America Tourist Visa Bond

I have heard that thai women can go to america if she has a bond that will [spelling]garantte her return is this true and if so what is the cost of the bond?

I want to take a thai lady on a tour of america for 3 months is this possiable? :o

please help me on this one.I want to leave by may,15 2006

thank you

Well, I'm not so sure. I recall seeing a reference to a possible bond if for some reason they do not feel comfortable with the application. There is a definite reference to a bond.

Reference to Bond

US Department of Justice

Immigration and Naturalization Service

Affidavit of Support

OMB No 1115 - 0062

#5 That I am willing and able to receive, maintain and support the person(s) named in item 3. That I am ready and willing to deposit a bond, if necessary, to gurantee such person(s) will not become a publich charge diring his or her stay in the United States.

I believe you will find that this Affidavit of Support is only used for immigrant visas and some students.  Not for tourist type non immigrant visas.

The OP is not going to obtain a visa for someone with such a form.

Not sure where the confusion is coming from. This is the form I was given for the exact same requirement????

I believe you will find that this Affidavit of Support is only used for immigrant visas and some students.  Not for tourist type non immigrant visas.

Forgot to add, even for a tourist visa, you need to show, a) the applicant is financially able to pay for the entire trip by themselves (cash in bank), and/or the sponsor is able to show they will/can provide housing and meals for the diration of the visit. And it appears as an out for the US government, they may ask/require a bond to guarantee the finances and the prompt return. I have no reason to believe that this is not the correct form, as I was given this by a very reputable visa house in Bangkok.

Well unless you are sponsoring an immigrant visa application or medical/student type non immigrant do not believe it is going to mean anything to the Consular Officer. A visitor must qualify on there own. There is no shortcut unless things have changed (and I believe there would be a mini gold rush in travel if they had). :o

Forgot to add, even for a tourist visa, you need to show, a) the applicant is financially able to pay for the entire trip by themselves (cash in bank), and/or the sponsor is able to show they will/can provide housing and meals for the diration of the visit. And it appears as an out for the US government, they may ask/require a bond to guarantee the finances and the prompt return. I have no reason to believe that this is not the correct form, as I was given this by a very reputable visa house in Bangkok.

Does it matter if the money just appears in the account overnight or does it have to look like it was earned over time and is there a set amount required???

Does it matter if the money just appears in the account overnight or does it have to look like it was earned over time and is there a set amount required???

Of coarse it matters. The whole idea is to prove the tourist will return to country, not that they just have money (that is secondary to return). If there is a sudden influx of money it could be a red flag if not explained. The whole process is set up to weed out those most likely to not return so money/status/employment/family etc. are all important. There should be enough money to indicate the person can afford the trip (not just cover expense). Several hundred thousand would probably be considered normal.

Actually the OCCUPATION of the thai person and the SALARY of the thai person seeking a tourist visa is perhaps more important than cash in the bank. The embassy must answer the question.....can the thai person do better in the US vs. returning to Thailand? All criteria are important but this is often looked at vey carefully.

Here's the verdict from the UnitedStatesVisas gov website, which is linked from and managed by the US Dept of State. However, I do know people who have supplied financial information when their fairly poor relatives visited and their visas were approved. Realize that these are people reviewing the forms and for borderline cases, I'd expect it to help the case if it matches the story about the visit. For example, they might not be able to pay for their visit if it's assumed that they stay in hotels, but if staying with relatives, they could meet the funds requirement. It wouldn't turn a clear 'no' into a 'yes' however.

"Hosting Visitors to the U.S.

People often ask how they can help a family member, relative or friend get a visa to visit them in the United States. We appreciate their desire to help and do understand that sometimes the need for a visit can be urgent.

Under U.S. law, however, applicants for visitor visas must qualify on their own for visas to visit the United States.

This is what applicants must do to qualify for visitor visas:

* Complete and sign the required application forms;

* Bring evidence that their visit is temporary and that they will return home after their legally authorized stay; and

* Undergo security clearance procedures

We understand that you may want to help with the visa process. However, it does not help the applicant if you write a letter of invitation or personally guarantee his or her departure from the United States after the visit is over. The consular officer evaluates each visa application on its own merits according to visa law and procedures. You can be most helpful by making sure the applicant has all the information they need to submit a correct application and by explaining fully the standards for visa issuance."

• 4 weeks later...