Positive Long Term Thai Girlfriend/Wife Experience'S?

ericg

you all talk about thais do this, thais do that, are there no individuals in thailand.

perhaps to many people are finding the same girls in the same places.

Actually i have to agree with payak here. I wonder where u guys dig up ur gals since u have to make such a profound list. I guess u dont know how to look or are just too darn insecure.

As most respectable Thai ladies won't even talk to foreigners, one must assume most of us 'dug up' our ladies from the same place, (dare I suggest bars in Pattaya or similar), so it's not surprising many of us have similar opinions and experiences.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As most respectable Thai ladies won't even talk to foreigners, one must assume most of us 'dug up' our ladies from the same place, (dare I suggest bars in Pattaya or similar), so it's not surprising many of us have similar opinions and experiences.

The point is that people over-generalize based on the viewpoint of their own limited situation.

If both the context for the conversation and the appearance of the foreigner are respectable, then there is no problem socializing with the elite in Thailand. If they perceive you to be beneath their station, or there isn't a respectable context/pretext for the conversation then they will protect their time and precious reputation.

Some men consider it important to have a partner that is intelligent, or at least well educated. If they have the resources to present themselves well in an appropriate context, it is quite possible they can create a good relationship with a respectable Thai women.

IMO this is more trouble than it's worth, because that's not the kind of girl or relationship I look for.

However I also would avoid like the plague a girl who's had any exposure (direct or indirect) to the sex industry in any of its many forms here; my other deal-killers include any level of English, any experience living independently of her family, any economic background other than dirt-poor desperation, and girls with children. The most important qualities for me are youth, beauty and athleticism, intelligence and ambition, and the willingness to learn new ways, to work hard and to detach from friends and family. To each his own, eh?

Just don't claim that it isn't possible, anything is possible here if you have the resources (money, time, energy) to devote to your goal.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 2

you all talk about thais do this, thais do that, are there no individuals in thailand.

perhaps to many people are finding the same girls in the same places.

Actually i have to agree with payak here. I wonder where u guys dig up ur gals since u have to make such a profound list. I guess u dont know how to look or are just too darn insecure.

That remark was made due to narrowminded and experience limited statements about Thai women. Remember they are human beings not inflatable dolls but incase thats what u want may I then recommend Ebay?

There are gray areas as there are women that are neither HiSo Sino-Thais nor bargirls. Do try to come out of the bush once a while.

Edited by maxme
  • Like 1

absolutly right maxme, never a truer word spoken.

treat a respectable girl with respect and she will talk.

My wife was met through thai friends at a muay thai function, she had to talk.

her father was a nightmare in the early days but we are close now.

brother is a monk, other brother an engineer, sister in a good marketing management position,my wife an accountant.

all from rural isan, all educated from there fathers success.

all self sufficiant, isan is not all misery and poverty, many a greedy lady in thailand, had my experience with one in the past.

My first Thai GF was a shooter, that was a long time ago.  She actually liked shooting people.  I think she liked my guns better than me.  

The next one was a boxer and brothel owner.  She still calls on holidays.

After her was a kinda of legit technician at a night club and then an engineer.  

Thailand has a plethora of adult women who are independent, strong and fascinating.  It also has wimpy subservient women but not very many especially in the long term.  

Although all should be aware of the "Potato chip syndrome."