Termite Hunting The Biological Way Without Use Of Chemicals?

Sandman77

Hello!

Can some one give me a advice where I can find biological nature products to remove termites and animals in old isaan wood house of my girlfriend in country of Buriram area all the company's use chemicals now I still don't know what kind of plants and biological products I can use to clean up the house and where I can find them?

I'd stick with the Chemicals - you don't want these buggers in your foundations. No point in being Green if your home is going to fall down for the price of being a tree hugger.

I have a number of cats and dogs, I am pretty tolerant, but recently we have had a particular Ginger Shit Cat giving massive problems, it has been ripping chunks out of the normally friendly cats, trying to eat one of the cats babies, and generally being a bastard.

Anyway, tuesday I shot it! today I found it's little stiff corpse so I chucked it it into the garbage. Why disrupt a happy family because of one shit!

Best not tell the wife as she thinks killing cats is the same as killing monks.......bring them on!

• Like 1

I'd stick with the Chemicals - you don't want these buggers in your foundations. No point in being Green if your home is going to fall down for the price of being a tree hugger.

I have a number of cats and dogs, I am pretty tolerant, but recently we have had a particular Ginger Shit Cat giving massive problems, it has been ripping chunks out of the normally friendly cats, trying to eat one of the cats babies, and generally being a bastard.

Anyway, tuesday I shot it! today I found it's little stiff corpse so I chucked it it into the garbage. Why disrupt a happy family because of one shit!

Best not tell the wife as she thinks killing cats is the same as killing monks.......bring them on!

Garbage? The are supposed to taste like rabbit!

Tuesday, stiff corpse, what would you do?

Tuesday, stiff corpse, what would you do?

Eat it when it is fresh....There is no excuse of being too lazy to pick it up 2 days....

But still he could have it nailed on the fence discouragement for other cats and people who want to borrow money.

• Like 2

Where I can find this orange oil in Thailand ?

Maybe the local pharmacy not have lol!

When I must order from oversea could have the problem that liquids cannot be send by post since new rules that affective since one month

Try to send boxing oil to Europe and Thai post says sorry cannot do at the moment

I would try to make some....it is not like you need to make food grade...

The active ingredient is d-Limonene from the orange peels

Actually just google how to make orange oil wink.png

Edited by flying

People in the States are turning to Orange Oil

Before it was Agent Orange. But hey, people can change, I doubt it though. It's a genetical thing.

But does Agent Orange help against termites?

It helped against jungle but it didn't help against Vietnamese.

(Hope the don't try if it works against Iranians)

but it didn't help against Vietnamese.

The OP is having a problem with thermites not vietcongs, as the infestation seems to be inside a wooden structure, an industrial strenght flame thrower should be enough to solve this task.

The OP is having a problem with thermites not vietcongs, as the infestation seems to be inside a wooden structure, an industrial strenght flame thrower should be enough to solve this task.

You are right I went off topic.....

Or soaking the wooden structur in gasoline might also help.

The OP just needs to google it as there are a couple of companies in Thailand that apparently do this although the ones I know of are based around Chonburi.

Don't think I am allowed to post a direct link but one is ecofriendlypestcontrolthailand with the www before and .com after

My neighbour uses one with Bio in the name but I think it costs about 800 baht every month.

However I do like Surayu's suggestion.......smile.png

the green stuff is not as effective. it is debatable if it is effective at all. but you can try some combination of vinegar (you need a higher than the stuff you put in your salad. i think you need 15% cant remember) and rubbing alcohol and they usually mix that with oil of orange as mentioned above. this is the general "Green" kiling method for bugs and plants. like i said, probably wont work.

Edited by farang000999

Where I can find this orange oil in Thailand ?

Maybe the local pharmacy not have lol!

When I must order from oversea could have the problem that liquids cannot be send by post since new rules that affective since one month

Try to send boxing oil to Europe and Thai post says sorry cannot do at the moment

with all this green stuff u will soon realize cost is very expensive.

I had a bad attack of termites in an old Queensland timber home. Did'nt want chemicals so i called the govt CSIRO they sent a guy out with small jar with what looked like water. The liquid contained NEMATODES. He sprayed it in certain places and within a week all the termites were gone. Apparently, these Nematodes are a microscopic creature which enter the termites body under its armpits and then proceeds to eat the creature from the inside. Amazingly it only took about a week.

Sorry i cannot tell you more.

No chance, these insidious creatures will have a nest of millions nearby, you will only be killing what you can see, even with chemicals you will have a tough time killing them off.

The termite companies supply small plastic boxes filled with yummy sawdust laced with a biological compound that will disrupt the bugs reproduction.

Safe and works great is what they tell their customers. Who knows.

Back home, we would soak the ground surrounding the foundation with a nasty chemical barrier that kept subterranean termites away.

There are on average, 14 termite nests per acre the pros told me.

Edited by pauljones