Thailand Listed Among World’s Least Rude Countries For Travelers

Lite Beer

Thailand listed among world’s least rude countries for travelers

Hotnews-255504150004.jpg

BANGKOK, 15 April 2012 (NNT) – According to a recent survey by famous Scottish travel website, Skyscanner, Thailand is one of most polite countries for travelers whereas France, Russia, UK, Germany and China tops the list of the World's rudest countries.

Skyscanner asked 1,200 tourists from Europe, North America and Australia to vote for the “World’s rudest countries for travelers” via an online poll. Among the 34 options provided in the survey, France was voted the rudest country in the world by almost 20% of the respondents. Skyscanner explained that the French are known for their "abrupt and curt nature", especially while facing tourists.

Other countries with a reputation for impoliteness towards travelers include Russia (16.6%), the United Kingdom (10.4%) and Germany (9.93%).

Among Asian countries, China received the highest vote for impoliteness at 4.3%, occupying the sixth place on the World’s rudest countries for travelers list. A Chinese etiquette expert, Lawrence Lo, pointed out language barriers and cultural differences as the two major factors behind the ranking.

Thailand, on the other hand, ranked number 31 on the list of the 34 rudest countries in the world, which puts Thailand in the top five of the world's least rude countries for travelers, among Portugal, the Philippines, Caribbean countries and Brazil.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-04-15 footer_n.gif

Some might argue that if the traveller could understand what was being said in Thai, then the results of the survey might be different

At last a plus for most Thais not being able to speak another language? (coherently that is)giggle.gif

asked 1,200 tourists from Europe, North America and Australia to vote for the “World’s rudest countries for travelers†via an online poll.

Would've been a good survey if at least a few of those respondents had actually visited LOS.

:rolleyes:

I have only ever visited some countries in Europe, and indeed the French are rude, very much so.

In Asia, China tops my list.

About Thailand, living there for six years, understanding some Thai and Isan, I think indeed those people giving Thailand the highest points were never here and do not understand a single word of Thai.

I wonder how many of the respondents actually traveled to these countries, or did they instead simply use the reputation of each country in their response? I'd always heard of the legendary French rudeness, but never saw it while I was there. And where is the U.S. on this list? They've gotta be ranked pretty high.

Certainly agreed with Russia and China among the top rudest; wonder what is Malaysia's position ? It's in my own top 5 list.

Thailand among the least rudest is understandable.

Being very Buddhist, huge in tourism, many ladyboys, a language that sounds so sweet and soft; and being the only country in the region that don't fight back against the Japanese during their cruel attacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly agreed with Russia and China among the top rudest; wonder what is Malaysia's position ? It's in my own top 5 list.

Thailand among the least rudest is understandable.

Being very Buddhist, huge in tourism, many ladyboys, a language that sounds so sweet and soft; and being the only country in the region that don't fight back against the Japanese during their cruel attacks.

Perhaps because they were helping the Japanese in those attacks. Check out French Thai war and Thailand's attack on Burma both with Japanese assistance.

I have only ever visited some countries in Europe, and indeed the French are rude, very much so.

In Asia, China tops my list.

About Thailand, living there for six years, understanding some Thai and Isan, I think indeed those people giving Thailand the highest points were never here and do not understand a single word of Thai.

I think you may be taking too many showers to be considered European.