Hair Loss

nietzche

I have worn my hair short since I was a kid. Generally just a neat crew cut with the number 3 extension from the Barber shop. Shortly after arriving in Thailand, I noticed that the hair at the top of my head (crown) was starting to thin out. I still have the same hairline as I did when I was a kid, so I was pretty shocked by this.

After a couple of months, my hair started to thin rapidly, to the point where there was a small area (about 3cm circumference) which was almost completely bald! (except for some very thinly placed hairs).

Again, I was completely taken aback by this since it happened so very fast (within the space of about 3 months). I spoke about this to a Thai female friend who then gave me a bottle of some Thai herbal lotion, and told me to use it everyday. She was absolutely convinced that it worked as she used it herself on occasion (apparently Thai women sometimes have issues with hair thinning, possible due to their incredibly fine hair type).

I used this everyday after showering (it stunk to high heaven!) for about 2 months. My hair has completely 100% grown back on the top of my head. I am absolutely astounded by this.

I am not sure if this was the result of the lotion, or if it was the result of temporary hair loss (due to the extremely warm climate here??) Has anyone experienced "temporary" hair loss on the crown of their head????

As I stated before, it was only the crown of my head that was effected. Absolutely no effect to the hairline. I am curious as to whether or not the reversal was due to the lotion or not???

I cannot say, but hair loss is usually the result of mail pattern baldness.

Biopsy (blood test) usually confirms this. It did with me.

I take a pharma medicine that works for me - but if this lotion is working, then I say, keep using it.

Keep us posted on this.

I have worn my hair short since I was a kid. Generally just a neat crew cut with the number 3 extension from the Barber shop. Shortly after arriving in Thailand, I noticed that the hair at the top of my head (crown) was starting to thin out. I still have the same hairline as I did when I was a kid, so I was pretty shocked by this.

After a couple of months, my hair started to thin rapidly, to the point where there was a small area (about 3cm circumference) which was almost completely bald! (except for some very thinly placed hairs).

Again, I was completely taken aback by this since it happened so very fast (within the space of about 3 months). I spoke about this to a Thai female friend who then gave me a bottle of some Thai herbal lotion, and told me to use it everyday. She was absolutely convinced that it worked as she used it herself on occasion (apparently Thai women sometimes have issues with hair thinning, possible due to their incredibly fine hair type).

You mean incredibly thick hair type?

I used this everyday after showering (it stunk to high heaven!) for about 2 months. My hair has completely 100% grown back on the top of my head. I am absolutely astounded by this.

I am not sure if this was the result of the lotion, or if it was the result of temporary hair loss (due to the extremely warm climate here??) Has anyone experienced "temporary" hair loss on the crown of their head????

As I stated before, it was only the crown of my head that was effected. Absolutely no effect to the hairline. I am curious as to whether or not the reversal was due to the lotion or not???

Sounds good. What's it called?

(ps: Did you grow breasts?)

Edited by cheeryble

A photo of the bottle would be nice.

There is no telling what is in the water / air here that could cause hair loss or any other given health issue. It could also be a change in your diet and/or a lack of vitamins due to eating different foods than you're used to.

Hi,

Can you possibly post what it was that you used for your hair loss? I've been living in Thailnd now for almost 6 months. I'm 36, female and used to have very healthy, strong, thick shiny hair. 2 months ago everything changed. My hair became weak, brittle, stopped holding it's shape, then I started losing it. I've now lost almost 60% of my hair and it is still falling out in very rapid amounts. I recently went to see a doctor and was tested for thryoid. Test results came back fine. Every day I lose chunks and chunks of my hair. I've been trying everything known to man kind to get this to stop.... but it's falling out with a vengance. I've spent most of my money on specific vitamins and dr visit so I can't go back to the states. I cry every day and today I'm just plain fed up with this hair loss, as I now have come to realize I WILL GO BALD if I dont find the cause.

Anyone else dealing with such extreme hair loss here in Thailand?