We Have Solved The Farang Land Ownership Problem...

He he...I like the "Flying Freehold"....

But yeah, it is quite childish...almost as childish as the law that forbids the farangs to own land here ;-)

But yeah, it is quite childish...almost as childish as the law that forbids the farangs to own land here ;-)

there are a few ways you can buy land in your name, like the 2002 BOI law if you transfer in to Thailand 30M Baht you can buy up to 1 rai land. As much as I would like to buy some land here, I kinda agree with the law, where I came from 90% of the land was owned by foreigners and the little left over was such high priced none of the locals could afford it.

there are a few ways you can buy land in your name, like the 2002 BOI law if you transfer in to Thailand 30M Baht you can buy up to 1 rai land. As much as I would like to buy some land here, I kinda agree with the law, where I came from 90% of the land was owned by foreigners and the little left over was such high priced none of the locals could afford it.

40 million. For one rai. Good move if you are a multi-national company. Bit steep if you are a private citizen.

A more practical solution is availabe. And that is my current plan for a business.

It are houses that are mobile. From a simple container based one to a custom sized one.

You just rent the land, place the house on it, when the leases ends you can try to extend it if you want or when you are bored with that place go somewhere else and take the house with you and rent something else.

Simple, but not done yet in Thailand. At least not on a professional level.

At the moment 'collecting' suitable pieces of land for that purpose and a few mobile houses are in there final design phase.

I guess at least 1-2 years more when i am ready.

Just some ideas based on two and one 40ft container made with sketchup to have an idea of the possibilities.

post-7665-0-11990000-1335938571_thumb.pn

post-7665-0-96523500-1335938589_thumb.pn

post-7665-0-02161300-1335938611_thumb.pn

Edited by Khun Jean

• 2 weeks later...

A more practical solution is availabe. And that is my current plan for a business.

It are houses that are mobile. From a simple container based one to a custom sized one.

You just rent the land, place the house on it, when the leases ends you can try to extend it if you want or when you are bored with that place go somewhere else and take the house with you and rent something else.

Simple, but not done yet in Thailand. At least not on a professional level.

At the moment 'collecting' suitable pieces of land for that purpose and a few mobile houses are in there final design phase.

I guess at least 1-2 years more when i am ready.

Just some ideas based on two and one 40ft container made with sketchup to have an idea of the possibilities.

Normally I would think this is a stupid idea with Thailand's climate but someone sent me a picture of one some time ago. I'll try to find it.

• 1 month later...

Not childish at all. It's a very sensible law that ensures rich foreigners don't buy up all the good land.

It works the same both ways. For example, rich foreigners are allowed to buy land in Thailand. So that means a tiny proportion can buy land here. Thais can buy land in the UK, but it's so expensive that in reality only the rich can afford to. So in practice it works the same both ways. UK don't have a law forbidding Thais to buy land for the simple reason that they don't need to. Thai can't afford to so why bother having a law for something that won't happen.