New Car Availability In Chiang Mai

mallmagician

Hi all,

I'm in the market for an automatic new car, around the 500k mark. I know that sometimes new models have queues and the floods have affected things, but I'm trying to buy it now, ready for hot season...

Nissan, March and Almera, 3 month wait

Mitsubishi Mirage, earliest July delivery

Honda Brio - any ideas of the wait? The dealer on the super highway is closed Sundays.

Proton, can get the cars quick, but couldn't show me one as their large showroom just had one vehicle in it.

Mazda, dealer closed

Toyota, Vios-1 month wait, but for automatic, sadly 50k over budget.

Has anyone any ideas how to get a new car quickly here?

Thanks

I assume you want so pay the car in cash money ... So the sales ladies are not very interested in you cause they get additional bonus by "selling" you an installment contract.

When we ordered our Vigo directly during its introduction some years ago we had the same problem. We managed to meet the sales manager and explained to him why we needed the car very urgently. After a second and third visit within the following week we presented him a bottle of "Black", and voila ... got the third full option Vigo available in Chiang Mai. "Returning the kindness" ...

Yes, we have the cash, so I was hoping it would be an easy thing to walk in, choose from what was available quickly, and pay deposit ready for delivery. You make a good point about the sales commission that May be lost if we do it that way.

We were told the first batch of Mirage are due to arrive in May, but if we ordered now, we would be in the 3Rd or 4th batch, which is likely July.

I'm hoping Honda will have a shorter waiting list when we go in (I can't understand why they close Sunday, which I would have thought, would be a busy car sales day).

Any insight from TV members much appreciated. Especially, any tips on who to talk to to grease the wheels.... Unfortunately the above experience was with Toyota, which is slightly too expensive anyway, otherwise id be asking for more info on the guy to talk to. Hehe.

Mazda 2 was 545,000 for the Manual, close to 600,000 for the auto so more than you want to spend. At that price, the Ford Fiesta Auto is supposed to be a better car (the Mazda 2 manual being the better option than the Fiesta Manual).

At 500k, I'd be looking at the Nissan Almera.

It's more like 700K than 500K, but as of about a month ago the Ford dealer in Chiang Mai still had several new Fiestas on their lot ready to sell. It's not a bad car for money either, provided that you're looking for something practical rather than something flashy.

Edited by OriginalPoster

My friends just had good luck at the Toyota pre-owned car dealership.

In fact they got the deal I always thought would be perfect but didnt know it was actually available: An almost new car for a significant discount. They got a Yaris with 8,000 km for 150k off the new price. Drive away, too. My friends told me there s plenty of nearly new cars standing around there, some repos, others where people decided after a few months they dont want that car...

Having bought my car brand new I'd take such a deal in an instant. A new car is really only new for the first 2 weeks, after that the new car smell is gone and it has a first scratch somewhere. Worth 150k? Hardly.

My friends just had good luck at the Toyota pre-owned car dealership.

In fact they got the deal I always thought would be perfect but didnt know it was actually available: An almost new car for a significant discount. They got a Yaris with 8,000 km for 150k off the new price. Drive away, too. My friends told me there s plenty of nearly new cars standing around there, some repos, others where people decided after a few months they dont want that car...

Having bought my car brand new I'd take such a deal in an instant. A new car is really only new for the first 2 weeks, after that the new car smell is gone and it has a first scratch somewhere. Worth 150k? Hardly.

were can I find this pre owned car dealership. Would like to have look my self and it sounds wearth checking out.