When In The Morning Does The Drenching Start In Ko Tao?

Hi all,

I'm in Ko Tao for the next few days. I'd like to offer dana to the monks at Wat Ko Tao tomorrow, which is at 7.30am (am Buddhist).

I'll endure the drenching on the way back from the Wat after proceedings have finished, but I'm having fresh food made up for them at 7am in Mae Haad and worried the food will be soaked through and ruined by the time I've made it up to the Wat.

I'll take the quieter roads and the longer way around to get there, but wondered if people knew what time the water fights start so I can factor in/avoid accordingly? Hopefully all the fratpackers are asleep that early in the morning, apart from those who have got off the night boat.

Thanks!

I just got squirted on Samui too... thought it was a big bird dropping a "bomb" at first ....

But isn't everyone always wet on KT anyway? biggrin.png

I suspect SBK is correct that like KP it's a bit slower to start... dry.png people will be sleeping off late night parties! unsure.png

Edited by samuijimmy

My gf came home just now soaked through with icy cold water; we're in Lamai, so it's started already here too.

it always starts 1 day earlier in lamai, and finishes 1 day later

Excellent. Glad I'm housebound!

Bone dry on the way there. Lots of people out but nobody watering others.

It was worth attending at the temple, for me. Some gentle sprinkling of water there, then some good natured soaking on the way back.

No ice/dyes/powders/buckets/cannons/overenthusiastic throwers. Mainly little kids and a farang who threw some water from a bottle he'd just bought at the minimart - that was more than welcome since I knew it was clean!

So it was much more gentle than I anticipated. Still, the novelty has worn off and there's still the issue of what the hell is in the water and where it comes from, so it's up to the ivory tower for the rest of the day to watch proceedings from above. At least I've experienced it now. I'll cool down with showers for the rest of the day.