Trayvon Martin shooter makes first court appearance

News_Editor

So he deserved to be murdered because he was tall for his age? sad.png

You really are the living end Jingthing , I was merely requesting a recent photo ,as I think the photo displayed in the thread is not accurate, nothing more ,nothing less . Edited by Colin Yai

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone in this thread who thinks that killing another human being ought to be dismissed without judicial examination? Because that's what happened before all those 'political' folks stuck their necks in. I really cannot believe that there are people who post on TV who believe that the loss of a life doesn't bear examination.

Edited by endure
  • Like 1

If it was self-defence, he is not "guilty" of anything.

We'll see. Keep in mind the nice boy was just out for an evening stroll and then he started getting harassed by this crazed vigilante dude, and ended up dead. I am sorry. The killer must pay. You aren't naive. You know as well as I do that if the murdered boy had been upper class and white, there is no way the killer would not been charged right on the scene. Let him go to trial. Great. He should have been booked the night of the killing. I'll accept a not guilty verdict on trial. Will some of you guys accept a GUILTY verdict?ermm.gif

I for one will accept a guilty verdict sure and so will all on this Forum, the question you should be asking is will the local black populace accept it if Zimmerman is found not guilty , some how I doubt it!.

We'll see. Keep in mind the nice boy was just out for an evening stroll and then he started getting harassed by this crazed vigilante dude, and ended up dead. I am sorry. The killer must pay. You aren't naive. You know as well as I do that if the murdered boy had been upper class and white, there is no way the killer would not been charged right on the scene. Let him go to trial. Great. He should have been booked the night of the killing. I'll accept a not guilty verdict on trial. Will some of you guys accept a GUILTY verdict?ermm.gif

I for one will accept a guilty verdict sure and so will all on this Forum, the question you should be asking is will the local black populace accept it if Zimmerman is found not guilty , some how I doubt it!.

No, the question you should be asking is why you assume that 'the local black populace' are somehow less trustworthy than you.

• Like 2

They need to trash that stand your ground law too if people like Zimmerman think that gives him a license to stalk and shoot teenagers.

Another fantasy land statement from you Jingthing and given I might add without a shred of evidence , "People like Zimmerman" obviously you know him personally!

No, the question you should be asking is why you assume that 'the local black populace' are somehow less trustworthy than you.

I said I doubt it ,which Is my opinion, which is not quite the same as saying they will not accept the verdict is it, or am I not allowed to have an opinion if it conflicts with yours?!

Is there anyone in this thread who thinks that killing another human being ought to be dismissed without judicial examination?

I do not think that is what happened. The police on the scene felt that the evidence available pointed towards legitimate self-defence and therefore did not arrest Zimmerman on the spot. That does not mean that he would avoid prosecution if the investigation turned up evidence against him.

• Like 1

Howzabout a chill pill all around? Some of you guys are really going to extremes here.

I concur GK maybe a start in the right direction would be for certain posters to retract their totally baseless Anti Zimmerman statements which litter this thread smile.png

Is there anyone in this thread who thinks that killing another human being ought to be dismissed without judicial examination? Because that's what happened before all those 'political' folks stuck their necks in. I really cannot believe that there are people who post on TV who believe that the loss of a life doesn't bear examination.

How do you know there was no "judicial examination" the night of the incident?

You don't know, I don't know and those "political" folks didn't know...and probably wouldn't have cared anyway.

Zimmerman was taken to the police station in handcuffs after the EMTs cleaned up his head and face wounds. I would imagine he was interrogated as to the happenings that night, witnesses (if any) were interviewed and statements was taken from all concerned. The police, possibly in consultation with the local District Attorney, decided he was not a threat to the community nor a flight risk so they released him with further investigations to follow.

Every loss of life bears examination and I don't know anybody on this forum that has claimed otherwise. However, jumping the gun on the investigative process does little to urge it along.

Don't worry. Erik Holder's Justice Department is on the scene and I am certain Zimmerman will be found guilty of something.

Erik Holder Chuck? excuse my Ignorance, but could please elaborate as I'm English . Edited by Colin Yai

You don't know, I don't know and those "political" folks didn't know...and probably wouldn't have cared anyway.

