Concrete Water Tanks !

Does anyone know if big concrete water tanks are made in Thailand. I mean on site - and 20,000 to 40,000 gallon. For those who dontknow what this means they are the huge tanks about 5 or 6 metres across and 3 to 4 metres high.

They are built using a form which is assembled on site and concrete is poured from a truck. Bloody hard work.

I don't know. These guys probably do know:

Cholburi Concrete Product Co., Ltd.

113 Mu 5 Chachoeng-Sao, Satta-Heeb (331) Rd., Nongpaikaew, Banbaung, Cholburi 20220; tel 0-3879-5278-86; fax 0-3827-5894 ISO 9002 Precast reinforced concrete jacking pipes, precast reinforced concrete bell & spigot pipes, precast reinforced concrete tongue & groove pipes, precast reinforced concrete box sections for drainage, interlocking concrete paving blocks

Why do you ask?

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

www.bangkokstaff.com

Just a thought. I used to know a guy who built big concrete tanks inrural NSW and although it was hard work, it seemed straight forward enough and i was thinking about some areas up country in Thailand where they could do different things with their land if they had water supply year round. Even if it was to improve the water supply to a single village. the tanks I have seen here are crap without exception. I think they use sections which almost always leak and are thin walled as well which makes for easy breakage.

The ideas are endless as to what to do if water was available. But rice growing areas that have only one crop a year and a long dry season, could benefit. I imagine there would be a lot of people with no work for a long period of time in some areas.

If anyone has any thoughts on this subject feel free to post.

http://www.pda.or.th/index.html

Check out the Provincal and Community development organisation run my Senator Mechai (Mr Condom). His team have seem to have perfected the design of sturdy and cheap water tanks that villagers can bulid for themselves. The ones I have seen haven't leaked in 20 years.

Also check out his work on rural water projects, specifically Village piped water systems. You are right, there is lots that can be done with a bit of basic infrastructure. If you are up Khon Kaen way, check out his "campus" up there where they work with villagers to implement these things.

The tanks that PDA build are 2 meter dia. by 3.6 meters tall and are cast on site, ferro cement,11000 liter cap.and for larger gallonage,they just string the tanks out. and cost 15,000 baht each and you must buy 4 to have them built at petchabun,and they will come when they have time.I checked last year when i was setting up a rain water harvest system,they might have time to come this year.