11 Secret Service Agents Put On Leave Amid Prostitution Inquiry

Lite Beer

Is prostitution illegal in Columbia (sorry if I missed it in the thread)?

If these guys aren't breaking a law in the country, is there something in the personnel policies that prohibits such behavior?

Can't say for sure for the agency guys, but I know there are policies for the military and it's contractors so wouldn't be surprised if they are covered by something similar.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One major difference is the two DEA agents are permanently assigned to Colombia and brought the girls to an apartment one of them rents and lives in.

Obama's folks were TDY and staying in a hotel where the President was to stay.

If they start coming down on federal employees that use hookers, the State Department might also be investigated.

Scott. Prostitution is not illegal in Colombia.

• Like 1

If our security personnel overseas needs to get some I'd prefer they go the pay-to-play route. NOT Secret Service who should be concentrating on protecting the President, but the other on more permanent assignment. Hookers are safer than getting a local girlfriend. "Girlfriends" are more likely to be spies than some one-night stand hooker. Spys like the KGB spy who turned one of our Marine guards at the US Embassy in Moscow back in the 1980's. http://www.nytimes.com/1987/08/22/world/marine-convicted-by-court-martial-of-embassy-spying.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

• Like 1

Hookers are safer than getting a local girlfriend. "Girlfriends" are more likely to be spies than some one-night stand hooker.

You must be one of the many retired 007 types that hang about daytime drinking in soi 4... "can't say too much but I Work for the government"