Bringing Thaksin Home

webfact

If we ignore Thaksin's well documented paranoid flirtation with assassination attempts, and assume there are, indeed, hitmen after him, then, in the event they succeed, he will certainly manage to dodge imprisonment.

Assuming it is all down to his paranoia, then I suppose it's safe to read Sukumpol's assertion that ". . . The process must be really fair, especially the appointment of people in charge of the process." as "Thaksin is looking for the three monkeys who see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil." Though why a defence minister should be making any pronouncements on the judicial process is itself questionable.

Sukumpol's doing so to help out his old classmate, Thaksin.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My neighbour in Bangkok is a retired senior Thai diplomat who was stationed in Brazil from the 60's to the late 90's. She says that when she was diplomat in Brazil in those decades, the general crime and corruption rates were roughly the same as Thailand, with the exception that Brazil had a far higher murder rate, kidnapping rate, and a lot more small arms. But Brazil has cleaned itself up in the last twenty years, the murder rate has dropped & so has kidnapping etc. She says by contrast Thailand has overtaken Brazil in crime per capita. She refuses to even talk about PTP or Thaksin, when I once tried to start talking about that she just shook her head and said "what can you do".

People like to forget that Thaksin was CONVICTED while his brother in law was PM, then he decided to do a runner. I think the Thai Judiciary is still quite independent from the political fray. That's why Taksin won't come home unless a legislative whitewash allows it.

The Red shirts on trial for terrorism better get ready to move to Dubai. I think they are going to get shocked in that upcoming trial. (I think Sondhi already went there, after his 20 year conviction). Thai party in Dubai!

I'd like to think you're right about the Thai judiciary 'still quite independent.' I think that the Supremes, because they were caught making poor decisions earlier (most evident; pardoning T for hiding assets) are trying to get back a semblence of respect. That's partly why T is afraid of them, and he wants the justices pre-rigged before he deigns to return.

PT Party trying to get blatant law-breakers forgiven (Red Shirt arsonists, shooters, etc) is sad indeed. It's pissing on Thai laws. It's almost as disrespectful of the law, as expending all their energies, including changing the Constitution, to get the Big Probleman back to Thailand.

Politics is politics, the law is the law.

Thaksin was ousted for political reasons no doubt about that but the fact he broke the law whilst in power in order to benefit his family is a separate issue altogether. For that he was tried and found guilty by the courts. He did not appeal in the usual sense knowing he was guilty and resorted to the cakebox approach instead which simply compounded his guilt.

Politically it was bad to leave an egregious lawbreaker in charge of the nation,

when he wasn't even legitimately in the office at the time he was presenting himself,

to the international community as such, after ex-constitutionally taking the PM job back,

after publicly resigning because his coinstitutional mandate no longer existed.

Why it is thought by some to be 'constitutionally OK to

'let a non-constitutional player keep a job he is not entitled to',

is beyond understanding... if there is no POLITICAL BIAS to back that idea.

If there is BIAS to make the idea work then it is POLITICAL in nature.

While the removal is actual more constitutional.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

This is a joke and I knew this would happen from the first day PT took office. They will try all kind of amnesty tricks and if it doesn't work they will "simply" open all Thaksin's cases and give him a new trial.

That is what I call some serious special treatment.

Like Yingluck said during a CNN interview the first week she became PM, "we might have to look at my brothers cases again to see if he had recieved fair treatment". giggle.gif

Obviously, any trial for Thaksin, with the PT in power, would inevitably find him not guilty - of any of the half dozen cases he's facing. Indeed, PT would simply compel the judges to toss out the charges altogether. It's gone from silly to ridiculous.

Under what government was he found guilty before before he went on the lam?

What does that matter.

This is a joke and I knew this would happen from the first day PT took office. They will try all kind of amnesty tricks and if it doesn't work they will "simply" open all Thaksin's cases and give him a new trial.

That is what I call some serious special treatment.

Like Yingluck said during a CNN interview the first week she became PM, "we might have to look at my brothers cases again to see if he had recieved fair treatment". giggle.gif

I have been saying for years,it is the one and only thing that PT are in govt for.The floods sidetracked them a bit and we're still waiting for those pumps T.

KireB, critical of my drivel you may be but that is not the reason I ignore you. It's because of the posts you write. Have you ever considered that there may be more than the one lane, the lane that you have self proclaimed as being right, by might?

No you haven't and nor will you, that's why I ignore you.

You have a good point here, there are more roads that lead to Rome. More than one lane to use your words!

But in the same post you contradict yourself (as usual) by admitting to ignore me, or others, for having a different opinion.

You have claimed several times to be very well informed, always searches for proof, evidence, but you don't want to explain me why the present Constitution came forth undemocratically! Either you don't know, or you have your head in the sand.

I don't want to be offensive, just want you to defend your arguments with sensibility. And I feel I am not the only one that would like you to step up to the plate.

But, you will probably............. ignore this............. cause you have no answers.