Zimmerman was taken to the police station in handcuffs after the EMTs cleaned up his head and face wounds. I would imagine he was interrogated as to the happenings that night, witnesses (if any) were interviewed and statements was taken from all concerned. The police, possibly in consultation with the local District Attorney, decided he was not a threat to the community nor a flight risk so they released him with further investigations to follow.

Every loss of life bears examination and I don't know anybody on this forum that has claimed otherwise. However, jumping the gun on the investigative process does little to urge it along.

Don't worry. Erik Holder's Justice Department is on the scene and I am certain Zimmerman will be found guilty of something.

In handcuffs? Was he arrested on that night?

Judicial examination/review means a review of all available evidence before a judge.

Was the District Attorney consulted? If so there will be a record of the District Attorney making the recommendation that no charges be laid and that Mr. Zimmerman be released. Did the police say that the DA recommended this? It will all come out in a Judicial Review/Examination as will the witness statements that were not collected on the night of the incident.

I reckon that under the 'Stand your Ground' law Mr. Zimmerman will be found not guilty of all charges.

edit: whether the EMT did clean up his face and head wounds is material to the man's defense. Has this statement been made by the EMT? Dunno, but it will be interesting to find out.

Edited by Neurath

I reckon that under the 'Stand your Ground' law Mr. Zimmerman will be found not guilty of all charges.

I have not really followed the case/thread but I would guess a stand your ground law is designed with potential victims in mind.

Same as a castle law

Given that the shooter instigated the event by following this person I would not be so sure it can be used as a defense...Will be interesting to hear the outcome. What little I have heard abut this case does not make sense to me.

Edited by flying

Judicial examination/review means a review of all available evidence before a judge.

Was the District Attorney consulted? If so there will be a record of the District Attorney making the recommendation that no charges be laid and that Mr. Zimmerman be released. Did the police say that the DA recommended this? It will all come out in a Judicial Review/Examination as will the witness statements that were not collected on the night of the incident.

edit: whether the EMT did clean up his face and head wounds is material to the man's defense. Has this statement been made by the EMT? Dunno, but it will be interesting to find out.

Yep In Handcuffs when he was led into the police station the same night ,also the enlightened video Camera plainly shows what appear two vertical cuts on the back of his head !

Yep In Handcuffs when he was led into the police station the same night ,also the enlightened video Camera plainly shows what appear two vertical cuts on the back of his head !

Could you send me a link for video? I've not seen this. Much appreciated.

If they cuffed him, does that mean they arrested him? Anyway, please send the link by PM - many will be interested in this video.

EDIT: Got it (the Video) - certainly in cuffs.

Edited by Neurath

I do find the sh1tstorm surrounding this case complete with allegations of racism flying about so easily as somewhat bizarre. If you juxtoposition one death, regrettable though it was, with the deaths of 200 Nigerian Christians blown up on Christmas eve, yet scarcely anyone cared to pass comment. Is a Hispanic redneck with a kosher sounding surname so much more odious than the Islamic terrorists of Boko Haram? I say this as the victims seem to share the same colour.

• Like 1

Yes this one death has received a very unusual amount of publicity. We would have never heard of it if it wasn't for Martin's loving family not accepting the way it was handled OR Zimmerman had been properly charged at least with manslaughter in a timely manner. Now its one of those cases that has the potential to cause national riots. Go figure.

Yes this one death has received a very unusual amount of publicity. We would have never heard of it if it wasn't for Martin's loving family not accepting the way it was handled OR Zimmerman had been properly charged at least with manslaughter in a timely manner. Now its one of those cases that has the potential to cause national riots. Go figure.

Not forgetting of the illustrious line up on post#19 who made it a race thing right from the off !! and maybe the Evidence presented at the time suggested it was self defence . Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 1

Thank you for the lesson on judicial review, however wrong it is. Following is the short legal description of Judicial Review with a link to a broader explanation of it's principles.

Judicial review is defined as..The power of courts of law to review the actions of the executive and legislative branches is called judicial review.

In short, Judicial Review takes place AFTER trials or acts of Congress take place in order to determine their constitutionality. NOT before.

Now on to your other points.

1. He was led in handcuffs from the police car into police headquarters.

http://www.foxnews.c...-show-injuries/

2. ..."State Attorney Norm Wolfinger met with the Sanford police chief within hours of the teen's death and that together they overruled a detective's recommendation that Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter."

http://www.foxnews.c...-show-injuries/

3. How do you know there were no witness statements taken the night of the incident? Where did you gain this knowledge?

Any further questions, please write.

