I was driving over Patong hill. Just enough to make the road treachorously slippery and the car dirty again (after I had just finished washing it). dry.png

Happens with me as well rains after i wash the car, maybe we should all wash our vehicles to bring on the rain