Shipping From Chiang Mai To Uk

GUANO

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had any idea of how much shipping is from Chiang Mai to the UK?

I'm looking have some concrete benches made over here and ship them over. I will probably need between 2 and 3 cubic meters. Also any idea about tax etc?

At the moment I'm just looking for a ball park figure to see if this is a realistic option.

Cheers

Guano,

I recently shipped 1.2 cubic mtrs (two items) back from Chiang Mai to Aberdeen, Scotland using Noi <[email protected]> at Vanat Shipping www.vabatshipping.com - who charged me THB12,000. I received several photographs showing the conditions of the goods before they were packed and generally, the whole operation went smoothly, taking about five weeks to arrive in the UK, where I collected the goods from a local warehouse in my car.

This all sounds very reasonable until you find out how much everyone else in the process charged, which Noi may not be able to inform you about.

• Terminal handling charge GBP 55.00
  • CAF (I think this was for fumigation in Singapore) GBP 14.50
  • Documentation GBP 82.00
  • Temp ROE differential GBP 29.00
  • Customs clearance GBP 135.00
  • VAT GBP 52.80
  • Deferrement (something to do with VAT) GBP 45.00

As you may imagine I wasn't too chuffed at the extras - but at least I've a better idea when I need to ship things again (in about three months!).