• Like 2

It's a fact that Zimmerman is half Peruvian but more to the point why is this very local case presented by the media as something of international significance? Why not the same hysteria every time a black kills a non-black? The vast majority of interracial murders in the US are black on white.

Do you really have to ask?

Because when a black person kills a white person in the U.S. ... THEY GET ARRESTED!

Maybe non-Americans don't understand or right wing Americans deny, but the truth is that still in the U.S. today things are not so easy for young black men. They are seen as walking threats by a large portion of society just for what they are, having nothing to do with their own individual character. If they want to be seen as non-threatening, they must make conscious efforts to do so, that non-black people wouldn't even think about. If they don't make these efforts or just run out of luck ... some of them can end up dead (as happened here).

Edited by Jingthing

Erik Holder Chuck? excuse my Ignorance, but could please elaborate as I'm English .

Erik Holder is Obama's Attorney General, head of the Department of Justice. The DOJ sent down a task force immediately to determine if Zimmerman might have committed any federal offenses.

• Like 1

It's a fact that Zimmerman is half Peruvian but more to the point why is this very local case presented by the media as something of international significance? Why not the same hysteria every time a black kills a non-black? The vast majority of interracial murders in the US are black on white.

Because when a black person kills a white person in the U.S. ... THEY GET ARRESTED!

Maybe non-Americans don't understand or right wing Americans deny, but the truth is that still in the U.S. today things are not so easy for young black men. They are seen as walking threats by a large portion of society just for what they are, having nothing to do with their own individual character. If they want to be seen as non-threatening, they must make conscious efforts to do so, that non-black people wouldn't even think about. If they don't make these efforts or just run out of luck ... some of them can end up dead (as happened here).

but surely this kind of " dialogue " doesn't help them or any quest for meaningful peace and harmonyblink.png

but surely this kind of " dialogue " doesn't help them or any quest for meaningful peace and harmonyblink.png

No, of course not, that is extremist garbage. However, President Obama's comments WERE helpful.

Edited by Jingthing

Maybe non-Americans don't understand or right wing Americans deny, but the truth is that still in the U.S. today things are not so easy for young black men. They are seen as walking threats by a large portion of society just for what they are, having nothing to do with their own individual character.

That includes Jesse Jackson.

"There is nothing more painful to me ... than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved."

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Maybe non-Americans don't understand or right wing Americans deny, but the truth is that still in the U.S. today things are not so easy for young black men. They are seen as walking threats by a large portion of society just for what they are, having nothing to do with their own individual character.

That includes Jesse Jackson.

"There is nothing more painful to me ... than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved."

Yes. So?

No, of course not, that is extremist garbage. However, President Obama's comments WERE helpful.

extremist or not they successfully intimidated many people at the polling stations in 2008

• Like 1

I do find the sh1tstorm surrounding this case complete with allegations of racism flying about so easily as somewhat bizarre. If you juxtoposition one death, regrettable though it was, with the deaths of 200 Nigerian Christians blown up on Christmas eve, yet scarcely anyone cared to pass comment. Is a Hispanic redneck with a kosher sounding surname so much more odious than the Islamic terrorists of Boko Haram? I say this as the victims seem to share the same colour.

No - you're saying it to drag Islam into another thread that has nothing to do with Islam at all. Your post is completely off topic

• Like 1

Jingthing lets just get this quite straight are you saying that when Zimmerman was put in a police car in handcuffs and escorted by armed policemen from the scene of the incident and taken to the Police station pending further inquiries as to what took place that he was NOT under arrest , And with respect I would like an Answer to my simple question and give me YOUR version of the Events what actually took place,was Zimmerman under arrest ?,a plain yes or no will suffice smile.png Edited by Colin Yai

No - you're saying it to drag Islam into another thread that has nothing to do with Islam at all. Your post is completely off topic

Thats not up to you to judge but the Mods ,Dan was just writing an example as to why one persons life should be adjudged by all the ballyhoo to be more Important than the 200 who lost their lives simply because of their religious beliefs, which is not just a one off,but a day in day out happening,which would appear of no Importance to not one single poster on this forum,all Dan is doing is pointing out the Comparisons which IMHO is not off topic, however that rests with the Mods certainly not you or myself but Hey Dan ,thanks for drawing this fact to my attention . Edited by Colin Yai