Changing From Non-B Single To Multiple

You can try to get a 1 year extension of stay from immigration, if you qualify for that, OR get a new multiple non-B visa if you don't qualify from a consuate abroad.

For in the area, look at this summary and note the remarks! :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/433392-current-visa-availability-summary-from-neighboring-countries/

It can not be done in Thailand but if you can qualify for extension of stay (one year at a time) that is normally the next step. You will need full company paperwork and a wage for your nationality. See police order 777/2551 and check out the requirements for the type of employment you have.

To obtain a multi entry visa, if that is really what you prefer, you would have to visit Consulate with same type of paperwork and Consulate will have there own requirements on top.

Extension of stay is cheapest at 1,900 baht per year.

Thanks for the replies...

I have single entry B which expires on the 26th of June. I have made my work permit which I am in possession of and I am currently legal to work. What do I do when my single non-b runs out? Should I get an extension of stay and if so how do I go about it and what paper work do I need to show? Do I have to show proof of salary etc?

Many thanks...

You will need a bit more than that.

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Certificate of alien’s employment in the format prescribed by the Immigration Bureau

4. Copy of work permit (in the case of change of workplace, an acknowledgment of application may be used)

5. Copy of evidence proving company registration, such as a certificate of company or partnership registration, certified by the registrar within the previous six months

6. Copy of list of shareholders certified by the registrar within the previous six months

7. Copy of balance sheet and profit and loss statement for the latest year, together with income tax return for companies or juristic partnerships and payment receipt

8. Copy of latest monthly withholding income tax return specifying the names of employees and of the alien applicant together with a copy of payment receipt

9. Copy of the individual income tax return for the latest year and payment receipt (if any)

10. Copy of social security contribution return for the latest month, as filed with the Social Security Office (Form Sor Por Sor.1-10) and payment receipt

11. Document or evidence proving the necessity of the business to hire the alien, for example, in case a job opening was posted for Thai candidates but there were no applicants

12. Location map showing the applicant’s workplace and photographs of interior and exterior of the workplace during business hours

13. Documents or other evidence requested by the Committee monitoring official proceedings of officers of the Immigration Bureau

14. For an international trade business (representative office), regional office, and overseas company (branch office), documents specified in Criteria 6, 7, and 11 are not required.

There is also a minimum income requirement, for most western nationalities set at 50,000 baht a month. (Teachers are exempted from that, as are a few other categories).

wow... thanks for detailed info... much more than I expected. I can get all that but just interested when you say about the minimum income requirement, do you know what other categories other than teachers are exempt from that?

Thanks Mario...

Sorry to keep this ogoing but do have a link to a list of exempt cats? Really appreciate your help on this...

Not aware of any published list.

Work on the basis that you will have to show evidence of tax paid (PND 91 Annual Tax Return and PND1 Monthly Tax Paid Receipt) on an income of 50,000 THB pcm if you are European, American, Canadian or Japanese.

Read 777/2551 as the income or not requirement is by the category of extension of stay you qualify for. As you do not seem to want to tell us we really can not help. If you only meet the 2.1 requirement you must have the income proof for your nationality as listed at the end of 777/2551

http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=153821

http://www.thaivisa....772551-in-thai/

Thanks for the replies...

Read 777/2551 as the income or not requirement is by the category of extension of stay you qualify for. As you do not seem to want to tell us we really can not help.

http://www.thaivisa....ttach_id=153821

http://www.thaivisa....772551-in-thai/

It's not that I don't want to tell you... I just was asking for a list so I could check myself.

It was scuba diving instructor, the reason I'm asking for this information is to make sure I'm not being over charged by my accountant.

Many thanks...

It's not that I don't want to tell you... I just was asking for a list so I could check myself.

It was scuba diving instructor, the reason I'm asking for this information is to make sure I'm not being over charged by my accountant.

As Lopburi has posted, you being a Dive Instructor, would have to extend under Section 2.1 of 777/2551, if the extension sought is for Employment in The Kingdom of Thailand.