Thai Air - Domestic E-tickets

sharastani

I have read posts that Thai Air tickets are more expensive through their website but I imagine this is best/only way from UK.

Also, There is a domestic flight from Bkk 2 hrs and another 4 hrs after I arrive in Bkk. If I book on the later one but manage to get to the terminal on time will they let me on the earlier flight if there is room.

Emirates customer services tell me I cannot check my baggage all the way through to Phuket from UK... which means the dash through immigration, baggage collection and walk to domestic could be difficult to check in time for early flight.

Seeing your schedule on your other thread, if it was me I'd book the later Nok flight BKK-Phuket. Presumably cheaper than Thai and I'd prefer to feel more relaxed about possible delayed arrival of the Emirates flight in BKK than build in all the worry and rush to get from International to Domestic. Better to kill a couple of hours in either terminal than a fraught journey - and the Domestic departure area is pretty civilised............ :o

You'll still arrive in Phuket at a reasonable time and the Nok website is a model of user-friendliness.

Seeing your schedule on your other thread, if it was me I'd book the later Nok flight BKK-Phuket. Presumably cheaper than Thai and I'd prefer to feel more relaxed about possible delayed arrival of the Emirates flight in BKK than build in  all the worry and rush to get from International to Domestic. Better to kill a couple of hours in either terminal than a fraught journey - and the Domestic departure area is pretty civilised............  :o

You'll still arrive in Phuket at a reasonable time and the Nok website is a model of user-friendliness.

Thanks Steve2UK - There premium seats look better too.

Do NokAir take UK credit cards? I saw on a post that they are thai credit cards only.

Seeing your schedule on your other thread, if it was me I'd book the later Nok flight BKK-Phuket. Presumably cheaper than Thai and I'd prefer to feel more relaxed about possible delayed arrival of the Emirates flight in BKK than build in  all the worry and rush to get from International to Domestic. Better to kill a couple of hours in either terminal than a fraught journey - and the Domestic departure area is pretty civilised............  :o

Thanks Steve2UK - There premium seats look better too.

Do NokAir take UK credit cards? I saw on a post that they are thai credit cards only.

Happy to help. I've booked Nok BKK-Chiang Mai several times with credit card from UK - no problem. The Nok Plus (i.e. equivalent of business) is worth having for the small extra cost - more relaxing after the long flight from UK. It also includes a bigger baggage allowance; if I remember right, Nok Standard is only 15kg and Nok Plus is 30 kg. So, if you're doing the usual 20+ kg with Emirates, you'll probably save most/all of the Nok Plus versus Standard difference by not paying any excess baggage charges.

Edited by Steve2UK

Have to say, this is the first I've heard of any problems. Last time I booked online (from UK with UK bank credit card) with Nok was a few weeks ago - worked like clockwork as usual. If you fancy the flight, try the booking procedure; assuming it works, you'll get immediate e-mail confirmation to print out as proof of purchase/booking.

All my experience with Nok is that they're 100% professional from start to finish.

Edited by Steve2UK

Have to say, this is the first I've heard of any problems. Last time I booked online (from UK with UK bank credit card) with Nok was a few weeks ago - worked like clockwork as usual. If you fancy the flight, try the booking procedure; assuming it works, you'll get immediate e-mail confirmation to print out as proof of purchase/booking.

All my experience with Nok is that they're 100% professional from start to finish.

I have just tried to book the Nok air flights and you get all the way to confirming the payment and you get a message saying that they now only accept thai credit cards until they have a new international anti fraud system in place. I have asked them to contact me to see if teher is any way round it?

The earlier 3.45pm TG flight appears full so I think Ive got to chance with the 2 our transfer or go for the 3.55pm Air Asia flight (cheap and nasty) or 4.45 TG flight ..

There is a Bangkok Air flight at 5.20pm, but thats 5 hrs at bkk airport....

the next flight

I have read posts that Thai Air tickets are more expensive through their website but I imagine this is best/only way from UK.

Also, There is a domestic flight from Bkk 2 hrs and another 4 hrs after I arrive in Bkk.  If I book on the later one but manage to get to the terminal on time will they let me on the earlier flight if there is room.

Emirates customer services tell me I cannot check my baggage all the way through to Phuket from UK... which means the dash through immigration, baggage collection and walk to domestic could be difficult to check in time for early flight.

Emirates Customer services are mistaken.

Get them to contact TG to confirm that baggage can and are tagged on a thousands of pieces of luggage every day from all around the world to Phuket if the Bangkok Phuket trip is on TG.

It is also available to Chiang Mai and HatYai at least.