Convert Extension Of Stay From Ed To Marriage

I’m in Thailand on extension on NON-IMM-ED-Visa (single, expired). Extension procedure I had/ have to make at Watthana Immigration because the school is registered in Bangkok, but I live in another province.

In short time I will marriage in Thailand and want to convert extend based on marriage (deposit requirements 400.000,00THB are more than 3 month in thai bank account fulfilled).

Does immigration Watthana convert extend based on marriage or will this be a problem, what’s the procedere?

Or do I have to go to Immigration where I live, (after converting for future extensions I think I have to go to Immigration where I live)?

Or do I have to apply for a new visa out of country and apply after (30 days?) at immigration where I live for extension based on marriage?

Thanks.

Peter

From most reports ED visa entry can only be used/extended for education so you may have to make a new entry with/without a visa to apply for change/extension for Thai wife. Suggest you talk with your local office to confirm.

A simple new non immigrant O visa for entry after marriage using marriage certificate/wife ID and home register copies and then extension 60 days later at your home province immigration would always work.

As long as you have the correct paperwork for the marriage, it is possible for you to change the Non ED over to a Non O and get a one year extension of stay based on the marriage without going out of the country.

I just did the same thing and it was completed wthout any problem whatsoever. Saying that though, I was also at Walen's school in Bangkok and when we (my Wife and myself) went in to the chaeng Wattana immigration they said that they couldnt do it and that I would need to go out of the country to get a single entry non O. We then left Bangkok to another province some way away and got it changed and the 12 month extention done without any problem at all. Therefore, everything really depends on the actual office that you go to, they all have their own rules and procedures that they follow.

Good luck,

As long as you have the correct paperwork for the marriage, it is possible for you to change the Non ED over to a Non O and get a one year extension of stay based on the marriage without going out of the country.

I just did the same thing and it was completed wthout any problem whatsoever. Saying that though, I was also at Walen's school in Bangkok and when we (my Wife and myself) went in to the chaeng Wattana immigration they said that they couldnt do it and that I would need to go out of the country to get a single entry non O. We then left Bangkok to another province some way away and got it changed and the 12 month extention done without any problem at all. Therefore, everything really depends on the actual office that you go to, they all have their own rules and procedures that they follow.

Good luck,

Thanks for your infos, Falcon.

Good luck,

I guess it's one of those cases where it depends on the competence (or incompetence) of the immigration officers. I had my extension converted at CW immigration with no issues but they wanted a letter from my school (Walen's as well) stating that I've concluded my studies. As the officer explained this was needed in order for them to close my ED extension file.

Good luck,

I guess it's one of those cases where it depends on the competence (or incompetence) of the immigration officers. I had my extension converted at CW immigration with no issues but they wanted a letter from my school (Walen's as well) stating that I've concluded my studies. As the officer explained this was needed in order for them to close my ED extension file.

Thanks kotsak, you confimed what Immigration Watthana and Immigration Samut Sakhon told me yesterday. Applying for marriage extension they need a letter from my school stating the completion of my school studies. This letter plus the usual paperwork for marriage extension are the conditions for convert the extension from ED to Marriage. Both immigration officers told me independently that will be going ok and I do not have to leave the country.