Fees For Changing Flight On Etihad?

Sandman77

Hello!

I booked in the a online ticket with etihad, the travel agency told me, in case you want to change flight date you can do this only from Thailand for 1000 bath in if you fly from Europe you have to pay 75€ and a possible price difference of another flight date!

Can someone confirm this?

It all depends on which fare you purchased from Etihad at time of booking. The cheaper the airfare the more restricted and costly in can be to exchange your travel dates. Both before you depart and after departure.

Call Etihad and ask them to clarify these costs for you.

Chris.

i flew with etihad towards the end of last year,decided too change my flight and was quite surprised too be hit with a £135 bill just too change the date plus the difference from my ticket up to the next available fare.

also,on thai airways earlier this year the bill too change the date was £200 plus the difference from the next available fare.

it is understandable from the airlines business point of view as many people change their travel plans(especially from thailand if they want to spend a few more days with their new tilak).

very interesting if you can get away with paying a thai travel agency only 1000b,been coming here too long too think it could all be a blag and you could get hit with another bill at the airport.

let us know if you can get away with the 1000b move,cheers

i flew with etihad towards the end of last year,decided too change my flight and was quite surprised too be hit with a £135 bill just too change the date plus the difference from my ticket up to the next available fare.

also,on thai airways earlier this year the bill too change the date was £200 plus the difference from the next available fare.

it is understandable from the airlines business point of view as many people change their travel plans(especially from thailand if they want to spend a few more days with their new tilak).

very interesting if you can get away with paying a thai travel agency only 1000b,been coming here too long too think it could all be a blag and you could get hit with another bill at the airport.

No blag, just differing ticket conditions. Tickets are generally more expensive from BKK and have less restrictive conditions.

It depends on where the ticket originates. Ticket from Europe used to cost 100 euro to change. Ticket from Thailand 1000 baht. Assuming the flights are the same price.

Easy enough to change the Thailand ticket in Europe or the Europe ticket in Thailand --- A simple phone call is enough, assuming you paid by credit card.

I have been flying with Etihad exclusively ( when available) for four years and I have never been charged a fee. I always buy the full fare or Pearl class tickets. We have changed flights with Low cost tickets with Gulf Air at no charge in BKK. We really enjoy Etihad and can not say enough for their efforts for us. Almost always bumped up to Business Class. This is the first year that award points (miles)were higher for the business and first class seats which was long in coming.

A blag ??

Are you suggesting the Travel Agency is confirming a change for 1000 baht but perhaps you could be further rammed at the Airport ??

I have been flying with Etihad exclusively ( when available) for four years and I have never been charged a fee. I always buy the full fare or Pearl class tickets. We have changed flights with Low cost tickets with Gulf Air at no charge in BKK. We really enjoy Etihad and can not say enough for their efforts for us. Almost always bumped up to Business Class. This is the first year that award points (miles)were higher for the business and first class seats which was long in coming.

Are you saying you pay full fare prices in Coral ??

Whats that £1300-1400 in Economy ?? Seems helluva excessive to have free date changes ??

Edited by Chivas