Samui Bike Week 2012

http://www.samuibikeweek.com/

MAY 4-5

I wonder if there is any way to use the event to shed some light on the dangerous conditions of Samui driving, and hopefully get some attention in that direction.

I'd like to make a bunch of T-shirts that say, "WEARS YOUR HELMET?!" (GET IT?)

I think there is a contest for the best "stock" bike. I am thinking of entering mine this time around. ...

The contract on my head prevents me from posting any photos or revealing anything about that.

I can say, however, it's not a Harley. Nice bikes in general, but the cliquey, "If you aren't on a Harley, you're not on a 'real' bike" mentality I find fraudulent and puerile.

Don't be apologetic, a Vespa is a very nice ride.

• Like 1

The contract on my head prevents me from posting any photos or revealing anything about that.

I can say, however, it's not a Harley. Nice bikes in general, but the cliquey, "If you aren't on a Harley, you're not on a 'real' bike" mentality I find fraudulent and puerile.

Oh I love secrets. Is it a guessing game? Is there a prize?biggrin.png

haha far play, but I'm guessing you got a nice red 400 vulcan cool.png I agree, regarding Harleys. I think i'd prefer one of these for a 3rd of the price, but you can't really open them up on Samui anyway.

post-102811-0-28428800-1334495427_thumb.

Depends if he's a MOD or ROCKER!!!! giggle.gif

Perhaps only Brits who lived in the 60's will get that! smile.png

• Like 1

Mods RULE !

• Like 1

Mods RULE !

Yep. But I couldn't afford a Vespa back then. I could only afford a Raleigh moped. (Oh the shame of it)ph34r.png

Mods RULE !

Yep. But I couldn't afford a Vespa back then. I could only afford a Raleigh moped. (Oh the shame of it)ph34r.png

For me it was a toss up between a Honda 50 pedalo or a Reliant Robin. Got the Reliant.

(it's tricky to entertain gels in the back of a moped.)

(Where's the smiley for big rude grin . . . . )

(Oh. This kinda thing . . . fantasy-alien-16.gif

R

• Like 1

You will not even be allowed in the parking lot of the Bike (two-day) Week on a Vespa, sorry.

Yes you will lol. Quite a few locals & expats own them on the island & participate in the rides .Have a look when you get there.

I beg your pardon, but last year in the afternoon, just before it started to rain, and after I parked in the area near the tent shops, there was a local guy (or two?) waving people away from the main parking area who had strayed in with "non-big bikes." Sure, they can find parking anywhere else, but not with the big boys.

I beg your pardon, but last year in the afternoon, just before it started to rain, and after I parked in the area near the tent shops, there was a local guy (or two?) waving people away from the main parking area who had strayed in with "non-big bikes." Sure, they can find parking anywhere else, but not with the big boys.

I parked my Honda Click in between the big bikes last year, no one said a thing