Trayvon Martin Shooter Released On $150,000 Bond

News_Editor

But you're wrong. Zimmerman was active in tea party events, tea party people know that and he has gotten a lot of support from tea party people and NRA supporters who as you know are quite often the same people. Who do you think is giving Zimmerman so much money that he lied about it? Liberals? Don't be naive. This case has become highly politicized and that's the way it is.

I haven't read anything that claimed Zimmerman was active in tea party events. Can you direct me to the source of your information?

Perhaps some people should have been a little more circumspect in their desire to fan the flames of racism by lionizing this 17 year old kid who had been expelled from school for drug use.

edit in: Before one of your apoplectic attacks, JT, "some people" does not include you.wink.png

Edited by chuckd

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't talking about racism now. What are you saying? A kid does some pot and deserves to be murdered? The dead kid was unarmed. He wasn't told the man chasing him was acting in an authority role. He wasn't told the man chasing him was carrying a gun. The dead kid was the one who was being harassed. Not the other way around.

Edited by Jingthing

From what I can gather new evidence actually supports Zimmerman's version of events.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/05/18/new-evidence-is-consistent-with-george-zimmerman%E2%80%99s-self-defense-claim/

A medical report by George Zimmerman’s doctor has disclosed that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting.

• Like 1

A medical report indicated that Martin was ... shot dead.

Zimmerman is now a known liar. He faces an uphill battle now to avoid at least a manslaughter conviction and I say good riddance. An example should be made: when the police say don't follow, don't follow / if you're fool enough to follow anyway and you're acting as a neighborhood watch official, STATE THAT LOUDLY AND CLEARLY / don't carry a concealed firearm when your role has rules against it

Everyone knows Zimmerman had in his power to prevent this murder. Yes, he should pay and I think now he will pay.

But you're wrong.

No I am not ...sorry.....I have spent the majority of my life in the US involved in competitive shooting.

I think I know what I am talking about when I stated...

"Fact is that the vast majority of legal gun owners in America believe anyone using a gun to commit a felony should be locked up & the key thrown away."

This case has become highly politicized and that's the way it is.

Not surprisingly but that is not what I was pointing out.

I was pointing out your usual sensationalizing & pigeonholing of groups

to make your little point is demeaning to you...your post...& the groups you try to pigeonhole

THAT is the way it is.....with you

But that is not the reality

As I said ..Too Bad...because if you could just point out facts

& supporting evidence that would be credible.

Personally I think the shooter was a cocked & unlocked incident waiting to happen.

Due to prior experiences he was looking for the first reason to be a hero.

That is a recipe for disaster & that is what he found. If it had not been Trayvon it would have been

someone like him.

This person is not representative of those who protect gun ownership nor any political party

as much as you would like to sensationalize it.

If you cannot find fact enough in the incident then you should set it aside instead of derailing it.

Edited by flying
  • Like 1

From what I can gather new evidence actually supports Zimmerman's version of events.

http://www.algemeine...-defense-claim/

A medical report by George Zimmerman’s doctor has disclosed that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting.

The EVIDENCE makes Zimmerman's self-defence claims seem very credible. Most likely, he did not report having money so that he would have money to post bail and pay for his defence and who could blame him? Any claims that he was going to run are pure speculation and have no basis in fact. There is a very good chance that he will be found innocent based on the EVIDENCE.

• Like 1

http://www.algemeine...-defense-claim/

The EVIDENCE makes Zimmerman's self-defence claims seem very credible. Most likely, he did not report having money so that he would have money to post bail and pay for his defence and who could blame him? Any claims that he was going to run are pure speculation and have no basis in fact. There is a very good chance that he will be found innocent based on the EVIDENCE.

The judge thinks there was actually a PLOT to flee the country. Don't you think the judge would know better than you? Yes Zimmerman deserves his day in court to present his evidence. But don't forget his dead victim ALSO deserves his day in court. Who could blame Zimmerman for blatantly lying to the court? Duh. The court. He now may spend a year in prison for that. It may seem trivial to you but it is not trivial to the court.

Why is it that Americans with right wing politics are so passionate about protecting this one murder suspect when in general they are the last people to care about the rights of criminals? Yes, he has become their cause celebre.

Edited by Jingthing

The judge thinks there was actually a PLOT to flee the country. Don't you think the judge would know better than you?

No I don't. The judge is miffed because Zimmerman did not admit to having money and is out of line making these wild speculations in public - IMHO.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Why is it that Americans with right wing politics are so passionate about protecting this one murder suspect when in general they are the last people to care about the rights of criminals? Yes, he has become their cause celebre.

Because he probably is not a criminal and self-defence is a constitutional right.

Because he probably is not a criminal and self-defence is a constitutional right.

Last time I checked, armed men chasing down unarmed innocent boys and not even bothering to tell them why they are chasing them is protected by no constitution on earth. It's so very tea party to attribute fantasy features of the constitution that never existed. So you have decided he won't be convicted. That's fine. We'll see. I'd take that bet. Edited by Jingthing

I have not "decided" anything, but I am not making up wild fantasies about him "chasing" anyone down either. The matter will be settled in court.

You deny that Zimmerman was following Martin? That is well documented. You say Zimmerman is probably not a criminal. Sorry that sounds like you have decided he is not guilty. Edited by Jingthing

I'm sure that you understand that the word "probably" does not mean that I am certain. Yes, he followed Martin for a little while, but I am not convinced that he "chased him down". Zimmerman says that Martin attacked him and Zimmerman's injuries and eye witnesses make this defense very plausible.

