Advice Sought

Hi all

Hopefully somebody can point me down the correct road here. Ok here we go -

I am 48, in September of this year I will be 49....

I am presently on a multi O visa, which expires 24th August this year and my UK passport expires February of next year on the 10th.. ..To my understanding I require 6 months remaining on my passport when I re-enter Thailand so I intend to do my final boarder run 8-9th August and this will take me up to early November when I will return UK.

I would then like to return ASAP (within 2 weeks). so mid November.....I doubt I will be able to get another multi o though , only a triple entry....

This would not however take me up till September 2013 when I turn 50 and can apply for a retirement visa..

So what advise can anybody offer me! I just want the cheapest option......

I know I go go down the ED visa route but thats a bit expensive for the 2-3 month shortfall...

Any help greatly appreciated..

Regards Riki

Your entry into Thailand only requires your passport be valid for the period of stay (but going to another country will likely require the six month validity that many require).

A three entry tourist visa followed by another tourist visa would likely be possible - or just doing visa exempt entries for the final month or two.

I would then like to return ASAP (within 2 weeks). so mid November.....

Presumably you will be renewing you passport while in the UK (possible any time within 9 months of expiry). However this is a process which will take rather longer than 2 weeks unless you make an appointment at a Regional Passport Office. For further info click on http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Applicationinformation/DG_183772

• Like 1