Flexible Pvc Pipe?

Dirk_brijs

Do you mean the Orange one with the ten year warranty on it ? I used it for my new house. It's about 130 Baht a Meter and I bought it in Baan Chang in Pattaya. (Across from Home Works / Big C, South Pattaya)

Does the OP mean or refer to the Black PE hose/pipe that comes in rolls? This is also used for plumbing or irrigation.

That's what I'm thinking also. My house and yard has a combination of regular PVC pipe and the black PE hose. They seemed to use the black PE hose where there was a probably of more movement of the pipe/hose or to more easily route it through "no so straight places."

I started an irrigation project using 20mm black hose sold in coils. Is that what you're talking about? Switched to the hard blue PVC as I was suspicious the black hose was getting squashed under ground. All the parts for the black are pretty common at big hardware stores and little irrigation shops.

Edited by ubonrthai

No go, in my opinion, unless it's for a hot tub, aquarium, irrigation... non-potable water app.

if it's not accepted by known Western Standard building/plumbing codes, I wouldn't use it. As for flex-pvc, it leaves a bad plastic smell & taste in the water, may burst under repeated pressure pump activation in a most inopportune, concealed location and time, when you're not home... which will trigger your pump to run continuously... and flood your house... and burn out your pump... and there are reports that termites eat the stuff!

Hard pipe PVC and glue is quick & easy.

• 1 month later...

to give you guys a better idea looking for something like this

http://www.underwate...bing-p-677.html

its especially used as an aquarium and pond designing and plumbing tool.

Perhaps if you stated your precise application someone might be able to suggest an alternative solution.

thought I stated in my OP that I was looking for 1 1/2 and 2" flexible PVC to be used in the aquarium trade.

In your opening post you made no mention whatsoever about your proposed use.

"looking for 1 1/2" and or 2" flexible PVC piping?

Not plastic hose material but flexible PVC piping?

its readily available in the US but never saw it here? anyway knows?"

And in the above post you only state that it's "especially used" as an aquarium and pond designing and plumbing tool not specifically that you want it for that purpose.

Anyway, I would print a large clear picture of the product, find a local aquarium shop or supplier (loads all over Thailand) and show them the picture. If they don't have it they will most likely know where you will find it.

• 3 weeks later...

What the OP is looking for in my opinion is LDPE pipe which is available at the local garden irrigation centers at inflated prices,Home Pro have a limited stock and Global house Rayong or Chonburi have a parking lot full available in all sizes at the best prices,It has a rating of 4.2 Bar I thought.

The OP is not looking for LDPE pipe. Nor alternatives, creative as they may be. If you check out the flexible pvc pipe in the link provided by the OP one will see precisely what he is searching for.

thank you

am still looking around as I havent found anything yet?

Cant imagine it not being available in Thailand anywhere????

pvcloop1.jpg

And in the above post you only state that it's "especially used" as an aquarium and pond designing and plumbing tool not specifically that you want it for that purpose.

Anyway, I would print a large clear picture of the product, find a local aquarium shop or supplier (loads all over Thailand) and show them the picture. If they don't have it they will most likely know where you will find it.

Did you try doing as I suggested?

99% sure I have seen this exact pipe at Hardware House in Pintong, tis about 19km out on the highway headings toward BKK (is on the right hand side so you will need to take the exit at the petrol station and go down the side road to the lights and do a u turn under the highway).

99% sure I have seen this exact pipe at Hardware House in Pintong, tis about 19km out on the highway headings toward BKK (is on the right hand side so you will need to take the exit at the petrol station and go down the side road to the lights and do a u turn under the highway).

Spoon, went over to the hardware store. Nice shop

though was not what I am looking for as those are used as a conduit for electronics and not for water.

Bought alot of other stuff though haha

thanks anyway

I take it, from the lack of response, that's a no then.

Edited by prophet01

Spoon, went over to the hardware store. Nice shop

though was not what I am looking for as those are used as a conduit for electronics and not for water.

Bought alot of other stuff though haha

thanks anyway

Shame they did not have what you wanted, I was sure they did but obviously I was not looking for exactly that.

Good to hear it was not a wasted trip anyways as I too usually go there to buy something specific and walk away with a heap of stuff I was not looking to purchase !!!

I take it, from the lack of response, that's a no then.

did allready

went to 3 pool shops and non even know what I am talking about

one shop had a pump available with pieces of flexPVC used so I pointed it out to them but had no idea where to find it

I'm confused.

When I asked you to state the precise application you only stated the general trade it was to be used in.

"looking for 1 1/2 and 2" flexible PVC to be used in the aquarium trade."

So why did you go to 3 pool shops and not 3 aquarium shops?

Also can you be more precise about the ribbed (flexible) pipe's application. Exactly how is it to be used and for what purpose.