OK, that's fine. Well, I think he is guilty of at least manslaughter assuming the basic accepted facts of the case are true:

1. He was told to not follow

2. He did follow

3. He didn't announce he was acting as neighborhood watch

4. He shot the boy dead.

Yes, ineligible for the jury. coffee1.gif

Another aspect of this is a moral aspect. Zimmerman acting as the neighborhood watch had the RESPONSIBILITY not only not to carry a gun which was against the rules but also to announce his role to what to him was obviously a suspect. He wasn't just a random neighbor. He was there in a defined role. So his sins in not avoiding this killing when he had more than one chance to avoid the killing make him specifically even more culpable. I can't get past the dead unarmed boy and I bet you the jury won't get past that either.

Edited by Jingthing

The operator at 911 had no authority of any kind to tell Zimmerman what to do. THAT is why it is not evidence.

You are surely wrong about that. The entire 911 call will all be part of the evidence in court. Anyway the point is Zimmerman had multiple chances to avoid the killing but he chose differently. There will be consequences.

The 911 call will be entered into evidence, but most likely the jury will not give it much credence as a 911 operator has no authority.

If Zimmerman was attacked by Martin as the evidence suggests, he had every right to defend himself and will be found not guilty.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The 911 call will be entered into evidence, but most likely the jury will not give it much credence as a 911 operator has no authority.

If Zimmerman was attacked by Martin as the evidence suggests, he had every right to defend himself and will be found not guilty.

How will the jury know that Zimmerman wasn't threatening Martin? Based on Zimmerman's shady personal history and his totally unreasonable behavior in following Martin and packing a gun when he wasn't supposed to, plus his record of lying in court, his credibility as a witness is very low.

How will the jury know that Zimmerman wasn't threatening Martin?

The jury have to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt that he threatened Martin and there is no evidence that he did. Between the physical evidence and eye witnesses he has very good case for self-defence.

It might not go to jury. I think you're missing the big news here. Zimmerman's credibility is deeply damaged and his credibility is relevant if his defense chooses to attempt a stand your ground hearing. If he wins that, he walks and the case never goes to trial. Because he is now a proven liar, his chances of winning this are reduced. Will his defense even attempt this hearing? Probably yes but if it goes badly what goes down in the hearing will be used against Zimmerman at the actual trial. It's a big risk. Now that he is a proven liar, an even bigger risk. But I think he will take it so stay tuned:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/stand-your-ground-hearing-the-risk-for-george-zimmerman-and-the-prosecution/2012/06/12/gJQAzx58WV_blog.html

But the as-yet-unscheduled Stand Your Ground hearing could allow Zimmerman to go free without prosecution.

Again Zimmerman apologists may think the lies he told the court were nothing, but they were not nothing to the court. Unless you think a million dollars is nothing.

Zimmerman's credibility will be questioned, however, if he goes to trial before a jury, they will be the ones to decide his fate on the charges, which won't directly be related to his bail situation.

Having a judge that doesn't trust or like you doesn't help your case though.

Having a judge that doesn't trust or like you doesn't help your case though.

No it doesn't, but that pretty much describes every defendant in the system, so par for the course. I doubt if OJ or Casey Anthony's judges liked or trusted them and they were actually guilty.

I have known a few Judges and, by and large, they don't really seem to care much one way or the other about the defendants. They do have some rather strong opinions about the representing attorneys and how well they control their client and keep them informed.

The judge thinks there was actually a PLOT to flee the country. Don't you think the judge would know better than you? Yes Zimmerman deserves his day in court to present his evidence. But don't forget his dead victim ALSO deserves his day in court. Who could blame Zimmerman for blatantly lying to the court? Duh. The court. He now may spend a year in prison for that. It may seem trivial to you but it is not trivial to the court.

1. The judge raised his bail because he had $130,000 in donated funds and a passport. There was no known PLOT. If there was, please provide links. From the linked article below...

"(Judge) Lester wrote that it was reasonable to assume that since Zimmerman had more than $130,000 in cash and a second passport, he might try to flee the U.S. to avoid prosecution."

2. His "year in prison" is over for now. He posted the bond by putting up 10% cash, as is the normal procedure.

George Zimmerman Out of Jail on $1 Million Bond

By CANDACE SMITH and COLLEEN CURRY | ABC News – 7 hrs ago

George Zimmerman walked out of jail on $1 million bond today to await his trial on charges of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Dressed in a gray suit covering a bullet-proof vest, Zimmerman walked out of Seminole County Correctional Facility just before 3 p.m., flanked by a body guard and an unknown man.

He made no comment to reporters as he climbed into a waiting SUV.

http://news.yahoo.co...topstories.html

Edited by chuckd

OK, so he got out again. Good for him.

Again, the point I wanted to emphasize is that his lying to the court reduces his chance of winning his (optional) stand your ground hearing. If he loses that hearing, he may still win in trial, but the prosecution will have more ammunition (so to speak) to use against the shooter at the trial. Not about the lying about assets. Rather, the actual testimony in the hearing will be new material for the prosecution and it is all allowed at trial. Bottom line, if he fails at the hearing, he is in a harder place now.

Edited by Jingthing