Transfer Fees If The Land Is (Genuinely) Given Free?

Hi

1. If a person had a Thai nominee but later on one wanted it changed to someone else's name can a transfer in any way be done fee-free or lower-fee?

(I am aware they normally charge based on the nominated value as a minimum and yes I can see anyone could say it was not a sale but a transfer)

2. Is it any different if the transfer's inside a family?

3. Any transfer fees involved in inheriting?

thanks Cheeryble

I have asked this question before to the Office Chief at the Chiang Mai Land-Office.

His answer was short.

"You pay transfer fee every time we change the name on the Chanote. We don't care how much you pay for it or if you get land for free. We look in our book and you pay the fee based on our calculations."

He also said, there's 2 different calculations:

1) last ownership transfer was less than 5 years ago,.... you pay a higher fee

2) last ownership transfer was more than 5 years ago: you pay the standard fee

I did not mention anything about in-heritage or things like adding or removing names from the chanote.

I was asking this simply out of curiosity as in my home-country you can make a donation (when old or sick....) under certain circumstances and avoid high tax on in-heritage....

Anyway, most officials speak enough English to give you a correct and straight forward answer for your particular situation. You can walk in to the land office with ANY question about this matter and they will give you explanation.

Just take a number at the entrance and pay (for the given service) on the way out.

e.g.: If you have a property/chanote and want to sell it and want to know what currently the transfer fee will be. You can walk in with that chanote and they will calculate for you. This service costs 40 THB in Chiang Mai.

Simple as that.

• Like 1

Are you saying you want to change a nominee inside of your company? If so, you can do that for about 3k Baht. Changing a nominee from one Thai person to another. relative or not. I do believe the transfer fee applies when the ownership changes, not the nominees???