What'S Your Opinion?

mrclough

Absolutely it does......it even brings up pizzas and burgers when you're searching for toe nail cutting, massage with a happy ending and picking your nose in public !

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun UpTheos,

Well, it has been two years since Aggarwal's definitive analysis of over 549 paraphilias, "Forensic And Medico-legal Aspects of Sexual Crimes And Unusual Sexual Practices,"so there are obviously many ecological-etymological niches yet to be filled, as so-called "computer culture" spreads like the brain-rotting virus it is.

"Googaphilia," and "Googalasalaciousness" seem second-rate to me.

I rather like taking the future tense of the Latin verb for search: "scrutabor," and, perhaps, joining it to "phernalia:" what do you think of "scrutabophernalia" ?

The scenario you raise of in-public simultaneous happy-ending massage, toe-nail trim, and nose-picking is truly fascinating, but omits I think the all important factor ... assuming you order pizza delivered ... of what toppings to order.

My searches of Google come up with only this vaguely related post suggesting what toppings to use when eating that which is removed from the nose: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090411140403AAwuaIK

I hope this helpful !

best, ~o:37;

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely it does......it even brings up pizzas and burgers when you're searching for toe nail cutting, massage with a happy ending and picking your nose in public !

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun UpTheos,

Well, it has been two years since Aggarwal's definitive analysis of over 549 paraphilias, "Forensic And Medico-legal Aspects of Sexual Crimes And Unusual Sexual Practices,"so there are obviously many ecological-etymological niches yet to be filled, as so-called "computer culture" spreads like the brain-rotting virus it is.

"Googaphilia," and "Googalasalaciousness" seem second-rate to me.

I rather like taking the future tense of the Latin verb for search: "scrutabor," and, perhaps, joining it to "phernalia:" what do you think of "scrutabophernalia" ?

The scenario you raise of in-public simultaneous happy-ending massage, toe-nail trim, and nose-picking is truly fascinating, but omits I think the all important factor ... assuming you order pizza delivered ... of what toppings to order.

My searches of Google come up with only this vaguely related post suggesting what toppings to use when eating that which is removed from the nose: http://answers.yahoo...11140403AAwuaIK

I hope this helpful !

best, ~o:37;

I think leaving my tongue in cheek ending..."Yes, I make some strange searches"biggrin.png was a bit naughty, but nevertheless an interesting post as usual. wink.png

• Like 1

One of the ways in which TV forum rises above the banal is when the wealth of information possessed by members is brought to bear on the subject of where to find Egyptian cotton or whatever - certainly 'best Burger in town' threads are a matter of opinion, but by collating those opinions, you get an idea of the best places to go. This forum has helped me find a number of things from an electrician to the best Dim Sum in town!!

It wouldn't be to hard to have a sub forum for each city that is member mentioned to answer all the questions that come up over and over and over again?

Plus the unusual questions of course, though it would be important in that sub forum to stay on topic. And to keep relevant topics all in the same post. This would be more work for the mods, as it only works if regularly mentioned. One large forum reported that the new member pages resulted in the majority of linked through website visits for the entire forum, so that may be a benefit.

It wouldn't be to hard to have a sub forum for each city that is member mentioned to answer all the questions that come up over and over and over again?

I can't imagine any more complex waste of the energy of the technical staff, and moderators, of ThaiVisa, to implement such fine "granularity" of topic-differentiation by geo-location.

Actually, speaking as a once-upon-a-time computer programmer, there is a way to do this (using a TreeView interface) which is not that difficult once an initial cost-of-implementation is amortized, but estimating that cost would require a detailed analysis of the current server-side programming structure, and underlying database, used by TV by an expert professional in such (and that would not be the writer of this post).

though it would be important in that sub forum to stay on topic.

In the context of all on-line forums, "on topic" is an oxymoron, equivalent, perhaps, to "one nation under god." Of course the latter quote is actually a compound of two oxymorons, and this paragraph itself, is an oxymoron, or a "molecular form" of oxymoron, based on a (stable ?) structure of other oxymorons, for those with neurons to recursively grok.

"And to keep relevant topics all in the same post. This would be more work for the mods, as it only works if regularly mentioned.

I am glad to see idealism, based on off-loading huge amounts of work on other people is not dead :)

One large forum reported that the new member pages resulted in the majority of linked through website visits for the entire forum, so that may be a benefit.

And, what would that forum be named ? And, what method was used to determine the result you describe ?

Let's take your last quote as a basis for a re-structuring of this forum: we divide it into three metaphysically distinct levels:

1. larval : new members based on some minimum number of original posts which are not closed within 24 hours, and not removed (and minimum number of response to said posts that include "likes" of the original post ?). "Larval" members can read, but not comment on, posts on the other two levels ? "Larval members" cannot report material to Mods ? Limited to one original post per day ?

2. pupal: graduates of "larval" who can comment on any other pupal level posts, and can read, but not comment on, posts by either larval or imago posts, can report posts to Mods, etc. Maximum of ?original posts, and ? comments, per day ?

3. imago: full privileges

With such a hierarchical system in place, it would also be appropriate, imho, to change the title of "Mods" to "Godz" :)

Now, to get serious: you can use Google Advanced Search easily to accomplish exactly the "narrowly winnowed harvesting" of posts you seem to crave. For example: this search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+burger+OR+pizza+OR+cheese+-%22loy+-kroh%22+-massage+-%22happy+-ending%22+site:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/28-chiang-mai-forum/&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&tbas=0&sa=X&ei=_fuUT9HsCc7orQfFnN33BA&ved=0CDgQtgQ&cad=cbv&sei=EfyUT6eUDsrVrQeLr9T3BA

Well, you take a look at the results, and the structure of the search above, and use what's left of your brain, and figure out what is being included ... and excluded ... in this search.

~o:37;