Feel Like Doing A Bit Of Outdoor Work?

thaibeachlovers

Doing a spot of outdoor work in the garden or suchlike can be dangerous in LOS.

While I'm sure that most would know to look out for the scorpions, snakes and poisonous centipedes etc at ground level, don't forget to look up as well. I just about stuck my head into a red ant nest in a tree. Made of leaves stuck together, it's well camouflaged.

Happy gardening.

If you stuck your head in a red ants' nest, then 9 out of 10 times you would be under a mango tree. Just take it as a lesson to be more careful in future. Don't let it spoil the enjoyment of working in the garden.

Working in the garden keeps you fit and if you are like me, you never tire of the wonders of nature. One of the main reasons that I choose to live out in the sticks instead of a busy town/city.

If you stuck your head in a red ants' nest, then 9 out of 10 times you would be under a mango tree. Just take it as a lesson to be more careful in future. Don't let it spoil the enjoyment of working in the garden.

Working in the garden keeps you fit and if you are like me, you never tire of the wonders of nature. One of the main reasons that I choose to live out in the sticks instead of a busy town/city.

I always look down, as found heaps of scorpions, and centipedes, but never usually look up. Hence the warning to all.

I work outside to lose weight. I've always considered paying to use a gym is a waste of money, but that's just my opinion.

Not just your opinion TBL.

I totally agree with you. Working in the garden brings so many benefits. physically as well as mentally.

I just wish that I could grow all the vegetables to meet my family's needs, bur we always have an excess of something and not enough of something else due to the climate.

Yes, I love to work in the garden but its dam_n hard work in this heat. :(

I was clearing ground that we bought just a little away from my house some time back. it was all stringy trees and bamboo an stuff. Everytime I would whack on something I would get a whack in the face from something else. needless to say i looked like jesus during the crucifixtion.

I finally started to trace where the trees and bamboo were joined so as to avoid anymore hits in the face.

when I was confident I was safe, I whacked it................. a branch hit me square in the back of the neck !

when i arrived home, my wife thought I had been beaten up.

Now, I just stick to lookin after the garden and let the experts clear the ground.

word of advice. a good set of garden gloves will save you from many close scrapes.

happy gardening guys.

• Like 2

I always look down, as found heaps of scorpions, and centipedes, but never usually look up. Hence the warning to all.

I work outside to lose weight. I've always considered paying to use a gym is a waste of money, but that's just my opinion.

Disturbing a red-ant nest can frequently result in my having to sprint for a short distance ! tongue.png

Wife and I’ve been away from the house for near 2 months now………….Lost sight of the wife 3 times this morning, (in our own ‘Apocalypse now’ film set)……………… Time to get a gardener in or invest in a precision napalm strike by the Thai air force………………..Best get a gardener.

Some great replies. Thanks to all.

I don't particularly enjoy working outside in the heat, but after I reached 100 kg and the pants were too tight, something needed to be done. I'm down to 94 kg and the pants are loose, so well worth it, and outside the house looks great now- a win win situation, provided a creepy crawly doesn't kill me!

I'm not sure how tall you are but 94kg is considered obese under the BMI chart for anyone shorter than 5ft9 and anyone shorter than 6ft4 is considered very overweight. You've got a long way to go to lose the paunch so stick at it! Perhaps you could give us a regular update on shedding the pounds for some of the TV fatties that dont get out in the midday sun.

I don't particularly enjoy working outside in the heat, but after I reached 100 kg and the pants were too tight, something needed to be done. I'm down to 94 kg and the pants are loose, so well worth it, and outside the house looks great now- a win win situation, provided a creepy crawly doesn't kill me!

I enjoy gardening too, and i choose the early morning hours to do the heavy tasks; i do the watering at sunset time and in the while i admire the result of my work.

Keep the work going ! Besides loosing weight and keeping fit, you'll get a peaceful mind .

I would like to add, and it might sound obvious, that doing regular work in the garden keeps snake and the likes at bay, they dislike humans perhaps more than we dislike them smile.png

I enjoy gardening too, and i choose the early morning hours to do the heavy tasks; i do the watering at sunset time and in the while i admire the result of my work.

Keep the work going ! Besides loosing weight and keeping fit, you'll get a peaceful mind .

I would like to add, and it might sound obvious, that doing regular work in the garden keeps snake and the likes at bay, they dislike humans perhaps more than we dislike them smile.png

yup all good fun...so good to see some bit of a stick you put in the ground actually flower or fruit..still waiting for mangoes and cashews to produce anything after 5 years.nem mind .....grab a beer and watch the grass you cut last week reach 100cm..

happy gardening..

Yes, I love to work in the garden but its dam_n hard work in this heat. sad.png

I was clearing ground that we bought just a little away from my house some time back. it was all stringy trees and bamboo an stuff. Everytime I would whack on something I would get a whack in the face from something else. needless to say i looked like jesus during the crucifixtion.

I finally started to trace where the trees and bamboo were joined so as to avoid anymore hits in the face.

when I was confident I was safe, I whacked it................. a branch hit me square in the back of the neck !

when i arrived home, my wife thought I had been beaten up.

Now, I just stick to lookin after the garden and let the experts clear the ground.

word of advice. a good set of garden gloves will save you from many close scrapes.

happy gardening guys.

Your post made me laugh. I could just see you in a comedy style, being wacked by these sticks.

Sorry i have a wicked sense of humour.

I'm happy at the moment.......summer is nearly here in Belgium, so the grass is starting to grow again. I love getting out there and cutting my grass. It makes me feel like i have accomplished something. I have a very large garden.

The wife and i are trying to grow our own flowers this year as well. Well, should i say me. The wife just say's, "you garden, me house".

Happy with that, because once the leaves have stopped falling, i have nothing to do in the garden for months. Well, apart from if it snows. But then thats like play really. giggle.gif

Happy gardening all. wai.gif

Red ants...... aghh.

So a few years back, when I resided in BKK, I was lying on the bed after having taken a shower, naked whilst watching TV.

All of a sudden the John Thomas is hit with a stinging feeling, and a scream by me which matched the pain.

The GF comes rushing in to witness the farang wacking his willy, shouting "<deleted>, <deleted>, she looks on astonished.

" you want to <deleted>" astonished looks "No just get me some ice" more astonished looks " You don't want <deleted> " damm it "not now, just get me some ice and kill the red ants will you"

It HURTS

A few years ago while cutting back some brush with a friend outside the place I rented, I grabbed what I thought was a fistful of green twigs, only to notice that one of them was a green pit viper and it was not happy at being manhandled. How I didn't get bitten I don't know. I took one look at it (and it looked back at me) and threw it over my shoulder, not realizing my friend was behind me. I have never seen anyone move so fast.

We both broke down in gales of laughter when looked at each other in the aftermath of the shock.

• Like 1