Warning Chiang Mai

Rosco911

How many families do you see there or friendly people out for a stroll. It is the red light district plain and simple and most Thai people (like myself and my wife) will not go to an area like that. We want it shut down with the prostitutes, drugs and crime but tourists and expats keep it running.

If you naively think it's only foreigners who keep it running and all Thais are as pure as driven snow you've obviously never been to Santitham!

• Like 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many families do you see there or friendly people out for a stroll. It is the red light district plain and simple and most Thai people (like myself and my wife) will not go to an area like that. We want it shut down with the prostitutes, drugs and crime but tourists and expats keep it running.

If you naively think it's only foreigners who keep it running and all Thais are as pure as driven snow you've obviously never been to Santitham!

+1 and Santitham was once gloriously bathed in seediness........a real inexpensive adventure for a farang many years ago.

My first 'residence' in Chiang Mai was in Santitham and I loved every minute of it......for three years. Took me a while to get used to all the Thai girls coming home at 4am, but it was a great experience.w00t.gif

I don't mind the San Ti Tum area, in fact I had a good time at Aka coffee in the area yesterday. Plenty of pretty girls in the area the only thing that spoil my moment was the mother in law sitting across from me.

+1 and Santitham was once gloriously bathed in seediness........a real inexpensive adventure for a farang many years ago.

My first 'residence' in Chiang Mai was in Santitham and I loved every minute of it......for three years. Took me a while to get used to all the Thai girls coming home at 4am, but it was a great experience.w00t.gif

Either you haven't every been there, or you need to work on your understanding of roads in Chiang Mai. Some really posh hotels are on Loi Kroh, including Le Meridien, and many tourist hotels too like the Raming and the Centara Duangtawan and others. That's what made your statement so silly.

And if there were any drugs worth mentioning the police would be raiding it. Also I would know, it seems I spend significantly more time there than you do.

what did they want - wallet or car or both ?

how would these kind of people react if you handed over your wallet.

Better than sustaining serious injuries if that what they were after

or is this wrong ?

Edited by Asiantravel

Unprovoked random attack may be just to prove that they are bad

what did they want - wallet or car or both ?

how would these kind of people react if you handed over your wallet.

Better than sustaining serious injuries if that what they were after

or is this wrong ?