Anyone Into Dream Theater?

stevehaigh

Prog rock fans, its a dream come true (pun intended), Dream Theater is playing Bangkok on May 8th.

any DT fans from Phuket going? if so, please contact me and we can meet up or maybe car pool (i'm driving) up to BKK

if you don't know who DT are or know what progressive rock music is, this is not your cup of tea

steve

http://www.thaiticke...?sid=1196&la=en

Edited by stevehaigh

I listened to the whole thing. Very talented musicians. Something that is getting harder to find these days (no offence to Justin Bieber, the chic who cut all her hair off, and any of the other no talent bubblegum clowns out there).

I don’t know sh*t about progressive rock, but I swear I detected a little Boston, Queen, and Ted Nugent in there.

Enjoyed it. Thanks

Prog rock sounds like a cool label for this type of music but it's not progressive rock, it's jazz rock and this style of playing has been around for years - nothing progressive (whatever that means) about it.

Can't knock the musicians though - very accomplished.

I listened to the whole thing. Very talented musicians. Something that is getting harder to find these days (no offence to Justin Bieber, the chic who cut all her hair off, and any of the other no talent bubblegum clowns out there).

I don’t know sh*t about progressive rock, but I swear I detected a little Boston, Queen, and Ted Nugent in there.

Enjoyed it. Thanks

Leave me out of it will you laugh.png

• Like 1

Prog rock sounds like a cool label for this type of music but it's not progressive rock, it's jazz rock and this style of playing has been around for years - nothing progressive (whatever that means) about it.

Can't knock the musicians though - very accomplished.

How can progressive rock take me so far back down memory lane. I would call it "traveling music". Close your eyes, and travel...In their music I hear a little bit of Alan Parsons, Yes, Pink Floyd and several other music influences. Maybe even a little Jean-luc Ponty jazz...

DT are Prog Metal fools.

This is their 4th time in BKK too and if you want to see the Thai kids rock out, this is the chance....they go mad for it.

correct, i've been to all of them and loved every second. its nice to see Thai's get excited in a concert. in the Thai concerts in the wat they usually look really bored and leave half way through.

Hey Guys.... Am Flying From Sri Lanka To Catch DT In Thailand Coz I Missed Out On Stuttgart.... Anyone Wanna Meet Up There....?

looks like bangkok is the last show in asia before returning to the states.

sure, i can meet you pre show. i assume you are flying into bangkok, not phuket?

you should pm me